Why do you marry?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyC

True... need a man to muck around in the cold rain water to make sure the sump pump is set up right.

Just in case I mis-led anyone... I don't change my own oil. I take it to the gas station where one of the nice young lads does it for me.

ahhhh.... a cougar are ya?

gerryh

True... need a man to muck around in the cold rain water to make sure the sump pump is set up right.

Just in case I mis-led anyone... I don't change my own oil. I take it to the gas station where one of the nice young lads does it for me.

gerryh

peapod
So thats why she always orders pirate paks :P

peapod

peapod

LadyC
When the regular meals come with the chocolate coin I'll quit ordering Pirate Packs.

I love the stickers, too

LadyC
When the regular meals come with the chocolate coin I'll quit ordering Pirate Packs.

I love the stickers, too

LadyC

I love the stickers, too

peapod
who gets the choclate coin??? boy toy

peapod

peapod

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

If you marry somebody and expect it to last a lifetime, you have to be friends first. If you're not, when trouble comes, and it surely will, you won't care enough about each other to see it through. If lovers is all you are, you lose, I guarantee you won't make it past five years. You can't be madly in love all the time, it takes too much energy, friendship is what will carry you over the rough spots and keep you together. And the best thing about that is, if you're friends you can fall in love all over again, repeatedly, for as long as you live. There will be fabulous highs, and devastating lows. I married my lovely wife in 1980, and I've fallen in love with her all over again at least a dozen times since. And I've also hated her at least a dozen times since. But she was my friend, so I stayed.

Dex ... Exactly. What an eloquent way to put it!

Cosmo

If you marry somebody and expect it to last a lifetime, you have to be friends first. If you're not, when trouble comes, and it surely will, you won't care enough about each other to see it through. If lovers is all you are, you lose, I guarantee you won't make it past five years. You can't be madly in love all the time, it takes too much energy, friendship is what will carry you over the rough spots and keep you together. And the best thing about that is, if you're friends you can fall in love all over again, repeatedly, for as long as you live. There will be fabulous highs, and devastating lows. I married my lovely wife in 1980, and I've fallen in love with her all over again at least a dozen times since. And I've also hated her at least a dozen times since. But she was my friend, so I stayed.

Cosmo