ENOUGH WITH THE negativity...............!

Dexter Sinister
p.s. If I'd been castrated and had my fingernails pulled out, I think I'd be a pretty cranky sonofabitch bastard too...

Dexter Sinister
p.s. If I'd been castrated and had my fingernails pulled out, I think I'd be a pretty cranky sonofabitch bastard too...

Dexter Sinister

peapod
Sorry stretch, I ment changing the topic was funny, guess that came out wrong, I love bats, I watched them all summer in the garden at dusk...and they do it all blind

peapod
Sorry stretch, I ment changing the topic was funny, guess that came out wrong, I love bats, I watched them all summer in the garden at dusk...and they do it all blind

peapod

Twila
Quote:

I've heard that having a cats nails removed is the equivelant of having your fingers cut off at the knuckle. So I imagine that poor old tom suffers from phantom pains and arthiritis in his toes. Poor guy.

I had a cranky cat too. Butch. Lived outside for 8 years. He would swat me walking by, swat me while I pet him, swat me because he could. He doesn't do that now. He lives on my couch and at my fireplace hearth. He doesn't do anything bad now. He's become quite the little cuddle bug really. Well maybe that's stretching it. He allows me to cuddle him. He purrs for me. Best of all, he allows me to cover him with a blanket. He has no desire to go outside anymore.

Twila
Quote:

I've heard that having a cats nails removed is the equivelant of having your fingers cut off at the knuckle. So I imagine that poor old tom suffers from phantom pains and arthiritis in his toes. Poor guy.

I had a cranky cat too. Butch. Lived outside for 8 years. He would swat me walking by, swat me while I pet him, swat me because he could. He doesn't do that now. He lives on my couch and at my fireplace hearth. He doesn't do anything bad now. He's become quite the little cuddle bug really. Well maybe that's stretching it. He allows me to cuddle him. He purrs for me. Best of all, he allows me to cover him with a blanket. He has no desire to go outside anymore.

Twila
Quote:

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Yes indeed, the poor guy. He won't let anyone touch his paws, he hisses and bites if you try, so they're obviously sensitive. I would never declaw a cat, I think it's cruel and it leaves them defenseless. We can't let him outside except on a tether, and only when we're outside with him, because he seems to hate every other cat in the neighborhood (and they wander freely through our yard), and he's a scrapper, like most toms. But he doesn't understand that he doesn't have claws and can't protect himself, so we have to protect him from his instincts.

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Yes indeed, the poor guy. He won't let anyone touch his paws, he hisses and bites if you try, so they're obviously sensitive. I would never declaw a cat, I think it's cruel and it leaves them defenseless. We can't let him outside except on a tether, and only when we're outside with him, because he seems to hate every other cat in the neighborhood (and they wander freely through our yard), and he's a scrapper, like most toms. But he doesn't understand that he doesn't have claws and can't protect himself, so we have to protect him from his instincts.

Dexter Sinister
Quote:

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch

That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy...
I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

Stretch ... good on ya for bringing this up!!!

I've been hanging at this forum for a while, have met some wonderful forum folk both online and in person and thoroughly enjoy the community here. But lately I've found myself hanging out a lot more at my "other" forum (Jack Russell one) because I'd rather see silly pix of dogs in costumes, new born puppies, hear about natural canine care and share some laughs at the antics of our fur kids.

I'm not nearly as smart as most of the folk who hang here. I'm no political brainiac, not well enough read, don't follow all the issues. I'm a pretty basic chick: Discrimination = Bad; Dishonesty = Bad; Censorship = Bad; Responsible Politicians (oxymoron?) = Good; Jokes = Good; Intelligent Debate = Good. I'm an unapologetic leftist with no sense of decorum or political correctness. Beyond that, I just ain't that deep.

To tell the truth, I rarely go to any of the forum "rooms" here other than the Lounge or Community Centre. I'm more interested in the people and their own ideas than I am in all the political stuff. I'd rather know about your pet or your favourite colour than your politics. Ya, I know, Bush is bad. Been said already. *yawn*

Whew... time to hop off that soap box! Gotta excuse me ... I'm still mainlining my first cup of coffee.

Anyway, your Red Legged Pademelon is about the cutest critter I've ever seen -- next to my Jack Russell, of course! You rescue all these animals? How cool! Love the Bushtail Possum and the bats, too. (Although the bat picture kinda reminds me of that creepy singing mice thing the Quizno sub people used on their ads over here!)

I'd love to hear more about your critter rescues!!

Cosmo

That's why we're in the state we're in.......an almost constant barrage of negative energy...
I have some great stories of all the critters that I have had the privilage of knowing....

I've been hanging at this forum for a while, have met some wonderful forum folk both online and in person and thoroughly enjoy the community here. But lately I've found myself hanging out a lot more at my "other" forum (Jack Russell one) because I'd rather see silly pix of dogs in costumes, new born puppies, hear about natural canine care and share some laughs at the antics of our fur kids.

I'm not nearly as smart as most of the folk who hang here. I'm no political brainiac, not well enough read, don't follow all the issues. I'm a pretty basic chick: Discrimination = Bad; Dishonesty = Bad; Censorship = Bad; Responsible Politicians (oxymoron?) = Good; Jokes = Good; Intelligent Debate = Good. I'm an unapologetic leftist with no sense of decorum or political correctness. Beyond that, I just ain't that deep.

To tell the truth, I rarely go to any of the forum "rooms" here other than the Lounge or Community Centre. I'm more interested in the people and their own ideas than I am in all the political stuff. I'd rather know about your pet or your favourite colour than your politics. Ya, I know, Bush is bad. Been said already. *yawn*

Whew... time to hop off that soap box! Gotta excuse me ... I'm still mainlining my first cup of coffee.

Anyway, your Red Legged Pademelon is about the cutest critter I've ever seen -- next to my Jack Russell, of course! You rescue all these animals? How cool! Love the Bushtail Possum and the bats, too. (Although the bat picture kinda reminds me of that creepy singing mice thing the Quizno sub people used on their ads over here!)

Cosmo

Twila
Quote:

because he seems to hate every other cat in the neighborhood (and they wander freely through our yard), and he's a scrapper, like most toms. But he doesn't understand that he doesn't have claws and can't protect himself, so we have to protect him from his instincts.

I bet it's not that he hates all other cats, but that he is fully aware of his limitations and feels the need to "strike first".

It's like the small dog complex. A little chihuahua going after the big bad rottie. The little dog knows he's little and if he can cause the other dog to think twice before attacking by being as aggressive and nasty as any large dog, then he's won the battle without having to fight.

Chunkey (my little grey cat) loves to go outside. She's only allowed out on a leash. She loves it. She waits for you to put on the halter. She's come across 1 strange cat in all our times outside. Her response to a strange cat was to go absolutely balistic! She was like a little pit fighter! In the house with the other 2 cats she wouldn't dream of acting that way. Course if she did Butch would take her out! lol

Cosmo, you have a jack terror....er...terrier? Got any pics to share? I love terriers. Smart, stubborn, funny as hell little creatures (sometimes big creatures!)

Twila
Quote:

because he seems to hate every other cat in the neighborhood (and they wander freely through our yard), and he's a scrapper, like most toms. But he doesn't understand that he doesn't have claws and can't protect himself, so we have to protect him from his instincts.

I bet it's not that he hates all other cats, but that he is fully aware of his limitations and feels the need to "strike first".

It's like the small dog complex. A little chihuahua going after the big bad rottie. The little dog knows he's little and if he can cause the other dog to think twice before attacking by being as aggressive and nasty as any large dog, then he's won the battle without having to fight.

Chunkey (my little grey cat) loves to go outside. She's only allowed out on a leash. She loves it. She waits for you to put on the halter. She's come across 1 strange cat in all our times outside. Her response to a strange cat was to go absolutely balistic! She was like a little pit fighter! In the house with the other 2 cats she wouldn't dream of acting that way. Course if she did Butch would take her out! lol

Cosmo, you have a jack terror....er...terrier? Got any pics to share? I love terriers. Smart, stubborn, funny as hell little creatures (sometimes big creatures!)

Twila
Quote:

peapod
Twila that is comos dog in her avatar, what happened to your avatar its shrinking

peapod
Twila that is comos dog in her avatar, what happened to your avatar its shrinking

peapod

Twila
Really? That dog looks more like a dashund. Must be the "close up" aspect.

I was concerned that Bana's fierceness might be disturbing to some viewers. So I "shrunk" her to a more manageable size.

Actually I was just messing around with it. I have no idea what I've done! lol

Twila

I was concerned that Bana's fierceness might be disturbing to some viewers. So I "shrunk" her to a more manageable size.

Twila

Stretch
Twilla said >>Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!<< LOL yep they can sure do that....My last cat was a Persian, I thought I knew all there was to know about cats. She was great.... a bitch, but a great one lol........she was the onlything the bats would land on when they were learning to fly......should would sleep on the back of the couch. About 12 ft away was the "framework" the bats were raised on...., basically.
When Suzie(the cat) heard the "woomp womp womp' of the bats as they were learning to fly, her eyes would fly open..and look around for where the sound came from........she soon became acustomed to them landing on her not long after she heard the "womp womp womp" she was very tolerant of all the animals I nursed...I have pics of the cat and "Leroy" the Wallaby drinking from the same saucer.

I received a phone call from a lady one day asking me if I had a tame Wallaby.... I answered, "no, why"?
She said she was on the phone, sitting in a chair, in the family room, when a Wallaby bounced in thru the sliding door from outside, jumped up on the bench and then into her lap.....,..........

I asked her what it looked like
and when she said he had a bit of fur missing from its right shoulder, I said, thats Jimmy! A Red Legged Pademelon

www.anhs.com.au/pademelo7.htm (external - login to view)

found him in his dead mums pouch at the end of my driveway......he had no hair, eyes shut, and VERY cold...his mum had been dead for a few hours, but it was a cold night also, which made it bad for him.....but, being a fighter, he made it and taught me so much about macropods.....I cried when I released him back into the bush......actually, the lady called again after I had released him a second time, and said that he was back there,,,so he had obviously established his area, as they are very territorial.......

Stretch
Twilla said >>Not only can the little creature hide in a nearly empty room she can float too!<< LOL yep they can sure do that....My last cat was a Persian, I thought I knew all there was to know about cats. She was great.... a bitch, but a great one lol........she was the onlything the bats would land on when they were learning to fly......should would sleep on the back of the couch. About 12 ft away was the "framework" the bats were raised on...., basically.
When Suzie(the cat) heard the "woomp womp womp' of the bats as they were learning to fly, her eyes would fly open..and look around for where the sound came from........she soon became acustomed to them landing on her not long after she heard the "womp womp womp" she was very tolerant of all the animals I nursed...I have pics of the cat and "Leroy" the Wallaby drinking from the same saucer.

I received a phone call from a lady one day asking me if I had a tame Wallaby.... I answered, "no, why"?
She said she was on the phone, sitting in a chair, in the family room, when a Wallaby bounced in thru the sliding door from outside, jumped up on the bench and then into her lap.....,..........

and when she said he had a bit of fur missing from its right shoulder, I said, thats Jimmy! A Red Legged Pademelon

found him in his dead mums pouch at the end of my driveway......he had no hair, eyes shut, and VERY cold...his mum had been dead for a few hours, but it was a cold night also, which made it bad for him.....but, being a fighter, he made it and taught me so much about macropods.....I cried when I released him back into the bush......actually, the lady called again after I had released him a second time, and said that he was back there,,,so he had obviously established his area, as they are very territorial.......

Stretch

Stretch
I forgot to mention.....he can hear a potato cisp packet open from a 1000mts and smell red wine from.... damn near the same distance!

Stretch
I forgot to mention.....he can hear a potato cisp packet open from a 1000mts and smell red wine from.... damn near the same distance!

Stretch

no new posts