Natural born leader or bossy?

Fate

Dec 15, 2004
Montreal
Hey everyone. Newb here from MTL.

Is there a difference between being a "natural born leader" or just being a bossy person?

I watch shows like the Apprentice and think that some of those guys are natural born leaders, but when the challenge doesn't go their way then they're bossy.

My 7 year old niece is a good example because she orchestrates little games between her younger siblings, but sometimes when I listen to them play she sounds kinda bossy.

So to ask again, is there a difference between being a natural born leader or being bossy?

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Sure there's a difference. It all depends if I'm describing myself (natural born leader) or someone else(bossy).

Does that help?!?
:D

Actually, the first time I saw the two terms used was in an article about only children. Their parents claimed they were born leaders, everyone else saw them as bossy.

Fate

Dec 15, 2004
Montreal
Yes LacyC, that is the same idea that i have got. I hate the parents that are oh so bossy to the kids and run thier lives into the ground just by wanting control.

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I think it's interconnected. A natural born leader is a dominant person, with no exception. How else can you be a natural born leader, for example when you're shy? But being interconnected doesn't mean it is the same. For example, a natural born leader is someone who is expected to be able of handling certain responsibilities. Someone who is bossy is not automatically responsible. Same goes for confidence. Natural born leaders are, in my eyes, people who are confident of themselves. People who are bossy are on the one hand confident of themselves (else they wouldn't be bossy, eh?), but I think that a lot of them are also insecure about themselves. I do not consider a natural born leader to be insecure. But I could be wrong.

aupook

Nominee Member
Dec 8, 2004
Starbucks
Natural born leaders ensure that even the losers enjoy losing to them. To be dominated by someone whos qualities you admire (natural born leader) is no shame. If its bossy, you just want to go home and leave the posse.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
aupook said:
Natural born leaders ensure that even the losers enjoy losing to them. To be dominated by someone whos qualities you admire (natural born leader) is no shame. If its bossy, you just want to go home and leave the posse.

You're too right aupook! I hate having the bossy people around my 'posse'. We've had some who come in and try to control everything and it never lasts long. The leader is always subtle but always takes a strong stance.

So who's the leader in the Starbucks Gang?? :D