Raw Raw Food

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
hey - who has tried, enjoyed and carrying on with this?

i love whole raw almond milk shakes - they are reallly yummy, anything with almonds turns my crank.

whole meals raw are great. they are the way we are suppose to eat. hunting for our food and eating it there on the spot. goes with my slow food movement.

anyways, you basically eat out of all the food groups, but eat it raw. no raw meat for me though, too far over the edge....mind you, i love sushi. so that makes me a liar..... 8O

what about it, who's in on the raw food? who's an innie and who's an outee?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

i love whole raw almond milk shakes - they are reallly yummy, anything with almonds turns my crank.

whole meals raw are great. they are the way we are suppose to eat. hunting for our food and eating it there on the spot. goes with my slow food movement.

anyways, you basically eat out of all the food groups, but eat it raw. no raw meat for me though, too far over the edge....mind you, i love sushi. so that makes me a liar..... 8O

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
YES!! it sounds very interesting...we should have a raw raw food dinner...A friend told me about going to a dinner like this...he is a meat and potatoes person, but he found the whole meal very interesting especially the ingredients, and he said it tasted good to...hey mama I found this..link...what time is the dinner :p :p

http://www.living-foods.com/index.shtml

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
YES!! it sounds very interesting...we should have a raw raw food dinner...A friend told me about going to a dinner like this...he is a meat and potatoes person, but he found the whole meal very interesting especially the ingredients, and he said it tasted good to...hey mama I found this..link...what time is the dinner :p :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
yeah, the brown rice curry looks yummy.....

Part of the enjoyment of this dish is all the serving that you allow
yourself. I'll explain. You have the rice mixture in a bowl. The
onion/garlic mix in a serving shot glass (or something) and then you have the sauce that should look orangy/reddy/browny in a another serving bowl all on a tray. Your bowl is empty. Then you spoon in some rice and on one side of the rice you spoon on some of the onion garlic mix, on the other you spoon on some of the curry sauce and so as you eat the rice, you decide how much of what flavours you want. Then you can serve yourself some more rice and more sauces... it reminds me of the way Asians eat- many serving bowls of different interesting stuff.. and you keep serving yourself as you go along.

i like the colour arrangement.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

onion/garlic mix in a serving shot glass (or something) and then you have the sauce that should look orangy/reddy/browny in a another serving bowl all on a tray. Your bowl is empty. Then you spoon in some rice and on one side of the rice you spoon on some of the onion garlic mix, on the other you spoon on some of the curry sauce and so as you eat the rice, you decide how much of what flavours you want. Then you can serve yourself some more rice and more sauces... it reminds me of the way Asians eat- many serving bowls of different interesting stuff.. and you keep serving yourself as you go along.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I'm an innie

HA! me too! and, that being said, i am an 'innie' on this one too. i think we will start with the rice that you 'cook' by soaking in water for a day. hmmmm, i bet it does taste good. will give it a try and report back. actually, family will give it a try and then we will see brahhahaha 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I'm an innie

HA! me too! and, that being said, i am an 'innie' on this one too. i think we will start with the rice that you 'cook' by soaking in water for a day. hmmmm, i bet it does taste good. will give it a try and report back. actually, family will give it a try and then we will see brahhahaha 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I'm an innie

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm not sure what an "innie" or "outty" means.

My daughter, bf and I enjoy certain meal that would be considered raw.

It's tuna. We cut up lots of veggies, cheeses, multitude of different crackers. You spoon on the amount of tuna, what veggies and what cheeses on whatever cracker you want. It's a lot of prep, but great for movie night. It's healthy. Great with wine. Pluse being a grazer myself, it's perfect for me.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

It's tuna. We cut up lots of veggies, cheeses, multitude of different crackers. You spoon on the amount of tuna, what veggies and what cheeses on whatever cracker you want. It's a lot of prep, but great for movie night. It's healthy. Great with wine. Pluse being a grazer myself, it's perfect for me.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thats sounds yummy twila...galaniomama and I have become buds with the an iranian...grocery...sometimes when we go shopping for goodies there he puts a spread out for us 8) Have you ever tried roasted red pepper spread, yogurt cheese...you have to check out his place when you get over to victoria...corner of quadra and reynolds...tell him peapod and galaniomama sent you... he know our nics :p and he will give you some tastes..

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thats sounds yummy twila...galaniomama and I have become buds with the an iranian...grocery...sometimes when we go shopping for goodies there he puts a spread out for us 8) Have you ever tried roasted red pepper spread, yogurt cheese...you have to check out his place when you get over to victoria...corner of quadra and reynolds...tell him peapod and galaniomama sent you... he know our nics :p and he will give you some tastes..