Why do you marry?


ice water
#1
Is it a big question?
 
ice water
#2
Is it a big question?
 
ice water
#3
Is it a big question?
 
Ten Packs
#4
No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....
 
Ten Packs
#5
No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....
 
Ten Packs
#6
No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....
 
missile
#7
Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..
 
missile
#8
Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..
 
missile
#9
Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..
 
ice water
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.
 
ice water
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.
 
ice water
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.
 
ice water
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.
 
ice water
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.
 
ice water
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.
 
fubbleskag
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

:lol: ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun
 
fubbleskag
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

:lol: ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun
 
fubbleskag
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

:lol: ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun
 
no1important
#19
for steady sex and to have kids.

Love. Companionship. Also because we are brainwashed from birth we have to get married. Plus I hate being alone.
 
no1important
#20
for steady sex and to have kids.

Love. Companionship. Also because we are brainwashed from birth we have to get married. Plus I hate being alone.
 
no1important
#21
for steady sex and to have kids.

Love. Companionship. Also because we are brainwashed from birth we have to get married. Plus I hate being alone.
 
Ten Packs
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.


That's where the part about remembering WHY you got married comes in, icewater..... if you forget that, you're on your way to trouble.
 
Ten Packs
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.


That's where the part about remembering WHY you got married comes in, icewater..... if you forget that, you're on your way to trouble.
 
Ten Packs
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by Ten Packs

No, it's just a foolish question....


You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.




And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.


That's where the part about remembering WHY you got married comes in, icewater..... if you forget that, you're on your way to trouble.
 
ice water
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun

same in China, although no shotgun.
 
ice water
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun

same in China, although no shotgun.
 
ice water
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by fubbleskag

Quote: Originally Posted by ice water

Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun

same in China, although no shotgun.
 
Ten Packs
#28
nun-chakus???
 
Ten Packs
#29
nun-chakus???
 
Ten Packs
#30
nun-chakus???
 

Similar Threads

250
More the Marry in Bountiful, BC
by Spade | Oct 2nd, 2009
10
Marry Old England? Not Today!
by Spade | Feb 15th, 2009
5
Couple, 33 and 104, reportedly marry
by I think not | May 3rd, 2006
no new posts