Why do you marry?

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
No, it's just a foolish question....

You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.

And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

You marry because there is no one you would rather be with, no one else you would prefer to DO for, no one you would trust more to do for YOU. No one you would help more, no one you would rather teach AND learn from, no one you would like to laugh with, cry with, worry with, and face Life's battles beside - see grey hair, aching joints, sagging figures, slower movement and increasingly earlier bed-times with.
And through it all, you still remember WHY, all those years ago..... it was a good idea.

And THAT, my friend, is from a "first-timer" who will celebrate 33 years, this July 24 .....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

ice water

Jan 14, 2005
Re: RE: Why do you marry?

Ten Packs said:

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.

ice water

Jan 14, 2005

Ten Packs said:

Maybe, or maybe you say so because you and your friend have happy marriage. What about if some people have unhappy marriage? Or it was happy but then turned out to be unhappy ... one of my friends has this problem - they quarrel nearly every day.

ice water

Jan 14, 2005

Ten Packs said:

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com

ice water said:
missile said:
Had no choice,as her Dad had the old shotgun ready..

:lol: ha ha ... although I don't know clearly what you mean.
referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com

ice water said:
missile said:

referring to a "shotgun" wedding - when the young couple gets pregnant before marriage and the father of the bride-to-be oversees a hasty marriage (to preserve the family honour) with a shotgun

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com

ice water said:
missile said: