Monday morning sandbox

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Bevvy, galaniomama, I know you are not doing much, how about you give us a cooking lesson galaniomama? She watches way to much iron chef, and is always laying those "puke your brains out receipes" on me. Her demostrations have led me to call her chef fukui. This makes her giggle and she bows her head demurely and covers her face with her hand. So uh, chef fukui, what on your menu today? tell us your plan, and bevvysun and I will provide comentary on your slice and dice action. But hey lets do in the iron chef way 8) Allez Cuisine!!!!

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
well, seeing how this is a monday morning, i will start off with my fishy scales in black bean sauce. ymmm. one of my favorites. i always like to start with a very hot, hot wok. ouch. maybe not that hot. then i lay the fresh fish gently down into the oil, and watch him dance. tada. the black bean sauce is the last effort on my part, the black bean just gives it enough of that 'blackened fish' look. a few quick passes of green onion and voila! the taste buds have been awakened, and the fish has a big smile on its face!!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
squeeze on! question? where are your clothes? we need a menu. something that my mouth is saying to me "this is good" give us a true example of cultural differences.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
squeeze on! question? what the hell you doing? I am leaving for awhile, I just used my bong! so I am going over here for awhile to watch some dreams...my favorite dream there is I dance with bag people. Yes! Yes! I think I had that dream a few times..when you get there just click ok...than on the upper left you can choose a dream to visit...try I dance with bag people.. 8)

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Menu for monday morning is:

Sticky beans and fish scales
black squid noodles with lamb testicles
in strawberry sauce with brocolli ice cream

hummy and yummy!!!!

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
squeeze on! question? where is bevvy-sun? Do you intend on using your $3,000 bottle of oily foie gras leavins? What do you think of todays ingredients bevvy-sun? what is the 50 gallon drum of yogurt for? and the buffalo urine? How unusual a combination you have created chef fukui.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
squeeze on! question? may I be premitted to pay homage to you the great chef fukui, I humbley sumit a nice haiku for you.

Translucent carp scales
Are toasted to a nice crisp-
Great afterschool snack!

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Chef Fuki

Ummm what did you do with the rest of the lamb?

And Pea,

I thought you said buff and low for collecting the urine, not buffalo. DON'T USE IT FUKI! I'll have to go get some.

Oh good lord, Pea and her bong is messing me up.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
chairman bevvy-sun, so good of you to drop by, lots of tools to straighten out today? Chairman bevvy-sun I like your kimono!

squeeze on? question? I am distrubed by you chef fukui, yes I am, I don't like you beating that live octopus to death with that dakion radish!

chairman bevvy-sun, what is your opinion on the texture as it melts in your mouth, Yes Yes I love it! I think?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
chairman bevvy sun I almost forgot I have a nice haiku we can use for the dessert chef fukui is making us, you know the brocolli ice cream one...how does this sound

: ice cream maker
She eats cold squid ink
Says "I could get hooked on this"
Not Baskin-Robbins

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
must you keep asking silly questions. i am busy preparing my food. now i must take the black squid noodles and spank them. badly, over and over. now they are submissive.....ah, yes, now i can use the black squid, it will be rubberly, wonderful rubberly, and mix them with the lamb 'parts'. oh, how they dance in the wok. lookeee - they are doing there dance for us!!! happy happy rubber balls dancing!!! ooohh, the sauce needs to be adjusted. just a little more black bean sauce. oops, maybe too much, but still, very tasty!!

bevvy-sun, did you get me my buff and low sauce yet? ah, time is waiting for no wok, i must get busy and create dessert. oh, pea-sun, patience. you must have patience. the dessert is a special creation which takes much time.

thank you pea-sun for the haiku. very tasteful. ha ha. that was a jokee. never, ever have i used basket robbins. that would be very bad karma.

akk, must get back to my smoking wok.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
vhere-a is cheff fookooee? messeeng veet zee fegetebles? Bork Bork Bork!

sorry wrong chef.

squeeze on! question? what is yellow liquid chef fukui is mixing up with the chopped fish head? I just love saying squeeze on!! maybe we should just play some nice koto-like music chairman bevvy sun. your turn....a swell of iron chef like intro music.....

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ummmmm while we are waiting for chef fukui to do something...we could play this chairman bevvy sun

The Rules of the Game

For the game, the group divides into Challengers, Iron Chefs, and Commentators. If you're not with a drinking crowd, yet you still want to play (!?), give everyone paper and pencil. Instead of drinking, make a mark on the paper as instructed. The group with the lowest combined points win. Whereas in the drinking game, the group that is the most sober wins, if anyone is still interested in winning at that point.

Challengers One drink when the challenger says, "I will win." If he/she uses the word "definitely", take an additional drink.

Two drinks whenever a challenger declares a chef should bring out the natural flavor of an ingredient. (Thanks, Alan!)

Two drinks anytime your chef is announced as being the master of some inane ingredient, such as salt.

Two drinks if the theme ingredient is not seafood.

One drink if the theme ingredient is foie gras, caviar, shark's fin or truffles.

One drink if other Iron Chefs, past or present, are on hand to witness the battle. One extra drink if all the current and former Iron Chefs are present.

Two drinks if the Iron Chef writes up a menu beforehand. If the Iron Chef is Michiba, then take only one drink.

One drink when the challenger rushes to beat the Iron Chef to the theme ingredient to get the best selection. (Thanks, Ashley!)

One drink for Michiba's "broth of vigor".

Three drinks if your chef is using bird's nest as an ingredient. Take one additional drink if it's red bird's nest.

One drink anytime the ice cream maker is shown.

One drink anytime entrails are used.

Two drinks anytime your chef uses an odd prop in the presentation of one of his dishes (e.g. newspaper or a Coca-Cola paper cup)
Two drinks each time the challenger carves food to look like something else, such as a pagoda. One additional drink if it breaks. (Thanks, Ashley!)

Two drinks if your chef throws out a dish.

One drink if your chef uses one of the following luxury ingredients: caviar, foie gras, truffles, shark's fin, champagne, uni or sea urchin roe. One additional drink per additional luxury ingredient (unless of course, this is the theme ingredient). (Thanks, Stephen!)

Two drinks if the opponent makes a dessert out of a non-dessert item (like oyster or caviar).

One drink if your chef says his or her dishes are "okay" or "alright".

One drink when your chef prepares a dish that requires partial assembly by the judges.

Two drinks every time your opponent is seen smiling during the tasting.

One drink each time your opponent personally serves out his or her dish.

One drink if your opponent successfully controlled the smell of an ingredient. (Thanks, Naiilah!)

One drink when Kishi Asako tears into your chef's dish.

Two drinks if Kishi likes your opponent's dish.

One drink per judge that votes for Iron Chef.

One drink when the Iron Chef, relieved to have won, rubs his face with his hands and then squints and blinks repeatedly.

Iron Chefs Two drinks anytime it is a special battle that features only one particular Iron Chef rather than being chosen by the challenger at the beginning of the show.

Two drinks for Kobe's string ensemble. (Thanks, Ashley!)

Two drinks if the theme ingredient is not seafood.

One drink if the theme ingredient is foie gras, caviar, shark's fin or truffles.

One drink when the Iron Chef rushes to beat the opponent to the theme ingredient to get the best selection. (Thanks, Ashley!)

One drink if the Iron Chef complains the ingredient is not often used in his style of cuisine.

One drink each time the challenger's supporters are boisterous. One additional drink if the challenger's supporters brought war drums with them. (Thanks, Ashley!)

Two drinks if your opponent writes up a menu beforehand.

Two drinks anytime entrails are used.

Three drinks if your chef is using bird's nest as an ingredient. Take one additional drink if it's red bird's nest.

One drink anytime the ice cream maker is shown.

Two drinks anytime your chef uses an odd prop in the presentation of one of his dishes (e.g. newspaper or a Coca-Cola paper cup).
Two drinks if your chef throws out a dish.

Two drinks each time the Iron Chef carves food to look like something else, such as a pagoda. One additional drink if it breaks. (Thanks, Ashley!)

One drink if your chef uses one of the following luxury ingredients: caviar, foie gras, truffles, shark's fin, champagne, uni or sea urchin roe. One additional drink per additional luxury ingredient (unless of course, this is the theme ingredient). (Thanks, Stephen!)

Two drinks if the opponent makes a dessert out of a non-dessert item (like oyster or caviar).

If your chef says his or her dishes are "okay" or "alright", take one drink.

One drink when your chef prepares a dish that requires partial assembly by the judges.

Two drinks every time your opponent is seen smiling during the tasting.

One drink each time your opponent personally serves out his or her dish.

One drink if your opponent successfully controlled the smell of an ingredient. (Thanks, Naiilah!)

One drink when Kishi Asako tears into your chef's dish.

Two drinks if Kishi likes your opponent's dish.

One drink per judge that votes for the opposing chef.

Three drinks if the challenger wins.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
what is yellow liquid chef fukui is mixing up with the chopped fish head?

oh pea-sun, you much too fast for me!!! that is my special sauce that bevvy-sun ordered..........my buff and low sauce. only used on special occassions and for the iron chef cooking show. you too can order it if you wish, just send $19.95 (shipping and handling extra) to iron chef incorp. c/o pea sun.

fish heads with eyeballs, yes very delicious. whoops, they keep rolling off the plate. no problem. they are nice covered with coconut too. crunchy.

pea-sun, quit eating dessert. it is not finished yet, still needing the broccoli ingredient.