The Coffeeshop

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Do you have a coffeeshop that you visit just about every day? I love the coffeeshop world :D I have always had a coffeeshop world wherever I have lived. I grew up in a small vancouver island community, and one my favorite things to do was go with my father to his coffee shop. One of the first things I learned at a coffeeshop was that a halibut's brain was the size of a pea (not me, a real pea :p ) and thats why it was hard to kill one. I liked the
comradity my father and these people had. There were fishermen, loggers, young and old, my favorites were the eccentrics.

I am a city dweller now, the coffeeshop is modern and all the older board members know its "starbucks" a few blocks from where I live.
I have been going to this coffeeshop for 5 years now. I go everyday, except when I leave the land of the drones and go have a adventure :p

The staff changes perodically, but for the past five years, there is a group including myself that have our round table. I doubt if we would have meet outside our coffeeworld. We don't socialize, except on a rare occasion, outside our daily summit. Yet these people are a part of my everday world, I consider them my friends.

This morning I was paid the highest compliment :lol: :lol:

Someone at the round table was using some rather bad language about steven harper :p someone said, hey watch your language there is a women sitting here. *he looks around* what you talking about?? thats Polly...she is one of the guys :lol: :lol: :lol:
At the coffeeshop all things are equal. :wink:

Do you have a coffeeshop you visit on a regular basis?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Do you have a coffeeshop that you visit just about every day? I love the coffeeshop world :D I have always had a coffeeshop world wherever I have lived. I grew up in a small vancouver island community, and one my favorite things to do was go with my father to his coffee shop. One of the first things I learned at a coffeeshop was that a halibut's brain was the size of a pea (not me, a real pea :p ) and thats why it was hard to kill one. I liked the
comradity my father and these people had. There were fishermen, loggers, young and old, my favorites were the eccentrics.

I am a city dweller now, the coffeeshop is modern and all the older board members know its "starbucks" a few blocks from where I live.
I have been going to this coffeeshop for 5 years now. I go everyday, except when I leave the land of the drones and go have a adventure :p

The staff changes perodically, but for the past five years, there is a group including myself that have our round table. I doubt if we would have meet outside our coffeeworld. We don't socialize, except on a rare occasion, outside our daily summit. Yet these people are a part of my everday world, I consider them my friends.

Someone at the round table was using some rather bad language about steven harper :p someone said, hey watch your language there is a women sitting here. *he looks around* what you talking about?? thats Polly...she is one of the guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
When I worked in Richmond I would stop by the Petro-Can every morning to either fill up on gas or fill up on coffee.

I got to know the morning staff fairly well. They knew my name and I knew their's. We'd talk about our pets and our kids. I've seen them outside of the work environment and still say hello. It was nice.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
When I worked in Richmond I would stop by the Petro-Can every morning to either fill up on gas or fill up on coffee.

I got to know the morning staff fairly well. They knew my name and I knew their's. We'd talk about our pets and our kids. I've seen them outside of the work environment and still say hello. It was nice.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

merryclaire

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2005
hey you!
new coffeeshop friend :)
oops, i don't have smilies yet.
see you sometime this week @ the coffeeshop!

merryclaire

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2005
hey you!

merryclaire

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2005
hey you!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I heard a humor today when I was out and bout that you joined the board...I should starting getting a commission from andem :wink:
Ya...starbucks....see ya there :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I heard a humor today when I was out and bout that you joined the board...I should starting getting a commission from andem :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

BudBuddy

Feb 3, 2005
angelfire.com
When I saw this thread title I assumed this thread had something to do with pot. I always think of Amsterdam when I see the word "Coffeeshop".

The reason Amsterdam pot cafes are called "coffeeshops" is because it is against the law for these places to promote marijuana in any way. So they can't call themselves a "cannabis cafe" or a "bong bar" or anything like that. One place was called "High Noon" and had to get rid of the "high" as it implied marijuana.

BudBuddy

Feb 3, 2005
angelfire.com
When I saw this thread title I assumed this thread had something to do with pot. I always think of Amsterdam when I see the word "Coffeeshop".

The reason Amsterdam pot cafes are called "coffeeshops" is because it is against the law for these places to promote marijuana in any way. So they can't call themselves a "cannabis cafe" or a "bong bar" or anything like that. One place was called "High Noon" and had to get rid of the "high" as it implied marijuana.

BudBuddy

Feb 3, 2005
angelfire.com