ENOUGH WITH THE negativity...............!

Stretch
That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy.....,the news(several times a day) tv programs(just how many that are on in a week relate to negative stuff, death, crime, personal suffering of some kind).

us dudes passing on the stuff to here, that we find.....yes it's negative.......time we started to look at it positively.....ideas, to this end, would be really cool.....like perhaps..

>>Villagers in terror of victims' ghosts
By Sebastien Berger
(Filed: 15/01/2005)
A plague of ghost sightings has hit the Thai coast, with the restless spirits of tsunami victims said to be wandering the area.
Thais are intensely superstitious and the reports first began to emerge as rumours of fresh tsunamis began to die down.<<
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...5/ixworld.html (external - login to view)
I think these "spirits' where trying to pass on message that dying wasnt the end...there is more to it than just dying.......I reckon it's just the beginning, anyway.......

I used to look after sick, injured and orphaned Australian native critters.....till I came to Canada.
some of the critters I looked after are these.........

my first 4 native critters arrived looking just like these guys...
www.athertontablelands.com/bats/ (external - login to view)

I raised them till they were adults,over 12 months, the released them into the wild....one came back 2 yrs running(they go south where its warmer for 7-8 months) the return up where I was.(Malanda,FNQ, Australia)

My next critter was a Red Legged Pademelon,
I successfuly raised 5 of these little guys, mothers killed by hunters, or dogs, cars........
www.anhs.com.au/pademelo7.htm (external - login to view)

I have a pic back home of one of these www.accommodation-australia.c...l_photos_2.htm (external - login to view)

in my fridge, eating my parsley......she came to me weighing nothing....58grms, I think, no hair and eyes closed and very fragile.......a couple of mls of formula every 30 mins for 24 hrs to 36 hours then progressing out from there @ 30 minute intervals....the 1st 48 hrs is critical for them......even the its touch and go, but she camw back after over 12 months with a bub, amd she took up residence under my roof.....i could call her in at night, and feed her and she would let me take bub out of her puch and have a look....how's that for trust?

there are others if ya interested......just thought I'd toss in some positve stuff for a change

Steve

I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

Stretch
That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy.....,the news(several times a day) tv programs(just how many that are on in a week relate to negative stuff, death, crime, personal suffering of some kind).

us dudes passing on the stuff to here, that we find.....yes it's negative.......time we started to look at it positively.....ideas, to this end, would be really cool.....like perhaps..

By Sebastien Berger
A plague of ghost sightings has hit the Thai coast, with the restless spirits of tsunami victims said to be wandering the area.
Thais are intensely superstitious and the reports first began to emerge as rumours of fresh tsunamis began to die down.<<
I think these "spirits' where trying to pass on message that dying wasnt the end...there is more to it than just dying.......I reckon it's just the beginning, anyway.......

I used to look after sick, injured and orphaned Australian native critters.....till I came to Canada.

I raised them till they were adults,over 12 months, the released them into the wild....one came back 2 yrs running(they go south where its warmer for 7-8 months) the return up where I was.(Malanda,FNQ, Australia)

I successfuly raised 5 of these little guys, mothers killed by hunters, or dogs, cars........

I have a pic back home of one of these www.accommodation-australia.c...l_photos_2.htm (external - login to view)

in my fridge, eating my parsley......she came to me weighing nothing....58grms, I think, no hair and eyes closed and very fragile.......a couple of mls of formula every 30 mins for 24 hrs to 36 hours then progressing out from there @ 30 minute intervals....the 1st 48 hrs is critical for them......even the its touch and go, but she camw back after over 12 months with a bub, amd she took up residence under my roof.....i could call her in at night, and feed her and she would let me take bub out of her puch and have a look....how's that for trust?

there are others if ya interested......just thought I'd toss in some positve stuff for a change

Steve

I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

Stretch

By Sebastien Berger

Steve

peapod
hahahahahahahahahahaha.....

peapod

peapod

Stretch
pea, which "particular" party made ya laff mate...?

Stretch

Stretch

Twila
Quote:

there are others if ya interested....

I'm interested! I'm interested!

Please....more?

Quote:

And you know what? I can reciprocate. Having been a stable girl. Had a couple of pet goats. Had a quite a few pet rats. Multiple cats and dogs. Have a lizard (although he doesn't do anything. Just looks pretty)

Plus I volunteer at a local no kill shelter. Plus.......I am a HUGE animal lover..........

Twila
Quote:

Please....more?

Quote:

And you know what? I can reciprocate. Having been a stable girl. Had a couple of pet goats. Had a quite a few pet rats. Multiple cats and dogs. Have a lizard (although he doesn't do anything. Just looks pretty)

Plus I volunteer at a local no kill shelter. Plus.......I am a HUGE animal lover..........

Twila
Quote:

Please....more?

Quote:

Stretch
LOL JImmy, my 2nd Pademelon, hwas a character....he would usually lay on my lap and watch TV

I'd get up go to bed......about 5 mins later I'd hear clic.. clic.... clic... clic and into the bedromm hed come, from the couch in the family room, into the bedroom..... he would hope up onto the chair beside the bed, and up onto the bed...... I would lay my right arm down and he would bouce up and lay his little head on my arm and go t' sleep..that trust from a wild animal just gives out so much positive energy......

Ya had t' be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Stretch
LOL JImmy, my 2nd Pademelon, hwas a character....he would usually lay on my lap and watch TV

I'd get up go to bed......about 5 mins later I'd hear clic.. clic.... clic... clic and into the bedromm hed come, from the couch in the family room, into the bedroom..... he would hope up onto the chair beside the bed, and up onto the bed...... I would lay my right arm down and he would bouce up and lay his little head on my arm and go t' sleep..that trust from a wild animal just gives out so much positive energy......

Stretch

Stretch
I brewed my own beer from the crystal clear creek that run over 3 waterfalls on the property........

Stretch
I brewed my own beer from the crystal clear creek that run over 3 waterfalls on the property........

Stretch

Twila
Well Stretch. I count myself among the fortunate.

I have 2 animal companions(cats) that were born feral. They were trapped at 4 months of age. Just on the cusp you might say.

They would have nothing to do with me the first few months of their "incarceration".

Chunkey was so tiny and ill when she first arrived that I wasn't given the luxury of waiting for her to come to me (which is my normal approach to wild cats) I was forced to give her medacine twice a day which involved searching for her.

She was locked in my bedroom 24hrs a day. My bed was actually mattesses on the floor. Couldn't have a bedframe because the cats would hide under there and never come out. Some how this little cat was able to find hiding places that defied location.

Once after tearing every drawer out of my dresser (in case she was inside the dresser) removing every thing of the floor of my closet (in case she was inside something) and much frantic searching (no point calling her. She was extremely unfriendly) I found her lying on the shoulders of a couple of sweaters hanging in my closet! Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!

This is how she came by the name Chunkey Monkey. She is now a lap cat. comes when called. Doesn't like other people other then myself.

K. Your turn

Twila

I have 2 animal companions(cats) that were born feral. They were trapped at 4 months of age. Just on the cusp you might say.

They would have nothing to do with me the first few months of their "incarceration".

Chunkey was so tiny and ill when she first arrived that I wasn't given the luxury of waiting for her to come to me (which is my normal approach to wild cats) I was forced to give her medacine twice a day which involved searching for her.

She was locked in my bedroom 24hrs a day. My bed was actually mattesses on the floor. Couldn't have a bedframe because the cats would hide under there and never come out. Some how this little cat was able to find hiding places that defied location.

Once after tearing every drawer out of my dresser (in case she was inside the dresser) removing every thing of the floor of my closet (in case she was inside something) and much frantic searching (no point calling her. She was extremely unfriendly) I found her lying on the shoulders of a couple of sweaters hanging in my closet! Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!

This is how she came by the name Chunkey Monkey. She is now a lap cat. comes when called. Doesn't like other people other then myself.

K. Your turn

Twila

K. Your turn

Matty
I too have two cats. One I got for my son, the other, Jake, moved in here about 5 months ago. We came home from work one day to find him sitting on the doorstep. Sweetest cat in the world, but I would not allow him in the house or my son to feed him as I assumed he had a home to go to. After a week of him sitting on the front step, and looking rather thin, he moved in! We took him to the vet to try and get the tattoo in his ear read, in hopes of finding his owners, but the Vet could not read it as the numbers were just too small. He also has some nasty eye disease which requires very EXPENSIVE surgery to have corrected, so we just keep them clean and under control and he seems fine.
Hes been such a wonderful addition to our home, as hes soooooooooo sweet and such a cuddler. You pick him up and he wraps his paws around your neck, nuzzles his head in and starts a -purring. My other cat was not over happy with the situation at first, and started "acting out" I guess you could say. Had to hide the TP as every day we came home, she would have it spread from one end of the house to the other ..shredded into fine little bits!

Matty
I too have two cats. One I got for my son, the other, Jake, moved in here about 5 months ago. We came home from work one day to find him sitting on the doorstep. Sweetest cat in the world, but I would not allow him in the house or my son to feed him as I assumed he had a home to go to. After a week of him sitting on the front step, and looking rather thin, he moved in! We took him to the vet to try and get the tattoo in his ear read, in hopes of finding his owners, but the Vet could not read it as the numbers were just too small. He also has some nasty eye disease which requires very EXPENSIVE surgery to have corrected, so we just keep them clean and under control and he seems fine.
Hes been such a wonderful addition to our home, as hes soooooooooo sweet and such a cuddler. You pick him up and he wraps his paws around your neck, nuzzles his head in and starts a -purring. My other cat was not over happy with the situation at first, and started "acting out" I guess you could say. Had to hide the TP as every day we came home, she would have it spread from one end of the house to the other ..shredded into fine little bits!

Matty

Twila
Matty. You never choose a cat. We silly humans would like to think so. But we don't. They choose us. We're their pets. not the other way around.

I have had numerous cats in my life time. Not 1 of them was of my choosing. I tried to choose one once. A big beautiful grey tom. He was lovely. I was about 10 or 11 years old. And I'd just stretched up and was reaching for him when I learned one of the biggest lessons of my life........

That lesson was to NEVER EVER under ANY circumstance try to pick up a 10lbs WILD cat while wearing a t-shirt. Ahhhh.. lesson well learned. And the skin grew back on my hands and arms in about 6 months.

The second biggest lesson of my life was that no matter how much experience. confidence. or control I think I have there is no way I'm going to be able to stop a cattle horse from going home if it wants to. I learned this lesson when I was 12. And the palimino I was riding decided she wanted to go home. I was very greatful that she allowed me to stay on her back for the journey. Either wise it would have been a very long walk.

So...Matty.....got pics to share of the cats that own you?

Twila
Matty. You never choose a cat. We silly humans would like to think so. But we don't. They choose us. We're their pets. not the other way around.

I have had numerous cats in my life time. Not 1 of them was of my choosing. I tried to choose one once. A big beautiful grey tom. He was lovely. I was about 10 or 11 years old. And I'd just stretched up and was reaching for him when I learned one of the biggest lessons of my life........

That lesson was to NEVER EVER under ANY circumstance try to pick up a 10lbs WILD cat while wearing a t-shirt. Ahhhh.. lesson well learned. And the skin grew back on my hands and arms in about 6 months.

The second biggest lesson of my life was that no matter how much experience. confidence. or control I think I have there is no way I'm going to be able to stop a cattle horse from going home if it wants to. I learned this lesson when I was 12. And the palimino I was riding decided she wanted to go home. I was very greatful that she allowed me to stay on her back for the journey. Either wise it would have been a very long walk.

Twila

Dexter Sinister
Ah yes. Critters. Aren't they wonderful? No guilt, no guile, just perfectly straightforward "this is who I am." There are two cats here at Fallen Arches, name of Baxter and Gwen. Baxter's a Siamese-Persian cross, a castrated tom who's been declawed (and no, I didn't have that done, his original "owner" did that, an old lady who'd have had him put down when she moved into a care home, but we rescued him), and he's the crankiest sonofabitch bastard cat I've ever met, which makes it fun to tease him. Gwen's a generic spayed female. They're totally selfish, interested only in food, a backscratch, and a warm place to sleep (and who can't identify with that?), but they have the great virtue of being completely consistent. I lie down on my stomach on the bed to read, they'll come and curl up on the back of my legs and sleep. Not because they love me, I'm just Food Guy and that's a warm and comfortable place. They allow me to live in their house with them because I feed them and give them that warm place. I'm sure that if I died in bed and didn't feed them, they'd be eating me in a day or two. But that's okay too, I wouldn't be needing my body at that point anyway.

But they're also completely charming, because they're so totally predictable and honest about their feelings. You always know where you stand with a cat: you serve them. And if you can't tolerate that, don't have cats. What more could you ask?

Personally, I hate cats. Except for the ones I know.

Dexter Sinister
Ah yes. Critters. Aren't they wonderful? No guilt, no guile, just perfectly straightforward "this is who I am." There are two cats here at Fallen Arches, name of Baxter and Gwen. Baxter's a Siamese-Persian cross, a castrated tom who's been declawed (and no, I didn't have that done, his original "owner" did that, an old lady who'd have had him put down when she moved into a care home, but we rescued him), and he's the crankiest sonofabitch bastard cat I've ever met, which makes it fun to tease him. Gwen's a generic spayed female. They're totally selfish, interested only in food, a backscratch, and a warm place to sleep (and who can't identify with that?), but they have the great virtue of being completely consistent. I lie down on my stomach on the bed to read, they'll come and curl up on the back of my legs and sleep. Not because they love me, I'm just Food Guy and that's a warm and comfortable place. They allow me to live in their house with them because I feed them and give them that warm place. I'm sure that if I died in bed and didn't feed them, they'd be eating me in a day or two. But that's okay too, I wouldn't be needing my body at that point anyway.

But they're also completely charming, because they're so totally predictable and honest about their feelings. You always know where you stand with a cat: you serve them. And if you can't tolerate that, don't have cats. What more could you ask?

Dexter Sinister

no new posts