Raw Raw Food

galianomama
hey - who has tried, enjoyed and carrying on with this?

i love whole raw almond milk shakes - they are reallly yummy, anything with almonds turns my crank.

whole meals raw are great. they are the way we are suppose to eat. hunting for our food and eating it there on the spot. goes with my slow food movement.

anyways, you basically eat out of all the food groups, but eat it raw. no raw meat for me though, too far over the edge....mind you, i love sushi. so that makes me a liar.....

what about it, who's in on the raw food? who's an innie and who's an outee?

galianomama

i love whole raw almond milk shakes - they are reallly yummy, anything with almonds turns my crank.

whole meals raw are great. they are the way we are suppose to eat. hunting for our food and eating it there on the spot. goes with my slow food movement.

anyways, you basically eat out of all the food groups, but eat it raw. no raw meat for me though, too far over the edge....mind you, i love sushi. so that makes me a liar.....

galianomama

peapod
YES!! it sounds very interesting...we should have a raw raw food dinner...A friend told me about going to a dinner like this...he is a meat and potatoes person, but he found the whole meal very interesting especially the ingredients, and he said it tasted good to...hey mama I found this..link...what time is the dinner :P :P

www.living-foods.com/index.shtml (external - login to view)

peapod
YES!! it sounds very interesting...we should have a raw raw food dinner...A friend told me about going to a dinner like this...he is a meat and potatoes person, but he found the whole meal very interesting especially the ingredients, and he said it tasted good to...hey mama I found this..link...what time is the dinner :P :P

peapod

galianomama
yeah, the brown rice curry looks yummy.....

Quote:

Part of the enjoyment of this dish is all the serving that you allow
yourself. I'll explain. You have the rice mixture in a bowl. The
onion/garlic mix in a serving shot glass (or something) and then you have the sauce that should look orangy/reddy/browny in a another serving bowl all on a tray. Your bowl is empty. Then you spoon in some rice and on one side of the rice you spoon on some of the onion garlic mix, on the other you spoon on some of the curry sauce and so as you eat the rice, you decide how much of what flavours you want. Then you can serve yourself some more rice and more sauces... it reminds me of the way Asians eat- many serving bowls of different interesting stuff.. and you keep serving yourself as you go along.

i like the colour arrangement.

galianomama

Quote:

onion/garlic mix in a serving shot glass (or something) and then you have the sauce that should look orangy/reddy/browny in a another serving bowl all on a tray. Your bowl is empty. Then you spoon in some rice and on one side of the rice you spoon on some of the onion garlic mix, on the other you spoon on some of the curry sauce and so as you eat the rice, you decide how much of what flavours you want. Then you can serve yourself some more rice and more sauces... it reminds me of the way Asians eat- many serving bowls of different interesting stuff.. and you keep serving yourself as you go along.

galianomama

Quote:

Jay
I'm an innie

Jay
I'm an innie

Jay
I'm an innie

galianomama
Quote:

I'm an innie

HA! me too! and, that being said, i am an 'innie' on this one too. i think we will start with the rice that you 'cook' by soaking in water for a day. hmmmm, i bet it does taste good. will give it a try and report back. actually, family will give it a try and then we will see brahhahaha

galianomama
Quote:

I'm an innie

HA! me too! and, that being said, i am an 'innie' on this one too. i think we will start with the rice that you 'cook' by soaking in water for a day. hmmmm, i bet it does taste good. will give it a try and report back. actually, family will give it a try and then we will see brahhahaha

galianomama
Quote:

I'm an innie

Twila
I'm not sure what an "innie" or "outty" means.

My daughter, bf and I enjoy certain meal that would be considered raw.

It's tuna. We cut up lots of veggies, cheeses, multitude of different crackers. You spoon on the amount of tuna, what veggies and what cheeses on whatever cracker you want. It's a lot of prep, but great for movie night. It's healthy. Great with wine. Pluse being a grazer myself, it's perfect for me.

Twila

It's tuna. We cut up lots of veggies, cheeses, multitude of different crackers. You spoon on the amount of tuna, what veggies and what cheeses on whatever cracker you want. It's a lot of prep, but great for movie night. It's healthy. Great with wine. Pluse being a grazer myself, it's perfect for me.

Twila

peapod
Thats sounds yummy twila...galaniomama and I have become buds with the an iranian...grocery...sometimes when we go shopping for goodies there he puts a spread out for us Have you ever tried roasted red pepper spread, yogurt cheese...you have to check out his place when you get over to victoria...corner of quadra and reynolds...tell him peapod and galaniomama sent you... he know our nics :P and he will give you some tastes..

peapod
Thats sounds yummy twila...galaniomama and I have become buds with the an iranian...grocery...sometimes when we go shopping for goodies there he puts a spread out for us Have you ever tried roasted red pepper spread, yogurt cheese...you have to check out his place when you get over to victoria...corner of quadra and reynolds...tell him peapod and galaniomama sent you... he know our nics :P and he will give you some tastes..

peapod

galianomama
Quote:

belly button

hey twila, the tuna would count but it would have to be raw. you could put some lime or lemon on top, that would be great! now you have got me hungry ........

pea - what have i told you about telling everyone about our 'finds'....before you know it, everyone is there, beating down his door and saying what a great place it is. i would rather he have no business except for ours. thank you. very much. now i must go and do my work/chores.

galianomama
Quote:

belly button

hey twila, the tuna would count but it would have to be raw. you could put some lime or lemon on top, that would be great! now you have got me hungry ........

pea - what have i told you about telling everyone about our 'finds'....before you know it, everyone is there, beating down his door and saying what a great place it is. i would rather he have no business except for ours. thank you. very much. now i must go and do my work/chores.

galianomama
Quote:

belly button

peapod
Well twila would appreciate our iranian friend...which reminds me twila check you PM for special invite :P ....chores??????? are saying you actually work in that office
Me to...I gotta go back to work...but really twila this store has awesome thing..he has over 100 varieties of olive oil...and his prices are excellent...I never knew there were so many different kinds of olives...remember on the corner of quadra and mackenzie......

peapod
Well twila would appreciate our iranian friend...which reminds me twila check you PM for special invite :P ....chores??????? are saying you actually work in that office
Me to...I gotta go back to work...but really twila this store has awesome thing..he has over 100 varieties of olive oil...and his prices are excellent...I never knew there were so many different kinds of olives...remember on the corner of quadra and mackenzie......

peapod

Twila
hmmm. first Quadra and Reynolds, now quadra and MacKenzie?

Alright, which one is it? I promise not to let anybody else know......promise!

Twila

Twila