Isengard walkabout

peapod
Tell us what you saw and did how your walk isengard. Who did you talk to? what did they say? did you learn anything that you did not know before? Did you meet your soulmate? stuff like that! I myself am going for a walk.....I should have something to talk about when I return

peapod
Guess I am back before you! mine was short. How about this? Have you ever heard this before. Suppose aliens came to this planet, and they had to explain us to their home planet, bush like council. How would they explain us? well we are mamals, so we are really just meat! but the difference is our meat thinks! how do you explain that one! thinking meat I mean? Its a ponder alright

LadyC
As far as meat goes, we're pretty easy to prepare. No plucking or skinning involved, and some of us come pre-marinated!

peapod
Ok lets hear it where you from???? you live on this island don't ya?

LadyC
A ferry ride away. I live in Tsawwassen.

But I grew up in Squamish, the heart of 2010.

peapod
On the hill? Maybe you can see my place from there? sure be nice to have some property in squamish right now Beautiful place..Have you been to bowen island? That is one nice little island. What about the logger?

LadyC
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

On the hill? Maybe you can see my place from there? sure be nice to have some property in squamish right now Beautiful place..Have you been to bowen island? That is one nice little island. What about the logger?

1. No - I'm on the other side, overlooking Boundary Bay.
2. My parents are in Squamish - it's beautiful, but yes... getting very expensive.
3. I was on Bowen Island in the spring for my daughter's gymneastrada provincials. While the girls were at their workshops and all, the rest of us went to the beach. I wouldn't mind going back there.
4. As I said, the only loggers in my life right now are family.

peapod
Yes I have loggers in my family to. Not the same anymore..not like it use to be...I use to swear I would never use that term, my nanny (grandmother) always use to say "its not like it use to be" use to drive me nuts!! now I catch myself saying it sometimes....ah well...just as long as I don't catch her hands coming out of my sleeve when I put my jacket on I think I can handle it

You don't hear much about bowen island, maybe its better that way, if they find out how nice it is, they come. Your uncle is well known than in the logging history?

LadyC
Years ago he was on the front page of the paper when he performed at the CNE in Toronto. (I can't for the life of me think of what the event is called - he climbed the spar really fast.)

He was never really a logger. Some of my other uncles were fallers, and my brothers and cousins did most of the rest - the yarding, loading, setting chokers, hooktending - I did the books for less than half the wage, but that's another topic altogether.

peapod
I was falling asleep there...I am reading a book and typing on this thing to...lefties can do alot of things at the same time Logging tales are right up there with fishing tales. Have you ever heard of deep forest its a group. There music is very good! I like it it alot...but it makes me want to sleep. Name your favorite band! Did you see Neil young when he was in Vancouver?

LadyC
I don't really have a favourite band - I like all sorts of music.
Or, as a friend used to say... I like both kinds of music, country and western.

I didn't see neil Young, although I'd like to.

peapod
Isengard must have got lost on his walk take a look at my avatar..I cannot believe how good that picture turned out...I am gonna have to enter it in the fall fair in Port Alberni...once I won a ribbon for my pumpkin...I could use a few more Well I am tired of typing to myself..I am going go and do some gardening..

Isengard
Hey peapod, just came back! To answer your questions, I did a bicycle ride, a really short one, was not in the mood. After that I came back home and prepare myself to go to my parents place for supper. Just came back home now. I didn't learn anything today...

Except that the 3 days weekend is already finished and that I'm still a bit tired...

I'll have to go to bed early to be in shape tomorrow!!

peapod
how do you have to "prepare" yourself to go to your parents? Do they nag and lecture?

Isengard
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

how do you have to "prepare" yourself to go to your parents? Do they nag and lecture?

I meant, take a shower, get dressed, that kind of preparations!! No lectures! My parents are not the kind to lecture me, they're more of the kind of "live and let live" They're nice!

peapod
Well are you the lucky one! my mother thinks I am that crippled girl in that tennesse williams story the glass menigere. You know the one...where her brother brings home a single friend home for dinner...one last ditch effort to get the poor little crippled girl a husband. Nice as the story is, its most annoying when played out in real life. Well peapod is mommy's poor little crippled girl What will become of peapod is her biggest ponder. Married twice, but no husband or 2.5 childern and a well manicured lawn with well placed shrubbery. Oh mommy dearest I tell her..peapod is not running on empty inside..could you please pick a different story we could play at.

no new posts