City skylines

Jim
Went to Eastern Townships near Orford and here is what I saw...

... snow!!

Diamond Sun
View of Chaing Mai, Thailand from the Chaing Mai zoo...

um...that was huge. I'll try to make it smaller...

Diamond Sun
Okay...let's try this again...

Ahh. Much better!

Diamond Sun
Here's a sunset photo..a "skyline" of the Gulf of Thailand.

Andem
This is Pyongyang, North Korea... just looking at these pictures make me thank god I'm not from that country..

Damn, it's so quiet:

This triangular shaped building was supposed to be a hotel... it was never finished. It'd be cool if it was, though:

Jesus!!!:

Rick van Opbergen
When is the world finally seriously going to react against the brutal dictatorship of North Korea?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

When is the world finally seriously going to react against the brutal dictatorship of North Korea?

It is a brutal dictatorship, and who knows

Rick van Opbergen
Guess this thread is not a place to discuss this thinking about it.

Andem
Beautiful city of Zürich:

jamie

peapod
Nice skyline jamie :P

jamie
I personally love the NYC skyline the most. Chicago is awesome, as well as St. Louis and Louisville, Kentucky. Also, I saw a photo of Ottawa the other day..it was really cool- where the river freezes in the winter and has people ice-skating on it.

peapod
That where I learned to skate on an ice pond in ontario visiting my grandmothers, thing about skates, you can really wizz around them, rollerskates are better, but you never catch the moonbeams at the roller rink in Port Alberni, no matter how fast you are...But the tunes are good

wintersnow
truly beautiful stuffs

sj007
all thoes mlt pics make me happy to live here i forget how to attach a pic when i do ill show u a pict o me school

hope it works

this is right accross from my school

and this is mlt again

Andem
This is the city I'm moving to in June.

Berlin

View of the fernsehturm or TV tower built by former GDR government.

Potsdamer Platz:

City on the river Spree:

Nighttime view:

What's Berlin without the remainders of the wall?

Near my neighbourhood:

Andem

Took that picture a while back, 3 weeks ago

(edit: sorry, that's Berlin at night)

Andem
Another one from Berlin:

Took this from friedrichstrasse.

Pemmican
WOW!!
Gorgeous pictures, Andem!!!
More of them please!!

Btw: I like your new signature *g*

Blackleaf
BBC

Your Pictures

City Skylines

Each week, we publish a gallery of readers' pictures on a set theme. This week it is "city skylines", and we begin with this picture by Michael Keenan of Seattle as seen from Queen Anne Hill, Washington State.

Jane Barrett: "Here is a picture of the Stockholm skyline. The waterfront was so straight and uniform I transformed it into a circle to give it a totally different perspective."

Rachel Hain: "A view of the Pudong skyline taken from the Bund, Shanghai. I was transfixed by this two-layered cityscape made up of both people and skyscrapers."

Manju Kumari: "This photo taken in Millennium Park in Chicago, reflects the big monuments of the city."

Owen Bowler: "The Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, caught as a reflection."

Daniel Furon: "San Francisco skyline on a cloudy late afternoon, looking towards the west."

Joel Vardy: "An early morning photo of The 02 from across the River Thames in London."

Richard and Katherine Milton: "Doha's skyline is stunning, wherever the viewpoint."

Michael Elleray: "This was taken from the top deck of the MS Eurodam, a Dutch flagged passenger cruise ship, on a late afternoon departure from New York in September 2010. The natural light at this time of the day make this photo a favourite of mine."

And finally, a photograph of London by Peter Benson.

BBC News - Your pictures: City skylines (external - login to view)

B00Mer
Vancouver, BC... Best City in Canada

I would say best city in the WORLD!!

Blackleaf
Bolton skyline

To the left is our glorious town hall, which was completed in 1873, with its tall clock tower in scaffolding in the picture. It's located on the beautiful Le Mans Crescent (Le Mans is Bolton's French twin town). Towards the top right, with the large chimney, is Swan Lane Mill. It's actually three cotton spinning mills. No 1 Mill was built in 1902; Number 2 Mill was built in 1905; and Number 3 Mill was built in 1915. They were once the largest cotton spinning mills in the world. Number 1 and 2 mills together contained 210,000 mule spindles and Number 3 contained 120,000 mule spindles. I think cotton spinning finally stopped in the mills in 2001. One of them is now used as an Adams Selfstore secure storage place, where you can store vehicles and boxes and stuff like that. I think there is also some sort of furniture shop in one of them. I live right near to the mills, in their mighty shadow. At night, when the lights are on in the mills and many of the hundreds of windows are lit up, it's a sight to behold.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Feb 1st, 2015 at 10:42 AM..

Blackleaf
London

Manchester

Liverpool

Newcastle

Leeds

Sheffield

Bath

Oxford

Norwich

Salisbury

Glasgow

Edinburgh

Cardiff

Swansea

Becky_Harrison
Toronto, Canada has the greatest skyline

Cliffy
All cities look like pimples on the azz of the Earth.

B00Mer
Vancouver, BC, Canada

#1 City in the WORLD!!

wwwyoutubecomwatchvAI1N7oelEW0

Blackleaf
There are 69 "official" cities in the UK - 51 in England, 7 in Scotland, 6 in Wales, and 5 in Northern Ireland - but, confusingly, it has many more towns easily large enough to be considered cities, and some of its official cities are even smaller than large villages or small towns.

Britain's largest city is, of course, London, with a population of 8.6 million, whilst its smallest city is St Davids, with a population of just 2,000.

Birmingham

Bradford

Leicester

Nottingham

Cambridge

Chester

Coventry

Hull

Stoke-on-Trent

Gloucester

Durham

Dundee