oddballs, crazies and contrarians

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by researchok

Heresy!!

Brown smarties=CHOCOLATE

OK, off to Runch (chinese)

Yes, I know, tacky, thoughtless and insensitive.

But you DID smile!

Yes I did, and then grimaced because I noticed my clever previous post failed because I had smilies set to 'off'. Okay, THIS is what you do with brown smarties:

javascript:emoticon('')

Diamond Sun
That looks like fun. Ever done it with a tupperware container full of frozen blueberries?

peapod
Thank you Diamond Sun that sounds like fun, now I am going to have to try that just to see what happens

Haggis McBagpipe
No! Never wanted to put food in it after blowing up the emoticon. Still smells pretty nasty.

Seriously, don't have a microwave. We used to but gave it to our daughter since we never used the thing except to make popcorn. Then we bought one of those cool stovetop popcorn poppers so that we could use a nice pure canola oil (and regulate the amount) instead of the hydrogenated fats found in microwave popcorn.

Diamond Sun
What ever happened to a hot air popper? Does no body use those anymore? With the little receptical to melt butter in. Tsk, my parents have the best one. But hubby and I just do the microwave popcorn now, which I think tastes sick. (Maybe because he's blowing up smilies in the microwave first though).

Another fun microwave explosion is to fill a bowl with water, break an egg into it, and nuke it for 5 mintues. The egg will explode quite dramatically. It's great fun! (Hey, try the egg and the blueberries together, you could probably call it art!)

Speaking of art, who is your favourite artist?

peapod
Diamond sun you must stop giving me ideas on how to entertain myself on a Saturday night, it sounds like lots of cleanup will be involved

Can you really have one favorite artist, it changes all the time. Right now I am very interested in Vermere. CBC is doing a 5 part documentary on him. Everything about him is a great mystery. His work well I don't really have the words to describe it. There are so many where do you start.

Diamond Sun
I particularily like John Revill right now. There's something about his work that is mysterious, and beautiful.

Who is your alltime favourite band...can you guess mine. My name is a big hint.

Haggis McBagpipe
Wow, you have a fine toy there, DS. I heard that some people - probably bachelors - dry their clothes in the thing. I've always wanted to put a whole egg in, still in the shell. I really wanted to find out what would happen. Now I won't ever even know, this is very sad if you think about it.

researchok
ZEE DOKTOR HAAS RETUUUURNED.

ZEE OFFICE IS NOW OPEN FOR ZOSE UF YOU ZAT NEED NEW SATUUURDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT.

peapod
Diamond sun what is the name of the band? I cannot figure it out. Why do you ask these deep and soul searching questions I would have to say Creedence clear water would be my all time favorite mostly because I know all the words to their songs. Just how many languages does researchok speak anyway? So far I have seen english, french, chinese and now german. He is very impressive.

Haggis McBagpipe

ZEE DOKTOR HAAS RETUUUURNED.

ZEE OFFICE IS NOW OPEN FOR ZOSE UF YOU ZAT NEED NEW SATUUURDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT.

Oh, Dr. Research, can you mend a broken heart?
Oh, Dr. Research, can you mend a broken heart?
Well, now my sweet little baby's gone and drove me crazy
And broke my heart in two
Oh, Dr. Research
Ain't there something you can do?
Well, I watch you on television every week
There ain't nothing you can't do
A post nasal drip to a dislocated hip
From lockjaw to the flu
Callin' Dr. Research, callin' OK Research
Callin' Dr. Research, callin' OK Research
Yes! Hey, Dr. Research, can you mend a broken heart?

(lyrics stolen from Calling Dr. Casey) (anyone actually remember that show?)

researchok
Vaguely remember the show-- I think it was on after my bedtime (thats what you get for maligning brown smarties).

As for mending a broken heart....well, how can you stop the rain from fallin down....how can you stop the sun from shining....what makes the world go round.

Good grief, Im quoting the bee gess like Id quote Nietsche.....

Stop!-- in the name of love....before you break my heart...

My momma told me, Id better shop around..

OK, Ill post now...

Haggis McBagpipe
My daddy done told me, you'd better stop driving that hot. rod. lincoln.

Geez, now you have me doing it!

researchok
listen-- you and hubby dont want me stuck in my hotel, all by myself, so lonelym humming Elvis...

Are you lonesome tonight.....are you lonesome tonight....

So, you guys HAVE to come out to dinner!

Haggis McBagpipe
My husband's* and my closest friends spend a good deal of time trying to convince us to stop being such an anti-social twosome and come see them more often. They have bruises from the brick wall they run up against. So you see what you're up against, Research.

(*Note that I said 'husband'. I hate, absolutely hate, the term 'hubby'. Everybody uses it, but it most spectacularly sucks.)

researchok
Hmmm

Im plotting now.....how to get you guys out....

We shall see....

Haggis McBagpipe

Hmmm

Im plotting now.....how to get you guys out....

We shall see....

You are up against some of the greatest minds in this town. They have failed. Miserably, I might add. We have a roster of Perfect Excuses for All Occasions. It is threadworn. Trust me, we are the Terrible Two, inseparable and really, quite unbearable. 8-)

researchok
My kind of people.

What if I offered to belly dance?

Haggis McBagpipe

My kind of people.

What if I offered to belly dance?

Okay, you've got me laughing, for sure.

researchok
Good-- laughing builds appetite.

What colour veils? Heavy or light jiggling?

Haggis McBagpipe

Good-- laughing builds appetite.

What colour veils? Heavy or light jiggling?

Hmm, what colour indeed. Blue, I think, I can tell it is a good colour on you, and I think a clever but distracting mix of heavy and light jiggling would be best. On the tabletop would be good, 'stop stop stop all the music give me time to breath'.

researchok
Wait till you see where my bells are.

Haggis McBagpipe
!! Stop it, I am kiling myself with the image!

Speaking of killing myself, I am sorry to say that I am going to have a hard time being a reasonable god.

Diamond Sun
I leave for a day and come back to this. Wowee.

And I do like CCR. I have their CD in my car right now....

peapod
Diamond sun are you rolling as you listen to it. Is proud mary in the car with you, if not she is down on the corner. Glad your back among the goddesses

researchok
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

I leave for a day and come back to this. Wowee.

And I do like CCR. I have their CD in my car right now....

Ahhh..Proud Mary

Travellin' tunes....

no new posts