Alright, I will use this thread to include some key details in my trip. Some days were boring and some were just crazy.
Just a quick warning though. This digital camera I have is kind of crappy. The picture quality sucks and the majority of my good pics were lost somehow.
- Nightclubs: Not as good as Montreal or Toronto, but definately a good time. Met lots of cool people there who I'm still in contact with back here in Toronto via email, msn and phone.
- Touristy stuff: I visited the beach in Ft. Lauderdale but didn't end up going there to lay in the sun. Kind of just wanted to check out the rest of the city then. I also checked out a lot of the shops around there. I also went to this megamall with factory outlets called Sawgrass Mills.
- The piers: What can I say? Nice yachts and cool boats.
- In Fort Lauderdale, at around 3am after I left a club, I kind of got lost after I left. Thank god I found a friend who drove me back to my place. If I didn't meet these cool people, I would have never made it back in one peice
Ok, Boca Raton is a really rich area with a high percentage of snobby people. But no need to avoid the area completely as I met some really friendly people. Additionally, my best friend in Florida used to live there.
- Shopping Malls: Probably the only thing to do in Boca. Town Centre mall is really good but on the expensive side.
I stayed in Delray for my entire stay, with the exception of a few nights spent in both downtown Fort Lauderdale and close to Miami.
A view from my balcony.
Note that the white car there actually has Quebec plates. Not atypical in Florida! They were the next door neighbours who liked me after we conversed in French. They seem to hate everyone else.
The beach in Delray. Really nice, but this wasnt a day one wanted to go lay on the beach, thats for tomorrow or the day after.
They charge like 10$ per hour to use those blue chairs.
Delray Beach main strip.
Nothing much to tell about this pic.
Unfortunately, I dont have any pics of South Beach as my camera lost all pictures in it's memory. Damn energizer batteries are supposed to last! Im buying Duracell from now on :P
Nothing special about Miami, really. But I'll post more later