The art of posting

peapod
rev are you sure you are not from the coast! You sound like you are a friend of my brothers! I think he would consider you a real peer.

Once when my brother was coming out of camp, he agreed to pick me up in front of a bank, I needed a ride, as my own "normal " vehicle was being repaired. Well he shows up early, I am standing in a line up waiting for the bank to open up. Everyone can see this thing approaching, gasps and horror erupt in the line up, myself included in the gasping. coming down the street is a old volkswagen van...it had a nice homemade paint job, metallic mustard I think the color was, it also made an ungodly noise. The bullet holes along the side was a nice touch. It slows down as it approaches the bank. Oh my god!!!! its my brother! he parks across the street and proceeds to honk and wave me on over. I pretend that I do not know him....I hum and little song and pray that he drives away...I will walk thank you very much!!!! Oh but not him! he pulls a turn and comes right up on the sidewalk in front of the bank and myself and the line up. What the hell he says you wanta a ride or not? It seems this was the prize vehicle of his camp. They did everything possible to it, including taking shots at it with a gun....makes you wonder where the police are when you see something like this on the road....having coffee do doubt somewhere...

Aviallani
Wow it's nice to talk to people that actually remember the Beachcombers, I'm not feeling quite so old now! hehe

Yes alot of the cast members for the show have died. We did have Dave Thomas up here and the Constable is still kicking. So is Pat John. There were a few old school hockey players that came up for the show too.

peapod
Ya the beachcombers was a good show, made your little town very busy. Since my sister lived there her kids got to be extas or stand in crowd for one of the show, it was a really big deal to them, immoralized on film forever....the constable is still around uh? don't does guys ever give up?

undergradNITZ
my uncle has a show....Marty and Avrums Moveable Feast...and he also produces Beer Budies and he also produces Were Talking Home Made and sometimes he appears on it....yep...hes the big fat guy with a blond afro....

www.martyandavrum.com (external - login to view)

Aviallani
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Ya the beachcombers was a good show, made your little town very busy. Since my sister lived there her kids got to be extas or stand in crowd for one of the show, it was a really big deal to them, immoralized on film forever....the constable is still around uh? don't does guys ever give up?

I don't think the guy got much in the way of other work lol!

Yeah the beachcombers sure did alot for us. More than that Needful Things ever did My stepbrothers and I crashed that set on more than one occassion when they were filming next to mollys reach at night. We threw beercans at them I was a bit of a wild child

undergradNITZ
u should of put cherrybombs in them...

peapod
Aviallani,
Those other two island posters should be around today, real yakers they are two! so start yaking girl! Its monday! I can't stand it! my job is so boring!!! nobody around but me! I hope those 2 yakers got something to say today.

Aviallani

Aviallani,
Those other two island posters should be around today, real yakers they are two! so start yaking girl! Its monday! I can't stand it! my job is so boring!!! nobody around but me! I hope those 2 yakers got something to say today.

Ok I'll keep an eye out for them. Unfortunately I won't be on here again until the later afternoon. Today is my first day at CIBC!!! I'm sure looking forward to the change!

peapod
Yes, banks are so different from each other aren't they good luck on your new bank, actually thats my bank, so stay outta my account! Yippie! I see that bevvy is here, a coaster..very cool and she needs a bank, she has lots of stuff!

Aviallani

Yes, banks are so different from each other aren't they good luck on your new bank, actually thats my bank, so stay outta my account! Yippie! I see that bevvy is here, a coaster..very cool and she needs a bank, she has lots of stuff!

Accounts there eh? :P

peapod
Ya I deal with your bank, but you don't know who I really am, you can't find out how much I got. You won't find anything under peapod. If you do than please put it in my account, but than I would have to tell you who I am. Are you trying to trick me?

undergradNITZ
Its a trick! RUN!

peapod
yes master yoda..I hear and I will obey...How are you teddy?

undergradNITZ
good...still have 3 fingers left from last night...

peapod
guess those three missing fingers are going to hinder you "pluse" standing I see below your post. Won't that interfer with your number of clicks?

undergradNITZ
a bit...