Married, with Forum

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
If you are married or living with someone, how does your loved one feel about your time on the Internet?

For myself, we have a great old time because we have two computers in our small office. They sit side by side, and while I post to my forum my husband looks at sailboats... and more sailboats... and yet more sailboats, ad nauseum. He never seems to get sick of those sailboats, but then, I don't seem to get sick of forums (although I sure do sometimes, especially when they get weird, as all forums are wont to do on occasion).

The nice thing is, we can chat back and forth about the things we find/read. It's actually nicer than watching a movie together.

How do others handle this aspect of the time-wasting device called the Internet?

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
For the most part I only use the internet while I am at work, cause I am on computers all day. By the time I get home, I don't really want to look at a computer.

My husband doesn't use the computer too much, for business base info only. It is a one way chat room attitude, I tell him of some sites and stuff but for the most part it is strictly used for business. A couple of our friends have two computers set up so they can talk back and forth while 'surfing'. Even saying that, my god what a weird life we have now.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
I got addicted to this when my Dad was away on a vacation trip with my sister and her husband last month. I remember hours of sitting here laughing out loud. The political forums are a drag, but the games and the chat are wonderful. The nearest I have to a spouse is my Dad. I think he understands.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
It's a nice addiction. I think I'll keep it. :cool: As with all addictions, there are moments of madness, but so what. What would the world be without some madness?

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Yes, it calls for patience and understanding. It's a challenge sometimes, but aren't even the best of conventional relationships challenging, in the best of times? The problem here appears to be the absence of definite temporal and spatial cues. I relish it, with someone of mature social skills, as to how to make it work. Like Watson and Crick discovering the double-helix, and getting a medal from the king of Sweden.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Like Alcock and Brown flying across the pond and knighted by King Georgie! Like Edsel Ford developing the definitive motorcar... aahhh, right... never mind. :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Diamond Sun said:
Xendrick calls this forum my online girlfriend. He's only jelaous if I'm paying attention to this forum and he's being needy. Most of the time, he doesn't care much as it keeps me happy, which keeps him happy.

What does he do while you're on the forum?

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Geez what a buncha forum deadbeats! I am working on the selection for the bagpiper at the wedding. Any tips, anybody, on good choices? The bride will be piped down the aisle and the couple piped out again.

Tsk to you movie watchers. I think I will call it a night too, then!