How was you happy hum bug dinner????

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
We received our Christmas Dinner invitation from Peapod, chef of world renown who makes everything from scratch, even the cranberry sauce. She did have help from Aupook with the pumpkin pie dessert, but the whores de whores and the fantastic feast that followed were amazing. As was the company. In attendance were:

• An almost priest (not defrocked, just disenchanted) who plays classical music and spent part of the evening entertaining us on the piano.

• A 90-something year old semi-famous psychic

• A 90-something year old female ex-SS-German prison guard

• Aupook, King of the Dwarves who is jealous of the ex-priest because he thinks Peopod is too impressed by his musical talent, his intelligence, his ability to speak Latin but not his beard.

• Ms. Hinderland, travelling hairdresser who is considering a second career as a dominatrix, although she only wears lederhosen

• A retired pharmacist, every party needs one to spike the punch

• Two dykes

• A demented Jack Russell

When we left it looked like the ex-priest was about to begin taking confession in the hall broom closet so we got the hell out before we had to admit our sinful lifestyle, or the fact we allow the Jack Russell to get up on the coffee table with impunity/

All in all, a memorable Christmas dinner. Thanks Peapod! You throw quite a bash! Can't wait for New Years ;)

Matty

Dec 18, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Sounds most interesting :p

My dinner consisted of hiding in the corner watching the "Turkey Wars" rage in the kitchen. See, I go to my X-inlaws for xmas dinner now and again so I can hang with my son, and well, I really like my X-sister in law, so its all good. Seems mom and dad have a habbit of overcooking the turkey to the point that when you try and take it out of the pan, it crumbles into this little pile of turkey sawdust..much much to dry! So this year, daughter decided she was going to make dinner, and mom and pops were forbidden from touching the dam thing :p This, needless to say, did not sit well with pops, who decided the turkey was undercooked and we were all going to get food poisioning and die...So far I feel just fine ;)

God I love Christmas :D

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: Cosmos you make it sound like christmas dinner was a "david Lynch" movie :lol:
The would be priest "quit" he was not defrocked :lol: and believe me he is one of the mosting interesting individuals in the neighbourhood 8) He is a frenchmen, from montreal, in fact I think I will get him to start posting in the french section here :lol:
He lived a life of privilege and turned his back on it all and travelled the world. He has the best stories :D He is musically gifted, in fact this is how she who is me met him, he is a busker of classicial music on the guitar in my neighbourhood, one of his sidelines.

The prision guard did not work for the SS 8O she is of german descent and immigrated to canada after the war. She was a prision guard in germany during the war. This could explain, why she does not seem to like a whole lot of nonsense :p :wink: But she is from where I work and has no family. And hey some of my nonsense does make the matron grin :p

The pshycic is spooky 8O Don't let her touch your hand or anything, than she gets like steven king novel "coma" comes to mind. Who needs to know all this stuff anyway :p :wink:

Yes two token lesbians with a distrubed jack russell is a must at any christmas dinner :p especially one wearing a fur coat 8O 8O

It always good to know a pharmacist, just ask matty :p

Aupook, well lets just say when his girlfriend returns from ottawa. It will be a big relief. :p :wink:

Ms. Hinderland ( a term of endearment) is a 6ft norwegian, a travelling hairdresser around this neighbourhood. Her fasincation with ice water and saunas is over the top, but I have no doubts she can climb any mountain in her Lederhosen. I am not sure if she can yoddel or not :p

And the last guest you missed, the one the only sparky :p a very distrubed individual.

Ya just your usual christmas dinner : :p Now comes the real test...my parents visit to me today 8O I already know what my presents will be the pshcic already told me. From my mother I will recieve a book, 2001 ways to get a man to marry you :p But from my father I will recieve a awesome fishing lure, that hopefully we will get to try out today. :wink:

Hey Matty, my parents live in Nanaimo, I wonder if you have ever dispensed their medications at your pharmacy. Wait I will ask the Physcic :wink:

Hope everyone had a great christmas. Now you get to look at your visa bills :p :wink:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
I had a good Christmas dinner.

My twin and his son and me.
I'm kinda poor, but the meal wasn't too bad. I had to trip through a damn snowstorm on Thursday to get all the stuff to cook.
We each had a 5 dollar steak, mushrooms, instant potatoes, canned peas, fried onions, and some sweet pickles.
Wow ... the steak was pretty tough. I almost had to take my false teeth out and sharpen them. But, for 5 bucks, it wasn't too bad.

I bought a pumpkin pie already made and a container of whipped cream. That was great.

Today, we are going to my youngest brothers daughters place for dinner. (Ham I think.)
She is gonna come and pick us up and drive us back. Thats okay, eh?

Calm

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
peapod said:
:lol: :lol: Cosmos you make it sound like christmas dinner was a "david Lynch" movie :lol:
Exactly. It was delightful.

The pshycic is spooky 8O Don't let her touch your hand or anything, than she gets like steven king novel "coma" comes to mind. Who needs to know all this stuff anyway :p :wink:
Ya ... she's quite an amazing old chick! She did tell us our JR is a very happy little dog, tho. Despite the disturbed tail chasing antics.

Yes two token lesbians with a distrubed jack russell is a must at any christmas dinner :p especially one wearing a fur coat 8O 8O
Actually, there were two of us with a fur coat ... me and the dog. But mine was (ahem) faux fur. No ink, please.

And the last guest you missed, the one the only sparky :p a very distrubed individual.
Ah, yes. But Sparky was busily swilling wine with the ex priest instead of visiting with us in the back room so I forgot to mention her. ;)

Again, Peapod, thank you for a most enjoyable evening. You certainly do have an ecclectic group of friends and we are proud to be counted among them. :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
All in all,the dinner at my daughter's went very well. Most of my family hasn't a lot of money, so the turkey was one donated by the Salvation Army[tasty,tho!]Alex's dad was sober for a change & we all had a pretty good time of it.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Sounds like all had a good christmas dinner!

Since I'm bursting with excitement and have no ability to contain myself I have to announce that we (my family and i) had the BEST christmas dinner of all.

My sister announced that she is pregnant. I'm going to have a little neice or nephew (I can't decide which I want) I could just explode!

Turkey was fine. Had a wonderful spinach and garlic....mush. Very tasty. My sister got up once due to all day sickness (formerly known as morning sickness)

yeppers. It was great. I just wish she'd incubate this kid faster. I can't wait a whole 9 months! It's cruel to even ask me to! sigh.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I forgot to add something....

It would seem that the patriarch of our family has decided the term "bah humbug" should be changed.

He has decided the term should be said like this "ah bumhug" We all voted and the motion was passed.

It is forever to be known within my family as ah bumhug.

(just to keep you all informed)