Saturday D---Day

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Okay I am off for a few days, I await the arrival of my cousin, dumbass that he is (affectionally of course). We leave for his cabin at horne lake, where we will get and chop firewood for our so called winters here. He also as a ATV so we will be fishing in places where bait will not even be required :p :wink: Thanks for the offer of a lap top cosmos, but the bush and computers just don't go together in my book :p

Okay ladies Saturday is the day....cosmos galaniomama and I will catch the 7 am ferry over to Vancouver....ya that is right cosmos...7 AM write it down, start sleeping now so you will be caught up by Saturday :p Lady C we will be there by 8:30 and we will go on to meet up with bevvy and do lunch...and if any of you islanders even think of worming out of it..well it won't be pretty :p I will confirm all on Friday!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
SEVEN in the morning? Are you off your little rails, Peapod????? Been smoking the mistletoe again????? Gack. Who heads out for a lunch date at that ungodly hour???? Like, can't we meet her at a civilized hour such as 11 am?? Sheesh ... I should be taking this one over to the whinging room!!

My vote definitely goes toward a more reasonable hour. I realize my usual pace is not suitable but how about 8 ... or even better, 9????

So are you taking all your Starbuck's men with you on your backwoods adventure? All that chopping wood and carrying water is definitely men's work (and not those girlie men, either!). Better take the Gollywogg Jesters along, girl. I'm sure you'd have no trouble bending them to your will and getting them to do the manual labour! ;) You'll be busy catching me a nice trout, if I recall your promise.

Ok ... Saturday. I am in, whatever the hour but if you insist on that time, expect a full week of complaining from me. Are we taking a car so we can SHOP while we are there???

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I'm with you, Cosmo - I'm not a morning girl either.

I can pick you all up at the ferry, and I have a big trunk for shopping purposes. It even serves me well for my Costco jaunts.
;)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
God you are a pesky person..I am going to go and collect you all starting around five...I will bring the clash with me :p The only reason we have to get up so early is galaniomama, she want to catch the three back to the island...if she thinks she is going to weasel out...well don't even go there.

Although I try to catch and release, yes I will bring you a couple of trout. :cry: . And no jesters will not be coming, they are city boys and whine to much in the bush. Its cold, I'm scared 8O I think it was something to do with being waxed. No body hair to keep warm. And my cousin would just end up beating them up. :p :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
No No No we are not taking a car!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are walking on..unless of course you want to pay for the car :p It will cost over a hundred return...and WE ARE NOT GOING SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Why is my message 3 ft long all of a sudden above me that is... 8O
Oh little Ricky I will miss you :cry: I will send you a message in a bottle...a root beer bottle :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well horne lake is land locked so I will have to toss it on the western side of the island. You might get it faster than if I sent it by canada post :p :wink: Look after all girls while I am away ricky this is your mission if you decide to accept it :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yes I thought you would :p :wink: A difficult mission, but you are the man for the job...pssst...don't tell 007 I said that to you. :p

lady C cosmos does not need to go shopping, she is the only person I know that has bags of stuff in her closet, that are not even opened. 8O Some of it I am sure is from when we were room mates 8O Please we have lots of stores here, no need to go around Vancouver 8O once she starts, only a shot from the vet can stop her.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Peapod, shopping is the reason I exist. I promise, though, no clothes. Just maybe some silver earrings and a present for my sweetie back on the rock (doesn't look like she'll be coming).

LadyC ... instead of sneaking out, I think we should drag the Pod and the rest of the gaggle with us!!

Hey Haggis ... you live in Van, don't you?? Will you be joinging the cluster of CCers for lunch?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Hey - it looks like i am going too!!!!! okay, so we catch the 7 boat, lady c picks us up at 9 - then what?

could we go to some book stores, or second hand stores, that really wouldn't be shopping would it?

where should we go for lunch?

help us here, vancouver is a big city and we are always kinda scared when we get there........

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Do we have to go into Vancouver? I hate driving in the big city...

There's a pretty good thrift store here in Tsawwassen I can take you to - it's only a 5 minute detour from the ferry terminal.

Looks like you're outnumbered pea - the rest of us appear to be dedicated shoppers.
:D

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Saturday D---Day

Cosmo said:
Hey Haggis ... you live in Van, don't you?? Will you be joinging the cluster of CCers for lunch?

Oh my, I am glad that someone mentioned this thread to me, otherwise, I'd've missed your nice invitation altogether.

Actually, no, I don't live in Vancouver (I am a born and bred Vancouverite, but we've been in Kelowna now for fifteen years).

Besides, you would not want me there. I am a curmudgeon when it comes to shopping. I would whine incessantly and demand to have a coffee shop break every ten minutes. My daughter will attest to this. True-blue shoppers always end up wanting to kill me. Must be something I do, I just don't know. :cool:

Thanks for the invitation, though!

PS I had to scroll for three full blocks to get to where I could click on 'reply'.