Most annoying noise at nighttime!

Reverend Blair
I was in Flin Flon once and had to walk by this dumpster. There was a huge raven on it, but figured he'd fly away when I got close. He spread his wings out, but he wasn't interested in flying at all...he was warning me not to get too close.

Reverend Blair
I was in Flin Flon once and had to walk by this dumpster. There was a huge raven on it, but figured he'd fly away when I got close. He spread his wings out, but he wasn't interested in flying at all...he was warning me not to get too close.

missile
In other words-find your own dumpster,eh?

missile

missile

Montana
I lived in the city most of my life and I hear your pain. The police, ambulance sirens along with the car alarms drove me up the wall. I lived in the states at the time, but have since moved back to Canada 4 1/2 years ago, where my roots are. I moved in a rural area in the country and it's heaven. You couldn't pay me enough to go back and live in the city. All that noise was driving me insane, even in the day time.

Montana
I lived in the city most of my life and I hear your pain. The police, ambulance sirens along with the car alarms drove me up the wall. I lived in the states at the time, but have since moved back to Canada 4 1/2 years ago, where my roots are. I moved in a rural area in the country and it's heaven. You couldn't pay me enough to go back and live in the city. All that noise was driving me insane, even in the day time.

Montana

Karen
I hear ya. I love the country.... nothing beats country living.

Where in NB are you? I lived just outside of Fredericton for 7 years.

Karen

Quote: Originally Posted by Montana

Karen

Karen

Karen

Karen

peapod
personally I don't believe there can be that much going on here at night. I suspect just like when I lived in Port Hardy ( remote northen end of island) these people are going for coffee :P In Port Hardy you would be driving along, and all of sudden RCMP sirens blasting would be behind you, of course you pull over to let them wizz by...10 minutes later when you got to the coffee shop..well who is sitting there stuffing their faces with donuts and coffee...the RCMP. :P There was only 4 in town, so you knew it was them that got you to pull over....you know thats where I got my drivers licence (Port Hardy) At the time there were no lights in the town, just stop signs, so when you wanted your drivers licence you had to go out with the RCMP, in your own car for the test. At the time I had one of those super beetles, so off we went. The route was out to the airport and back to the one stop sign in town. So we are driving along....and someone passes me on a double line...ehm...the cop says to me don't lose him, but don't speed either Well where is this person going...except to the airport. Very funny while he was getting out of his vehicle, I pull up in a VW bug and big cop gets out and gives him a ticket...ha ha ha..I got my drivers licence to

You know the crows around here are so smart that they actually bring their nuts to the 4 storey building across the street and drop them off to break them open...I never had a husband that was that smart

peapod
personally I don't believe there can be that much going on here at night. I suspect just like when I lived in Port Hardy ( remote northen end of island) these people are going for coffee :P In Port Hardy you would be driving along, and all of sudden RCMP sirens blasting would be behind you, of course you pull over to let them wizz by...10 minutes later when you got to the coffee shop..well who is sitting there stuffing their faces with donuts and coffee...the RCMP. :P There was only 4 in town, so you knew it was them that got you to pull over....you know thats where I got my drivers licence (Port Hardy) At the time there were no lights in the town, just stop signs, so when you wanted your drivers licence you had to go out with the RCMP, in your own car for the test. At the time I had one of those super beetles, so off we went. The route was out to the airport and back to the one stop sign in town. So we are driving along....and someone passes me on a double line...ehm...the cop says to me don't lose him, but don't speed either Well where is this person going...except to the airport. Very funny while he was getting out of his vehicle, I pull up in a VW bug and big cop gets out and gives him a ticket...ha ha ha..I got my drivers licence to

You know the crows around here are so smart that they actually bring their nuts to the 4 storey building across the street and drop them off to break them open...I never had a husband that was that smart

peapod

Montana
I'm about 30 minutes from Moncton and 45 minutes from P.E.I.

Montana

Montana

Reverend Blair
Quote:

I kind of had my own dumpster...I was staying at the Victoria Inn there.

Quote:

At the time there were no lights in the town, just stop signs, so when you wanted your drivers licence you had to go out with the RCMP, in your own car for the test.

When Dad went for his test the RCMP used to come to town every couple of months to test whatever kids needed licenses. The day the cop was there Dad got in the truck and drove in from the farm...by himself. The cop asked him how long he'd been driving for and he admitted that he'd been driving since he was ten or so. The cop gave him a license. No written test, no road test.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Quote:

At the time there were no lights in the town, just stop signs, so when you wanted your drivers licence you had to go out with the RCMP, in your own car for the test.

When Dad went for his test the RCMP used to come to town every couple of months to test whatever kids needed licenses. The day the cop was there Dad got in the truck and drove in from the farm...by himself. The cop asked him how long he'd been driving for and he admitted that he'd been driving since he was ten or so. The cop gave him a license. No written test, no road test.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Quote:

Twila
I don't notice the noises outside at all!

The only night time noises that disturb me are the ones inside my house.

If my cat is not invited to come to bed he will wonder the house meowing "maGA..maGa" he does not stop until he is invited upstairs to bed.

If he's invited to bed he doesn't make that annoying sound. He instead makes a cooing purring sound. It's very soft and quiet and it means he's looking for the other cats! If you tell him to shut up he will.

One sound I miss at night are the crickets(grass hoppers) in the summer. I have to actually buy crickets now! Can you believe it? Surrey doesn't have crickets. No. Instead we have the dumb *** bluejays who don't know they can't sing. Worse still is they tease my cats! stupid little birds!!!!!!

Twila

If my cat is not invited to come to bed he will wonder the house meowing "maGA..maGa" he does not stop until he is invited upstairs to bed.

If he's invited to bed he doesn't make that annoying sound. He instead makes a cooing purring sound. It's very soft and quiet and it means he's looking for the other cats! If you tell him to shut up he will.

One sound I miss at night are the crickets(grass hoppers) in the summer. I have to actually buy crickets now! Can you believe it? Surrey doesn't have crickets. No. Instead we have the dumb *** bluejays who don't know they can't sing. Worse still is they tease my cats! stupid little birds!!!!!!

Twila

Twila
oops. Double post.

Apprently I REALLY can't stop yakkin! oh well.

Twila
oops. Double post.

Twila
oops. Double post.

Ten Packs
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I suspect just like when I lived in Port Hardy ( remote northen end of island)

Hey Peapod? When did you live there? Did you know a guy that worked at the mine (would be early 50's now) named Dave McKenzie? (He actually lived in Coal Harbour....)

Ten Packs

Hey Peapod? When did you live there? Did you know a guy that worked at the mine (would be early 50's now) named Dave McKenzie? (He actually lived in Coal Harbour....)

Ten Packs

peapod
Hey ten pack, the name does not ring a bell, but I will ask some friends I still have from Port Hardy days, one that lived in coal harbour. I lived in Port hardy in the early 70's my father had a contract with M&B for road building, but it was just after Utah mines opened. The klondike goldrush...I like to think of it, or what it must of been like, to be in the middle of a gold rush. It's unbelievable to be right in the middle of a boom town, Extrodinary.!! Money flows like a river, all of a sudden there are 500 guys to every female in town....ha ha ha ha oh the bull**** they floated around the town was thick as any old Port Hardy fog. Seriously ladies, if you should ever find yourself in the middle of a boom town you will find out exactly whats its like to be say...the last women on the planet :P ..or a big chinook salmon, or a piece of prime rib. It was the land of the midnight sun and miners, well miners are definately a different breed from loggers and fishermen, which is what Port Hardy was before Utah mines. There were three distinct societies in Port Hardy actually 4 if count the native population.

sometimes these distinct societies would have to much beer at the seagate hotel on friday night and the fights became legends.
The place was wild, the people that lived there were right out of twin peaks, combine this with some of the wildest pristine nature and lots of good fishing and you get once in a lifetime experience. I loved Port Hardy and the people that lived there.

Even now every once in awhile I run into somebody that lived in Port Hardy during the goldrush, we all have this weird kind of bond from having experienced the place....But I will ask about your friend ten paks.