Gettin' undeniably OLD....

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Looks like Alzheimers is setting in.... Today I was preparing Sweet'n'Sour Chicken; fried the coated chicken pieces in oil and then because oil stinks up the house, I decided to put the pot of hot oil out on the barbeque to cool. (temps around here have been about like your fridge for weeks, even freezing slighty.)

When I lifted the lid, there was the untouched decorated cake, in its original package, that I now remember buying at the supermarket - still pretty looking in orange and brown, with a Jack'o'lantern on the top.

Thats right - I got it for Halloween!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Gettin' undeniably OL

You should have left the BBQ open and waited for it to rain. Then you could have run around the yard singing MacArthur Park and frightening the neighbours.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Strange minds must think alike, because that very thought was running through my brain. :) Or maybe it has to do with Thompson-esque fear and loathing minds, I don't know.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Gettin' undeniably OL

Reverend Blair said:
You should have left the BBQ open and waited for it to rain. Then you could have run around the yard singing MacArthur Park and frightening the neighbours.

I dont know what it is - but when I read your post above, I wound up with my left palm propped against my left cheek, and my (somewhat ample) belly, rockin' and rollin'....... LMAO!

You've always been funny, Rev - but thats in the Top Ten!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Gettin' undeniably OLD....

Ten Packs said:
Haggis McBagpipe said:
Strange minds must think alike, because that very thought was running through my brain. :) Or maybe it has to do with Thompson-esque fear and loathing minds, I don't know.

"Thompson-esque???
Might we share the same air, in a "Tranquille" sort of way , Haggis? Do you have "privy information" about a certain "Wanda-Sue" - or mayhaps an "Overlander"???

Inquiring minds want to know...... :wink:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Re: RE: Gettin' undeniably OLD....

edit to last post

Pardon me folks - the "Buttons" are not where I am used to, from other Forums.
Nor do they work quite the same.

Laff...good one!

A buddy of mine is a serious, serious bookworm. He has shelves upon shelves of books in his house, and he's at least heard of pretty much every SF book ever published and ever slated to be published.

One day we went to a bunch of different stores looking for a specific book which he'd been looking for for a long time. Eventually we found it after a day of searching.

Then he went home and found he already bought a copy.

Laff.....I make fun of him about it every chance I get.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Or maybe it has to do with Thompson-esque fear and loathing minds, I don't know.

Ah, to put it Thompson-esque terms...

"It isn't everyday you see an old man lurking naked in his yard singing a twisted show tune from the seventies anymore. I knew that man though, knew him well. Back in the days when Richard Nixon used to keep a Chinese woman on a houseboat in the harbour in San Francisco."

Ah, piss on it...that isn't even close to a Thompson parody. I seem a little off tonight.

This, on the other hand, reminds me of some reports from Thompson's editors:
edit to next post
edit to next post
edit to last post

I kept expecting to see "Insert Cazart." :wink: