online/offline icons

peapod
Anybody notice the little icons on the left? online/ offline. I like them.

Rick van Opbergen
They look like nipples.

peapod
you are a bad boy!

Rick van Opbergen
Don't you think they look like nipples?

peapod
No I don't :P they look like the top of baby bottles to me....same thing I guess :P

Rick van Opbergen
Exactly!

peapod
mmmmm....who is hiding? its not haggis or diamond sun :P you can tell now by the nipples :P wonder who it is? could go through threads and find out :P admen put those there just to give me something to do :P

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

mmmmm....who is hiding? its not haggis or diamond sun :P you can tell now by the nipples :P wonder who it is? could go through threads and find out :P admen put those there just to give me something to do :P

Yes =) They're for you peapod. hehe.

They aren't nipples!! Nor are they baby bottles! I derived them from msn online and offline icons. I thought they're quite nice. They are heads with shoulders

Someone who is hidden (over half the users are usually hidden) will appear offline. You can view who's online on the main page at the bottom.

peapod
yes its a trait I learned doing genealogy, always looking for clues :P I like them, and I have seen them at other websites, ricky just has the mind of any 18 year old boy, or I mean man :P

Yes I know you can tell who is online at the bottom, but if it says 1 hidden, I can now go and hunt down the nipple and if its green, I will know who it is. :P But there are over 700 members. So chances are slim. The old needle in a haystack. :P

Haggis McBagpipe

mmmmm....who is hiding? its not haggis or diamond sun :P

I'm not only hiding, I have decided this small planet is not big enough for me and that moronic nation to the south. I'm trying to jump off, but dammit, gravity won't let me.

Diamond Sun
Is Rick really only 18? I put him at least in his mid 20's, simply by the maturity and intelligence in his posts...

JDream
Nice Icons Andem

Andem

yes its a trait I learned doing genealogy, always looking for clues :P I like them, and I have seen them at other websites, ricky just has the mind of any 18 year old boy, or I mean man :P

Yes I know you can tell who is online at the bottom, but if it says 1 hidden, I can now go and hunt down the nipple and if its green, I will know who it is. :P But there are over 700 members. So chances are slim. The old needle in a haystack. :P

Nope If someone is hidden, their icon will always show as Offline.

LadyC
I'm with Rick on this one - I think they look like nipples too. Cool idea, though, as it lets you see right away if the person you're replying to is on or off-line.

Why would anyone decide to hide? As soon as you post, we all know you're here anyway. Besides, since so few people "hide", it's not like it's too difficult to figure out.

peapod
darn! here I thought I would have something to amuse myself with, chasing hidden posters :P I know, its hard to believe is it not diamond that ricky is only 18. He is very savvy for someone so young :P

Rick van Opbergen
How can you be hidden? What does that mean?

Diamond Sun
You can change it in your profile, so that instead of you showing up as online, it shows you as offline, but you technically are still kicking around and can post. I have mine set to hidden, I have no idea why, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Rick van Opbergen
Aha ... that explains why someone like Haggis is always posting while not appearing to be online (right Haggis?)

Diamond Sun
That is exactly right! I'm pretty convinced she's not here right now though...

Rick van Opbergen
Hehehehe ... I've just joined the "hidden" club ...

Diamond Sun
Welcome. As our newest member you must first buy all us other members some doughnuts, from Tim Hortons. They can be sent to me, and I'll be sure to, um, distribute them accordingly.

Rick van Opbergen
You've just convinced me to step out of the "hidden" club ... nobody is allowed to stand between me and my doughnuts!

peapod
pssssst.......you cannot see me :P can I have my donut please.

Diamond Sun
Damn!! My plan is foiled.

On other notes, I also thought the little online/offline icons looked like nipples. Or baby bottle lids.

Rick van Opbergen
Do Canadians have some sort of fetish for doughnuts?

Rick van Opbergen
See peapod, I'm not perverted, at least two other people have reconfirmed these icons look like nipples.

peapod
ricky look at your avatar, that is no way for a little monkey to be thinking. :P

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

Aha ... that explains why someone like Haggis is always posting while not appearing to be online (right Haggis?)

Hell no, I'm not hidden, I'm in stealth mode. There's a difference. 8-)

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

On other notes, I also thought the little online/offline icons looked like nipples. Or baby bottle lids.

I'm thinking little pink nuclear plants. 8-)

Rick van Opbergen
peapod, I can assure you, I send Victorius out of the room when this conversation started ...