ENOUGH WITH THE negativity...............!

Reverend Blair
I have heard huskies talk, Whicker. It's one of the funniest things ever.

Emma wasn't really mean, but she was a fear biter. It's a very common problem in dogs that have been abused and never really socialized. We got her from the Humane Society so we don't really know what her story was. They found her on the corner of Donald and Portage Ave though.

We think that there was likely a man who beat her and a woman that didn't because she warmed up to my wife right away. I think the door thing is from having a door slammed on her.

whicker
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

We think that there was likely a man who beat her and a woman that didn't because she warmed up to my wife right away. I think the door thing is from having a door slammed on her.

Same thing with Ghost. He is better with me than hubby. The fellow we got Ghost from got him from the pound where he was taken. His then owners moved and left him tied to the garage where he stayed for about a week before anybody realized that something was wrong. I would post a pic of Ghost but in the Q&A I read that it isn't possible to import so it will have to wait. I think he is one of the most striking huskies I have seen - not that I am biased or anything, but he is a good looking dog

Reverend Blair
Does he have separation anxiety too? Our oldest dog (Kari) is always afraid that we're going to abandon her someplace. 15 years, and she's still hung up on that.

Huskies are very nice-looking dogs. I think Huskies and Shepherds pretty much take the cake in the looks department (now I'm gonna get it )

Our prettiest dog (zeke) came from one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen. Her mother was a shepherd/rottie cross. Her father, we guess, was a golden lab or something else big, white and fluffy. There were two white dogs in that litter. The rest were as ugly as the mother.

whicker
Reverend, yes he does have separation anxiety also but not nearly as bad as it was. Over the years he has finally come to realize that there will someone in the house at some time, all the time. My daughter lives with us and instead of baby sitting, she Ghost sits We would take him with us but it is harder on his nerves than staying home and his fur does make for quite a mess.
I think Shepherds are a sharp looking dog also. I particularly like the black Shepherd. I don't think there is a dog that comes close to the Irish Settler for beauty tho - the Red is particularly nice.
I think the ugliest dogs are in the bull dog class. Did you ever see Turner and Hooch? What an ugly dog

no new posts