Trivia

bogie
More steel is used to make bottle caps than to manufacture automobile bodies.

undergradNITZ
Quote: Originally Posted by bogie

More steel is used to make bottle caps than to manufacture automobile bodies.

well yea..most "bodies" of a car are fyberglass and plastic...and frame it usually steal or alliunimum or some other metal...

An adult grizzly bear can decapitate a moose with one swipe of its paw. When it charges it can cover 100 yards in six seconds - faster than a racehorse.

bogie
Coconuts kill more people worldwide than sharks do. About 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.

undergradNITZ
The B-complex vitamins will make your urine flourescent yellow. (not just yellow, but very very flourescent!).
It's just an excess that wasn't used up and is flushed out of your body

bogie
A face-off in hockey used to be called a "puck-off," but was soon changed for obvious reasons.

undergradNITZ
The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime

bogie
Four Popes have died while having sex.

Is this a case of "Do as I say, not as I do"?

undergradNITZ
A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second

bogie
When a waitress draws a happy face on a check tips rise 18 percent. When a waiter does the same thing, tips rise three percent.

undergradNITZ
The only word in the English language to contain three back to back double letter combinations is: bookkeeper

bogie
Leonardo da Vinci could draw with one hand and write with the other—at the same time.

undergradNITZ
Around 25,000 Iraqi men called Saddam Hussein have changed their names since the dictator's fall

bogie
Scotland exports sand to Saudi Arabia.

undergradNITZ
15 million blood cells are destroyed in the human body every second

bogie
Butter was the first food product allowed by law to have artificial coloring. (It's actually white.)

undergradNITZ
A flea is capable of jumping 13 inches in a single leap. In human terms, this would be equivalent to a person leaping 700 feet in one bound

bogie
Trivia was a Roman goddess to whom sacrifices were offered at crossroads. Because travelers often engaged in idle gossip at crossroads, Trivia's name (referring to three roads coming together) came to be associated with the sort of information exchanged in such places.

undergradNITZ
The stunt glass, or breakaway glass, of old Hollywood films was made of sugar, water, and light corn syrup. It was basically a huge, unflavored, colorless lollipop. Today it's made of weak plastics.

bogie
Canola oil is actually called rapeseed oil, but the name was changed for marketing reasons.

Diamond Sun
Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

(I didn't know this until today, but I will be moving around the stuff on my bathroom counter...)

Andem
Welcome back, Diamond Sun!

Here's a good one: No war has ever been fought where both sides had McDonalds.

Andem
Here's another McDonald's one: MONTPELIER, VERMONT IS THE ONLY U.S STATE CAPITAL WITHOUT A MCDONALDS

bogie
Well, Diamond Sun, here is some more "potty" trivia ...

About 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets every year.

undergradNITZ
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Here's a good one: No war has ever been fought where both sides had McDonalds.

i already did that one anyways...

If you streatch your arms out and someone measures from both tips of your middle fingers, the distance is the same as your hight...it might be off by about a cm or so...

bogie
Until the 1960s, men with long hair were not allowed to enter Disneyland.

undergradNITZ
In texas, if you kill someone and there are 3 or more witnesses...you dont go and wait on death row...you go straight to the front of the line...

Soda
In Alberta, it's still in the law books that if you spend a night in jail, you are entitled to a sidearm and a horse when released the next morning... Haven't tried yet... Might not look good on a resume.

bogie
The Earth experiences 50,000 earthquakes a year.

bogie
The Romans would crush a first time rapist's gonads between two stones.

Boy, that sure would cut down on repeat offenders!

undergradNITZ
The electric chair was invented by a dentist