Dam the Sock Monster!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay does this happen to everyone! I know I put both my lucky fishing socks in the dryer 8O Now I only have one! I have looked every where for that sock! Are there really sock gnomes? Or were Ren and Stimpy right, and aliens wisked my sock off to a distant planet? I need that sock!!!!!!!!!! otherwise I won't catch any fish :cry:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay does this happen to everyone! I know I put both my lucky fishing socks in the dryer 8O Now I only have one! I have looked every where for that sock! Are there really sock gnomes? Or were Ren and Stimpy right, and aliens wisked my sock off to a distant planet? I need that sock!!!!!!!!!! otherwise I won't catch any fish :cry:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Dam the Sock Monster!

Ask Cosmo's dog. I know my oldest dog has a laundry fetish, especially dirty socks. She likes to build a nest for herself with them, and then growl if another dog or cat comes near.

She's gotten worse since she went senile. The other day she decided she wanted my shirt. The problem is I was still wearing it.

When I'm missing socks I just check in her usual hiding places.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Ask Cosmo's dog. I know my oldest dog has a laundry fetish, especially dirty socks. She likes to build a nest for herself with them, and then growl if another dog or cat comes near.

She's gotten worse since she went senile. The other day she decided she wanted my shirt. The problem is I was still wearing it.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
There is definitely a sock monster- perhaps that is a good idea for the next Monsters inc type film?? We have loads of socks for William but none of them seem to match- yes I know they are only very small socks but still- where do they go???!!! Youy know it's lucky Tescos sell socks for only 75p for two pairs or we might be bankrupt by now!!

What are you fishing for Pea?? Yes everyone I know it's going to be fish but I mean what type.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK
There is definitely a sock monster- perhaps that is a good idea for the next Monsters inc type film?? We have loads of socks for William but none of them seem to match- yes I know they are only very small socks but still- where do they go???!!! Youy know it's lucky Tescos sell socks for only 75p for two pairs or we might be bankrupt by now!!

What are you fishing for Pea?? Yes everyone I know it's going to be fish but I mean what type.

EmmaDibbs

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2004
Bournemouth, UK

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think that Ten Packs little cat stole your sock, Pea. If you look at the bottom of his post you'll see the cat in question stealing a red x.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think that Ten Packs little cat stole your sock, Pea. If you look at the bottom of his post you'll see the cat in question stealing a red x.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well Emma since you asked :p tis the steelhead, the elusive sea run rainbow trout. Even without my lucky sock I still managed to land a 8 pounder...a nice hen :wink: A len tompson lure brings it home to mama every time :wink: Twas a nice silver bullet to...still had the sea lice on it. Dam near spooled my reel :p

One thing about fishing on the stamp river in my home town of port of alberni are my childhood fishing buddies. We still fish together a few times a year. There names are young billy young, and major dave ( names altered slightly to protect the innocent). Now young billy young, had been a fish packer on a boat for alot of years, and he froze all the end of his fingers off, so all he had were stubs...and he still has them....

A few years ago we were fishing the stamp the three of us, and major dave was calling me from down river, I figured he had a really big fish and needed help. So I put my rod down and ran over to help him out....and so did young billy young....well major dave was calling us for help, but he was back at the truck.....as I approached major dave as ashen white, and shaking like a leaf 8O .....as we got closer we could see that major dave had a major problem...he had a hook in his lip.!!!!!!!!
Major dave looked at young billy young....billy young shrugs his shoulders and held up his stubbs 8O :lol: :lol: major looked at me..and with a shrug I reached into my backpack and handed him my plyers, your on your own Dave.......moral of this story is never use your teeth to tighten a knot on a fish hook...you might get caught :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well Emma since you asked :p tis the steelhead, the elusive sea run rainbow trout. Even without my lucky sock I still managed to land a 8 pounder...a nice hen :wink: A len tompson lure brings it home to mama every time :wink: Twas a nice silver bullet to...still had the sea lice on it. Dam near spooled my reel :p

One thing about fishing on the stamp river in my home town of port of alberni are my childhood fishing buddies. We still fish together a few times a year. There names are young billy young, and major dave ( names altered slightly to protect the innocent). Now young billy young, had been a fish packer on a boat for alot of years, and he froze all the end of his fingers off, so all he had were stubs...and he still has them....

A few years ago we were fishing the stamp the three of us, and major dave was calling me from down river, I figured he had a really big fish and needed help. So I put my rod down and ran over to help him out....and so did young billy young....well major dave was calling us for help, but he was back at the truck.....as I approached major dave as ashen white, and shaking like a leaf 8O .....as we got closer we could see that major dave had a major problem...he had a hook in his lip.!!!!!!!!
Major dave looked at young billy young....billy young shrugs his shoulders and held up his stubbs 8O :lol: :lol: major looked at me..and with a shrug I reached into my backpack and handed him my plyers, your on your own Dave.......moral of this story is never use your teeth to tighten a knot on a fish hook...you might get caught :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow