Would you live your life again?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

In The Twilight Zone: The Movie, the last story was about a group of old people in a home who are offered youth again. Almost all of them accept it – but one doesn't, on the grounds that she didn’t want to have to go through the experience of growing up again.

it was be great to be able to return to our lives with the wisdom we have already acquired from it. But isn't that all part of growing up anyway?

But isn’t there also the danger of repeating past "mistakes", on the ground that the lessons learned no longer seemed so relevant in a second lifetime?

Anyway, what would you do if offered the chance?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

In The Twilight Zone: The Movie, the last story was about a group of old people in a home who are offered youth again. Almost all of them accept it – but one doesn't, on the grounds that she didn’t want to have to go through the experience of growing up again.

it was be great to be able to return to our lives with the wisdom we have already acquired from it. But isn't that all part of growing up anyway?

But isn’t there also the danger of repeating past "mistakes", on the ground that the lessons learned no longer seemed so relevant in a second lifetime?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
for me, this decision would depend on a number of factors surrounding the offer. the most important of which would be simply "how old am i when the offer is made?"

if it were tomorrow, i would say no as i haven't yet lived my current life long enough. if it were 40 years from now, i'd most certainly say yes.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
for me, this decision would depend on a number of factors surrounding the offer. the most important of which would be simply "how old am i when the offer is made?"

if it were tomorrow, i would say no as i haven't yet lived my current life long enough. if it were 40 years from now, i'd most certainly say yes.

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
It all depends. Do I live it out exactly as I have the first time around? If so, then forget it. Been there, done that.

However, if things change then it isn't really reliving your life because it would be a whole new life.

The only thing I might regret is the fact that I wouldn't have the same wife and/or children as I did the first time.

As well, there's no guarantee that the second time around might not be worse than the first!!

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
It all depends. Do I live it out exactly as I have the first time around? If so, then forget it. Been there, done that.

However, if things change then it isn't really reliving your life because it would be a whole new life.

The only thing I might regret is the fact that I wouldn't have the same wife and/or children as I did the first time.

As well, there's no guarantee that the second time around might not be worse than the first!!

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I think I'd decline. By ensuring I don't make the same mistakes I'd only increase the likelihood of making entirely new ones.

It would be interesting to relive some experiences, but I like where I am right now.

Mostly. ;)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I think I'd decline. By ensuring I don't make the same mistakes I'd only increase the likelihood of making entirely new ones.

It would be interesting to relive some experiences, but I like where I am right now.

Mostly. ;)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

Mostly. ;)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Would you live your l

I think I'd rather live somebody else's life over. It seems to me that living your own life over would be exceedingly dull because you already know how it goes.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I think I'd rather live somebody else's life over. It seems to me that living your own life over would be exceedingly dull because you already know how it goes.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg