Where are you from?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Where is everyone from? The top 10 posters on the forum mostly don't even state what part of the planet you're posting from!

:) Just a reminder of the option of displaying where you're from. Just modify your profile and voila! Your location will be displayed here:

<----------------------------------------------------

Edit by Numure: Lowered the arrow ;)

Prometheus

Electoral Member
Jul 12, 2003
Eastern USA
I am originally from Florida USA, now living in North Carolina. Been on Canadian soil only once (Ontario) illegally, to pee during a canoe trip in Minnesota. No offense intended, the Canadian side was just closer :lol:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I think everyone know where galaniomama and myself are living. In Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Capital city of British columbia. The best province in the country :wink:

Prometheus you live in the place that was home to my most favorite author. Thomas Wolfe.

Purr

Aug 11, 2004
I'm a Cajun Queen from New Orleans, Louisiana. That said, I'm moving to Newfoundland. Nothing like trading weather.

Prometheus

Electoral Member
Jul 12, 2003
Eastern USA
Peapod, about 30 minutes away as a matter of fact. I have been to Thomas Wolfe's home, described in Look Homeward, Angel as Dixieland.
Unfortunately, it was damaged by an arsonist in the late '90's (98 0r 99). They are still in the process of remodelling, and are trying to make it look more like it did when Wolfe's mother actually ran it as a boarding house.

tomcat

Aug 12, 2004
Texas
Born in Germany, now living in Texas with Austrian wife and American baby, thinking about moving to Canada.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
tomcat: Willkommen! Ich bin auch Deutsche aus München,Bayern. Hab` hier gelebt, seit ich ein klein Kind war - das Leben hier ist aber verschiedenes Amerika.

und ja, ich vergesse nicht! immer willkommen in CanadianContent :D

tomcat

Aug 12, 2004
Texas
Andem said:
tomcat: Willkommen! Ich bin auch Deutsche aus München,Bayern. Hab` hier gelebt, seit ich ein klein Kind war - das Leben hier ist aber verschiedenes Amerika.

und ja, ich vergesse nicht! immer willkommen in CanadianContent :D

Hallo Bayern - hier spricht Schwaben. Wir sind seit 5 Jahren in Texas, kommen aber mit den Amis nicht immer so klar. Vielleicht ist Canada die Loesung - Toronto oder Montreal interessieren uns sehr! 8)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Where am I from? I'm from the wrong side of the tracks. My neighbourhood is separated from the the rest of Transcona by the CN repair shops. We used to allowed to walk through those shops to get to the rest of Transcona, but CN is owned by a bunch of money nazis in Chicago now, and they decided we were a terrorist threat or some damned thing.

Aviallani

Electoral Member
Aug 26, 2004
Calgary, NW
I'm from Sunshine Coast bc. Very close to Vancouver. It's a beautiful place but kinda closed off. I'm amazed at the diversity of the forum but really not that shocked since it is, in fact, a canadian one :)