how was your turkey or thanksgiving meal?

View Poll Results: do u wish that u can have turkey more often?
yes every day 1 14.29%
no i hate turkey 1 14.29%
once a month 1 14.29%
as long as i get pie... 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

undergradNITZ
mine was awsome...i had 2 25lb turkeys....mmmm and all the fixings...stuffing....turnip...cran berries...and much much more...

so...how is or was yours?

peapod
Mine was more awesome dude There were 23 of us including dna related kin..like cousins...My brother put on quite a shin dig...as he now owns his house mortgage free..so staples were flowing....

undergradNITZ
staples?

peapod
food...liquor...new hot tub...goodies lots and lots of goodies...

undergradNITZ
ohhh....are they free?...i like free things...

Reverend Blair
I'm just getting ready to go to mine. Actually I'm fully ready...my beer is packed, and Zeke's needle is pre-loaded and in the cooler with the beer.

I can tell you in advance how it will go though.

My nephews will sit on the floor, eyes glued to the TV. Their father will ask me questions about home renos and landscaping. I'll ask him questions about cars. My nephews will get restless and have a minor scrap (they never have a major one...something that baffles me).

My other bro-in-law will come upstairs shortly after supper and prattle on about something completely irrelevant for a while. He will eat mashed potatoes and peas.

My mother-in-law will refuse all help in the kitchen, making us all feel vaguely guilty. She will also count every beer opened and every cigarette smoked (she's from Southey). She will have made an excellent meal once again though, will apologise to me because she makes German cabbage rolls instead of Ukrainian cabbage rolls, and will suggest once again that giving a dog a needle twice a day is too much work.

At the end of the night me and Mrs. Rev will hop in the car and head back here, leftovers in the beer cooler.

That pretty much describes X-mas and Easter too.

My in-laws are great people, I just wish that they'd do something different once in a while.

undergradNITZ
i get money on easter because im not to keen about chocolate cuz my teeth are kinda sencitive...so i just go buy a video game or something...

Reverend Blair
I only have two teeth, so I guess I can eat all the chocolate I want.

Reverend Blair
Oh, it's time to go for supper. See ya later.

undergradNITZ
turkey? it better be turkey...!

Reverend Blair
Of course it was turkey...with a ham chaser. There's something extra happy about a meal with two kinds of meat. Everybody was sick with this cold I've had though, so we escaped early.

edgerunner
Hey, Rev, so it was you that gave us this ugly cold? How'd you dso that? You haven't mouth-kissed any of us for quit a while. We were getting sad about that 'till we found out about the cold. Did you eat perogy, also?
And we were hoping that Zeke would share his needles with us, this year.....greedy guy. Hello to Mrs. Rev and wish you were here.

XXXOXXXOX,
Edge, Zen and the Gang.

peapod
Oh so we are describing our families are we....well we had our turkey dinner at my brothers house, a typical suburban neighbourhood, nicely mowed lawns and correctly place shrubbery. Nice picket fences that resemble nancy kerrigans teeth. :P The plan is simple, like my brother in law phil, but unlike phil, this plan might work. We will be nice to each other

The host is my brother and his wife of 20 years, he fell for her like his heart was a mob informant and she was the east river. (he has seen the godfather at least 200 times).

My sisters have minds like steel traps, only problem they have been left out to long, they have rusted shut :P
My "other" brother and his wife were childhood sweethearts, but cruel fate seperated them, but the star crossed lovers, raced across a grassy field toward each other like 2 freight trains. One having left clevand at 6:36 pm, travelling at 55 mpr, the other from topeka kanas at 4:19pm, at a speed of 35 mpr. :P

My mothers thoughts tumble in her head, making and breaking alliances, like under pants in a dryer without cling free

My father speaks with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it. :P

ya ya its a great get together

Melody
Happy Gobbles & all that. Pleasure to meet y'all.

No turkey - ham was easier and I worked today. Don't judge me too harshly.

peapod
Melody nobody gonna judge you harshly...how could they you are from british columbia :P If is not for reasons of national security can you say where you are from in BC :P and please start yaking :P

Rick van Opbergen
No Thanksgiving here ... *little sigh* though I like turkey!

Reverend Blair
No perogies this year, Edgerunner...that's my side of the family that does those.

Zeke's needles are full of humulin n, so I doubt they'd do you much good...unless you happen to be diabetic. Zeke doesn't mind sharing them though. She's done something to make me stab myself with a dirty dog needle more than once.

galianomama
Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Let's eat the turkey
In my big brown shoe
Love to eat the turkey
At the table
I once saw a movie
With Betty Grable
Eat that turkey
All night long
Fifty million Elvis fans