Rewarding the mundane.

Haggis McBagpipe
In schools today, mulitple-choice and answer by three words or less has become the norm. Do you feel that this allows students of lesser abilities to do well while causing problems for those with critical thinking skills who recognize the futility of answering questions in three words or less?

Is the three-words-or-less test a form of censorship that allows, to some degree, the mundane to succeed and the brilliant to fail?

galianomama
I think so.

galianomama
In all seriousness, Hag, I will have to check with the kids in regards to the three word answers. I sure as hell hope that isn't the norm. Is it not done in order for the computers to tally the scores, such as with chemistry/math/physics, etc. where there are no grey areas in terms of an answer. Not like, say, english or social studies, etc.

American Voice
Eh, mebbe so.

Haggis McBagpipe
Wiseguys, each one!

American Voice
What were your SATs. I'll confess: 590/590. Okay, I'm stupid, so what? Maybe in '07, I'll get elected mayor. Ha, Ha! Dead-end job, right. I'll be a U.S. senator, yet! Townhouse in Georgetown.

Haggis McBagpipe
I'm Canadian. We don't go to school up here. We're just born smart.

American Voice
Smartaleck.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by American Voice

Smartaleck.

I am nothing if not a smartalec. It is a speciality with me. 8-)

American Voice
Oh, Haggis, I thought of this this afternoon, and I laughed out loud: you are such a smartass, you can sit on ice cream and tell what flavor it is!

Haggis McBagpipe
Not only that, but I can sit on a single cell and decode its DNA. I'm that good.

American Voice
I am not worthy!