Why do you marry?

peapod
I like the way you put things ice water, its very refreshing...no pun intended :P

peapod
I like the way you put things ice water, its very refreshing...no pun intended :P

peapod

ice water
Thank you, peapod ... why are you running all the time?

ice water

ice water

peapod
Do you mean in my << avatar or in real life :P

peapod

peapod

ice water

ice water

ice water

galianomama
Quote:

ice water.......that is actually fairly slow for pea in real life time. she is a turbo on legs. difficult to keep up to, believe me!!!

galianomama
Quote:

ice water.......that is actually fairly slow for pea in real life time. she is a turbo on legs. difficult to keep up to, believe me!!!

galianomama
Quote:

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

for steady sex...

Anybody who thinks getting married means steady sex obviously hasn't been around the block. If frequency is all you're interested in, you're probably better off staying single. Unless you're a totally gormless and hideous dork, you can get laid any night of the week, if you're not too fussy.

Well, maybe it depends on what's meant by "steady." I've been married for nigh on to 25 years, and if there's one word I could accurately apply to my sex life, it wouldn't be steady, if it means regular, frequent, and predictable. There have been episodes of twice a night, and episodes of once every two months, with no discernible pattern.

But the key point is, it fundamentally doesn't matter, unless there's no action happening at all. Nobody should be keeping score, and if you are, I suggest you've got some other issues that need to be dealt with. Nobody but a horny adolescent feels like doing it all the time. I'm not so old that I don't remember that, but I'm also old enough to know that frequency has nothing to do with anything that matters.

If you marry somebody and expect it to last a lifetime, you have to be friends first. If you're not, when trouble comes, and it surely will, you won't care enough about each other to see it through. If lovers is all you are, you lose, I guarantee you won't make it past five years. You can't be madly in love all the time, it takes too much energy, friendship is what will carry you over the rough spots and keep you together. And the best thing about that is, if you're friends you can fall in love all over again, repeatedly, for as long as you live. There will be fabulous highs, and devastating lows. I married my lovely wife in 1980, and I've fallen in love with her all over again at least a dozen times since. And I've also hated her at least a dozen times since. But she was my friend, so I stayed.

That's why I married. I met someone, after years of angst and grief and failed relationships, that I admired and respected enough that I didn't ever want to be without her, and she felt the same. Did I just get really lucky? I dunno. Maybe, but I hope not; I'd like to believe it can happen to all of us.

Bottom line: marry your best friend and confidante. Who knows you better and cares about you more? And if you happen to be the same gender...well, whose business is that but yours? Go for it, it seems to be legal in most jurisdictions now. Do what makes you happy.

Happy Dex

Dexter Sinister

for steady sex...

Anybody who thinks getting married means steady sex obviously hasn't been around the block. If frequency is all you're interested in, you're probably better off staying single. Unless you're a totally gormless and hideous dork, you can get laid any night of the week, if you're not too fussy.

Well, maybe it depends on what's meant by "steady." I've been married for nigh on to 25 years, and if there's one word I could accurately apply to my sex life, it wouldn't be steady, if it means regular, frequent, and predictable. There have been episodes of twice a night, and episodes of once every two months, with no discernible pattern.

But the key point is, it fundamentally doesn't matter, unless there's no action happening at all. Nobody should be keeping score, and if you are, I suggest you've got some other issues that need to be dealt with. Nobody but a horny adolescent feels like doing it all the time. I'm not so old that I don't remember that, but I'm also old enough to know that frequency has nothing to do with anything that matters.

If you marry somebody and expect it to last a lifetime, you have to be friends first. If you're not, when trouble comes, and it surely will, you won't care enough about each other to see it through. If lovers is all you are, you lose, I guarantee you won't make it past five years. You can't be madly in love all the time, it takes too much energy, friendship is what will carry you over the rough spots and keep you together. And the best thing about that is, if you're friends you can fall in love all over again, repeatedly, for as long as you live. There will be fabulous highs, and devastating lows. I married my lovely wife in 1980, and I've fallen in love with her all over again at least a dozen times since. And I've also hated her at least a dozen times since. But she was my friend, so I stayed.

That's why I married. I met someone, after years of angst and grief and failed relationships, that I admired and respected enough that I didn't ever want to be without her, and she felt the same. Did I just get really lucky? I dunno. Maybe, but I hope not; I'd like to believe it can happen to all of us.

Bottom line: marry your best friend and confidante. Who knows you better and cares about you more? And if you happen to be the same gender...well, whose business is that but yours? Go for it, it seems to be legal in most jurisdictions now. Do what makes you happy.

Happy Dex

Dexter Sinister

for steady sex...

Happy Dex

macloliu
"Why do you marry?"
That is the God's arrangement.

macloliu
"Why do you marry?"

macloliu
"Why do you marry?"

LadyC
I married for a lot of the reasons given, plus a few more. I was looking for someone to complement me (as opposed to compliment... but that's welcome too!), someone to do the things I can't.

I've been single for a while now, and I really miss some of the little things, like the hugs and cuddles, someone to talk to, the feeling of anticipation when I hear the truck drive in.

Plus it sucks having to check the weird sounds in the middle of the night, catch the icky bugs, take the garbage out, change the oil in my car...

LadyC
I married for a lot of the reasons given, plus a few more. I was looking for someone to complement me (as opposed to compliment... but that's welcome too!), someone to do the things I can't.

I've been single for a while now, and I really miss some of the little things, like the hugs and cuddles, someone to talk to, the feeling of anticipation when I hear the truck drive in.

Plus it sucks having to check the weird sounds in the middle of the night, catch the icky bugs, take the garbage out, change the oil in my car...

LadyC

peapod
LadyC you forgot to mention.....your flooding basement :P

peapod

peapod

LadyC
True... need a man to muck around in the cold rain water to make sure the sump pump is set up right.

Just in case I mis-led anyone... I don't change my own oil. I take it to the gas station where one of the nice young lads does it for me.

LadyC
True... need a man to muck around in the cold rain water to make sure the sump pump is set up right.

Just in case I mis-led anyone... I don't change my own oil. I take it to the gas station where one of the nice young lads does it for me.

LadyC