ENOUGH WITH THE negativity...............!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy.....,the news(several times a day) tv programs(just how many that are on in a week relate to negative stuff, death, crime, personal suffering of some kind).

us dudes passing on the stuff to here, that we find.....yes it's negative.......time we started to look at it positively.....ideas, to this end, would be really cool.....like perhaps..

>>Villagers in terror of victims' ghosts
By Sebastien Berger
(Filed: 15/01/2005)
A plague of ghost sightings has hit the Thai coast, with the restless spirits of tsunami victims said to be wandering the area.
Thais are intensely superstitious and the reports first began to emerge as rumours of fresh tsunamis began to die down.<<
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...n215.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/01/15/ixworld.html
I think these "spirits' where trying to pass on message that dying wasnt the end...there is more to it than just dying.......I reckon it's just the beginning, anyway....... ;-)

I used to look after sick, injured and orphaned Australian native critters.....till I came to Canada.
some of the critters I looked after are these.........

my first 4 native critters arrived looking just like these guys...
http://www.athertontablelands.com/bats/

I raised them till they were adults,over 12 months, the released them into the wild....one came back 2 yrs running(they go south where its warmer for 7-8 months) the return up where I was.(Malanda,FNQ, Australia)

My next critter was a Red Legged Pademelon,
I successfuly raised 5 of these little guys, mothers killed by hunters, or dogs, cars........:-(
http://www.anhs.com.au/pademelo7.htm

I have a pic back home of one of these http://www.accommodation-australia.com/brushtail_photos_2.htm

in my fridge, eating my parsley......she came to me weighing nothing....58grms, I think, no hair and eyes closed and very fragile.......a couple of mls of formula every 30 mins for 24 hrs to 36 hours then progressing out from there @ 30 minute intervals....the 1st 48 hrs is critical for them......even the its touch and go, but she camw back after over 12 months with a bub, amd she took up residence under my roof.....i could call her in at night, and feed her and she would let me take bub out of her puch and have a look....how's that for trust?

there are others if ya interested......just thought I'd toss in some positve stuff for a change :)

Steve

I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy.....,the news(several times a day) tv programs(just how many that are on in a week relate to negative stuff, death, crime, personal suffering of some kind).

us dudes passing on the stuff to here, that we find.....yes it's negative.......time we started to look at it positively.....ideas, to this end, would be really cool.....like perhaps..

By Sebastien Berger
A plague of ghost sightings has hit the Thai coast, with the restless spirits of tsunami victims said to be wandering the area.
Thais are intensely superstitious and the reports first began to emerge as rumours of fresh tsunamis began to die down.<<
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...n215.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/01/15/ixworld.html
I think these "spirits' where trying to pass on message that dying wasnt the end...there is more to it than just dying.......I reckon it's just the beginning, anyway....... ;-)

I used to look after sick, injured and orphaned Australian native critters.....till I came to Canada.

I raised them till they were adults,over 12 months, the released them into the wild....one came back 2 yrs running(they go south where its warmer for 7-8 months) the return up where I was.(Malanda,FNQ, Australia)

I successfuly raised 5 of these little guys, mothers killed by hunters, or dogs, cars........:-(

I have a pic back home of one of these http://www.accommodation-australia.com/brushtail_photos_2.htm

in my fridge, eating my parsley......she came to me weighing nothing....58grms, I think, no hair and eyes closed and very fragile.......a couple of mls of formula every 30 mins for 24 hrs to 36 hours then progressing out from there @ 30 minute intervals....the 1st 48 hrs is critical for them......even the its touch and go, but she camw back after over 12 months with a bub, amd she took up residence under my roof.....i could call her in at night, and feed her and she would let me take bub out of her puch and have a look....how's that for trust?

there are others if ya interested......just thought I'd toss in some positve stuff for a change :)

Steve

I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia

By Sebastien Berger

Steve

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
there are others if ya interested....

I'm interested! I'm interested!

Please....more?

And you know what? I can reciprocate. Having been a stable girl. Had a couple of pet goats. Had a quite a few pet rats. Multiple cats and dogs. Have a lizard (although he doesn't do anything. Just looks pretty)

Plus I volunteer at a local no kill shelter. Plus.......I am a HUGE animal lover..........

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Please....more?

And you know what? I can reciprocate. Having been a stable girl. Had a couple of pet goats. Had a quite a few pet rats. Multiple cats and dogs. Have a lizard (although he doesn't do anything. Just looks pretty)

Plus I volunteer at a local no kill shelter. Plus.......I am a HUGE animal lover..........

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Please....more?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
LOL JImmy, my 2nd Pademelon, hwas a character....he would usually lay on my lap and watch TV

I'd get up go to bed......about 5 mins later I'd hear clic.. clic.... clic... clic and into the bedromm hed come, from the couch in the family room, into the bedroom..... he would hope up onto the chair beside the bed, and up onto the bed...... I would lay my right arm down and he would bouce up and lay his little head on my arm and go t' sleep..that trust from a wild animal just gives out so much positive energy......

Ya had t' be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
LOL JImmy, my 2nd Pademelon, hwas a character....he would usually lay on my lap and watch TV

I'd get up go to bed......about 5 mins later I'd hear clic.. clic.... clic... clic and into the bedromm hed come, from the couch in the family room, into the bedroom..... he would hope up onto the chair beside the bed, and up onto the bed...... I would lay my right arm down and he would bouce up and lay his little head on my arm and go t' sleep..that trust from a wild animal just gives out so much positive energy......

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well Stretch. I count myself among the fortunate.

I have 2 animal companions(cats) that were born feral. They were trapped at 4 months of age. Just on the cusp you might say.

They would have nothing to do with me the first few months of their "incarceration".

Chunkey was so tiny and ill when she first arrived that I wasn't given the luxury of waiting for her to come to me (which is my normal approach to wild cats) I was forced to give her medacine twice a day which involved searching for her.

She was locked in my bedroom 24hrs a day. My bed was actually mattesses on the floor. Couldn't have a bedframe because the cats would hide under there and never come out. Some how this little cat was able to find hiding places that defied location.

Once after tearing every drawer out of my dresser (in case she was inside the dresser) removing every thing of the floor of my closet (in case she was inside something) and much frantic searching (no point calling her. She was extremely unfriendly) I found her lying on the shoulders of a couple of sweaters hanging in my closet! Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!

This is how she came by the name Chunkey Monkey. She is now a lap cat. comes when called. Doesn't like other people other then myself.

K. Your turn

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Well Stretch. I count myself among the fortunate.

I have 2 animal companions(cats) that were born feral. They were trapped at 4 months of age. Just on the cusp you might say.

They would have nothing to do with me the first few months of their "incarceration".

Chunkey was so tiny and ill when she first arrived that I wasn't given the luxury of waiting for her to come to me (which is my normal approach to wild cats) I was forced to give her medacine twice a day which involved searching for her.

She was locked in my bedroom 24hrs a day. My bed was actually mattesses on the floor. Couldn't have a bedframe because the cats would hide under there and never come out. Some how this little cat was able to find hiding places that defied location.

Once after tearing every drawer out of my dresser (in case she was inside the dresser) removing every thing of the floor of my closet (in case she was inside something) and much frantic searching (no point calling her. She was extremely unfriendly) I found her lying on the shoulders of a couple of sweaters hanging in my closet! Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!

This is how she came by the name Chunkey Monkey. She is now a lap cat. comes when called. Doesn't like other people other then myself.

K. Your turn