CRAZY FRIENDS

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I know we all have people entering our lives from time to time, that are quite 'crazy'. Case in point, pea has up and left me for the weekend! We have a great shore for hiking along and we had planned to do this trip together!!! around the end of August, but nooo, she has to go ahead and do it without me. grrrr!!!!

"I have taken me and myself and my hiking boots out for a walk on the west coast trail. I intend on climbing precipitous ladders, wade some mud bogs,ride a few cable cars, scramble slippery ocean boulders, walk drift logs,race the tidal crossing on a sandstone shelf, skirt some surge channels,insert my body parts into the maws of carnivorous giant green sea ananomes,look at some shipwrecks, haul my ass up some rocky cliffs on pull ropes,
sleep on the beach, send you a message in a bottle. See you on Monday"

The women has balls, not many do this trail, ALONE! I hope she took her jug of bear spray! what a pea peapod is.

Anyone else have crazy friends or fiends!!!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Oh yes, I have some crazy friends, alright. One in particular, and we have had some pretty funny adventures together.

Every year at Christmas, a local hotel has a big charity event to raise money for the hospital. Well, my friend and I crashed the party one year just for the fun of it. We sneaked in and had a helluva fun time. Trouble is, he is a well-known doctor in this town and I, although much less well-known, was still known well enough... so we rather stood out like sore thumbs. Being recognized is why we weren't asked for our tickets, but that same recognition was also the thing that busted us big time.

Nobody said anything at the time, of course, but shortly afterwards we received polite letters from the Foundation requesting our 'donation'. :cool: And just to teach us a lesson, we weren't even offered a tax deduction.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Ouch, that was a little jab eh?

Well, a few of my friends are a little off the wall, but i love them all dearly. one incident comes to mind when off drinking with buddies down at a new local establishment. we drank, laughed, drank, laughed, now it was about 3 in the morning. so we walked over the the moored boats, realized there was the one that belonged to our employer, and boarded. discussed everything we could see (barely) and had ourselves a right good ol' time. then we realized there were shoes by the hatch. oops. we stole off quitely, hoping not to wake anyone, but no luck, as we hid behind a parked car they made their way out and peered around. we giggled/laughed ourselves silly.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
well, a certain pea and i have had a lot of adventures too! when i first met her we would take large shopping bags and mini-shovels, hang out at the local park. around dusk. not that we looked too obvious. then we would furiously start digging and stop when people came along with the comment, oh we are on our way to a birthday party and i lost my watch. yeah sure. oh well, it was the chase that was fun. she actually went into a traffic island and stole. i can't believe it. waited for the green and dove in. came out with her (no lie) prize dahlias. she still has them too.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I'm cracking up here, you guys are crazy as only coasters can be crazy. :cool:

My husband, a person who is certainly one of my crazier friends, and I used to spend Sunday mornings sitting on the rocks overlooking the water in Gibsons. We'd farm out the kid to Sunday School even though we weren't religious, for hey, it was free babysitting and that was the operative word in those days: free.

So, we'd sit on those rocks and drink a bottle of wine out of our little tin cups, and while we drank we would compose the note d'jour that would go in the emptied bottle that would then be tossed out to sea. They were masterpieces, those notes, and kept us in hysterics while writing them. I think we must have thrilled many a young child who later stumbled upon said bottles.

Now, of course, it would be politically incorrect to throw a bottle out to sea. However, it was sure necessary in those days. :cool:

outdoors

Jul 22, 2004
galianomama said:
I know we all have people entering our lives from time to time, that are quite 'crazy'. Case in point, pea has up and left me for the weekend! We have a great shore for hiking along and we had planned to do this trip together!!! around the end of August, but nooo, she has to go ahead and do it without me. grrrr!!!!

"I have taken me and myself and my hiking boots out for a walk on the west coast trail. I intend on climbing precipitous ladders, wade some mud bogs,ride a few cable cars, scramble slippery ocean boulders, walk drift logs,race the tidal crossing on a sandstone shelf, skirt some surge channels,insert my body parts into the maws of carnivorous giant green sea ananomes,look at some shipwrecks, haul my ass up some rocky cliffs on pull ropes,
sleep on the beach, send you a message in a bottle. See you on
Monday"

galianiomama that is pea. She tells me to meet her here thursday night at 6 and have some fun, and she takes a hike, without telling anybody. Not to worry, the trail has lots of other hikers, pea will hook up with others. Hope they like monty python songs, they won't when it is over. I know from first hand experience :cry: Lots to read here, have to catch up on the goings on.

The women has balls, not many do this trail, ALONE! I hope she took her jug of bear spray! what a pea peapod is.

Anyone else have crazy friends or fiends!!!

outdoors

Jul 22, 2004
galianiomama that is pea. She has been disappearing into the woods for years, probally has a book with her to. She tells me to meet her here thursday night at 6 and have some fun, and she takes a hike, without telling anybody. Not to worry, the trail has lots of other hikers, pea will hook up with others. Hope they like monty python songs, they won't when it is over. I know from first hand experience :) She really does send messages out in bottles, I have seen her do it. Lots to read here, so I can throw in my loonie.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
I have many many crazy friends. In fact, it is a pre-requisite that you must be crazy in order to be my friend.

My friend Des is my bestest craziest friend, we can do anything from bowling, to wine tasting, to bar hopping, to going to movies and it is guaranteed to be a crazy time. I mean, how many other mid 20's girls would go see "Elmo In Grouchland" at the theater, by themselves?

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
We would steal real estate signs.
Get drunk and make beer jello.
Fall down stairs.
Have sex in strange places. (trampolines and mud pits)
Wet Tshirt contests.
Moon people in passenger side of car.
Tip over sleeping cows.
Steal Road signs.
Strip polker
Light the road on fire.
Jump off bridges.
Go streaking nude through parks (summer or winter)

NOw that I am 25, and I have a 4 year old daughter. I need to lead onto a new and mature crazyiness...*ponders thoughtfully* Chapter 2...

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Mud pits? That is strange...

You really did cow tipping, I only ever heard about it.

We stole a stop sign from the corner of our street, I think my brother has it now on the wall of his apartment.

We also moved a Canada Post Mailbox onto our neighbours porch.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Yup :) Sneak into the feilds...some lay down..some stand...just run with all your might and heave em over...then run for you life, lol

Mud pits...yes...drunk at camping parties...pouring rain. Where else are you gunna do it? lol

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
[quoteLots to read here, so I can throw in my loonie.][/quote]

Hey outdoors - welcome!!

you must have a crazy story to share with us. i am sure there must be something you have encountered while being with pea that would be worth posting...or maybe not.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
I have this strange feeling that just the very act of being with pea is a story in itself.

that's an understatement.

if i were to tell you what we were up to today you wouldn't believe me anyhow. must be something to do with the air over here.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
well hag, charlie is one of our 'friends' that we take with us on trips now and again.

charlie will be better explained by pea, when she gets the pics on-line.

charlie is quite the character - to put it mildly. he likes to read, newspapers, books, anything that is handy. (personally, i think he has a bit of a paper fetish, but don't say anything). ((i haven't invited him to this board for that reason, i don't want him to see me posting stuff about him)).

anyways, charlie hangs out at the salvation army when we go there to do a 'mooch'. he hangs around in a lot of different places actually. but today, he decided to hitch a ride with us and head out for a few pics of our great island.

i like charlie, he is a no-nonsense kinda guy, man of a few words but has a definite stance. good traveler, never complains (not like that bitch pea) ((i can say that 'cause i know she is busy trying to post that pics)).