ENOUGH WITH THE negativity...............!

peapod
Stretch have you ever heard that there was a tiger line in tasmania? Extinct now..I was reading about it the other day.

peapod
Stretch have you ever heard that there was a tiger line in tasmania? Extinct now..I was reading about it the other day.

peapod

Twila
I've heard ot the tasmanian tiger.

the last one in captivity was thought to be a male and turned out to be a female. She died alone.

some of Australia believes there are some hidden away in the forests still. The some seem quite happy not to have to work so hard to keep their flock safe.

Poor poor tiger.

Twila

the last one in captivity was thought to be a male and turned out to be a female. She died alone.

some of Australia believes there are some hidden away in the forests still. The some seem quite happy not to have to work so hard to keep their flock safe.

Poor poor tiger.

Twila

Poor poor tiger.

peapod
I googled it twila this is good link...its beautiful, to bad there are none left

www.tased.edu.au/tot/fauna/tiger.html (external - login to view)

peapod
I googled it twila this is good link...its beautiful, to bad there are none left

peapod

Stretch
yes the Thylacine....they arent actually exit, myself and 2 other people saw one an a sheep station in South Australia near a place called Apsley
fastest thing I have ever seen

There have been many reported sightings of it.....actually, a National Geographic film crew had been to this sheep station in the hope of filming one

au.search.anzwers.yahoo.com/s...Z..5SkHwABAA@@ (external - login to view)

Stretch
yes the Thylacine....they arent actually exit, myself and 2 other people saw one an a sheep station in South Australia near a place called Apsley

There have been many reported sightings of it.....actually, a National Geographic film crew had been to this sheep station in the hope of filming one

Stretch

Stretch

Stretch

Stretch

Twila
We need more stories Stretch.....we are being sucked into the negativity void..... help us.....post a story and or a picture....quick.....before all is lost..............

Twila
We need more stories Stretch.....we are being sucked into the negativity void..... help us.....post a story and or a picture....quick.....before all is lost..............

Twila

peapod
Your stories are great stretch...l am with twila lets here more...tell us about the dingos.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle-ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the negativity zone :P

peapod
Your stories are great stretch...l am with twila lets here more...tell us about the dingos.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle-ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call the negativity zone :P

peapod

merryclaire
very cool, pea.

and twila, every once in a while, i remember how you mentioned in one of these threads, that you had lived by a real fearie grove. that caught my attention.

what an image. a fearie grove.
i hope i find a fearie grove one day.

merryclaire
very cool, pea.

and twila, every once in a while, i remember how you mentioned in one of these threads, that you had lived by a real fearie grove. that caught my attention.

merryclaire
very cool, pea.

whicker
A newbie here but I have an animal story too. We have a registered Siberian husky. Got him 8 yrs ago now from a fellow that wanted to hang onto him but couldn't. Ghost or Spook or Spincycle as he is variously called was an abused dog and to this day trusts no one completely. He was starved, beaten and abandoned and I think remembers quite well what has been done to him. When we got him he would lay quiet as death and if anyone made a sudden move he would go to 'his' cornor and pee, if there was a knock on the door he would go to his cornor and pee and if someone came in he would go to his cornor and pee. For the first few weeks I would sit on the floor and hold him, mostly with strength, but holding he got. We moved to a new house shortly after which didn't help but our other dog was a big help in calming him. We were his fifth owners in two years and to see him now you wouldn't know he was the same dog tho he is still nervous. Previous to coming to us he was an outdoor dog. To me a dog is part of the family and so he has now become our resident couch potato, in competition with hubby and me and what a mooch. He has blue eyes and they just don't cut it the same as the big soulful brown eyes our other dog had. Nick was a splab or Black Lab/Spaniel cross and the dog of my heart. That was the one thing Nick taught him well Ghost has now gotten so that he is more comfortable around others and who knows, maybe before another 8 years pass he may actually get to relax.

Reverend Blair
I dunno...we've had Emma for eight or ten years and she still won't go through a half-closed door or use the dog door, Whicker. They never really get over some things.

She doesn't bite you for petting her anymore though, and she'll actually play with the other dogs.

One other odd thing...she growls when she's happy.

peapod
Thank goodness for people like you whicker, you renew some faith in human beings Welcome to the board. I hope to stick around and tell us more Stories.

Side note...Stretch the other night on the discovery channel, it was about the tiger...and how they had the last fetus and were going to try and see if they could clone one...but the samples were to degraded.

whicker
Reverend, now that you mention it Ghost doesn't like going through doors either tho now he doesn't scoot as badly as he used to. It is amazing to me that his temperament is as good as it is - not a mean bone to be found. Not saying Emma is mean but some dogs that have been mistreated turn bad in spite of their best intentions. Ghost has got to be one of the quietest dogs I have ever heard tho he will occasionally talk for food when you are eating. The first time he talked he crouched like he was expecting to be hit but now he has come to realize that we actually want him to speak. Have you ever heard a husky talk?

whicker
peapod, thanks and I hope to be around for awhile.

Stretch
I was sitting on my veranda one day..... a little Eastern Grey female joey Kangaroo, Lilli, was out on the front lawn under a figtree dozing......my son Matts 3 month old kitten, Shadow was wandering across the front lawn when Lilli spotted her and stood up "huffing" which is a warning type noise they make, well Shadow decided it was game time and siddled upto Lilli with all his fur fluffed up, ignoring her warning sounds.......
Lilli decided he was close enough and jumped around and grabbed Shadow in her front paws and proceeded to hold him down on the ground and jump up and down on him about 5 times before he managed to escape.....I wish i had my video camera handy...would've won funniest home videos easily.
Shadow took off looking somewhat disheveled and wondering what the hell had just happened....he had just been beaten up by the biggest mouse he had ever seen...LOL

teachit.acreekps.vic.edu.au/a...eykangaroo.htm (external - login to view)

no new posts