On the prowl for some summer reading....

Diamond Sun
I'm always on the lookout for a good novel to sink into. Any recommendations out there?

LuShes
My two favorite books.. "Roots" by Alex Handley, and "Drum" not sure who wrote it.

Not exactly new novels though...

Haggis McBagpipe
Three great recent reads, all very different, all good:

Margaret Atwood's 'Oryx and Crake'

'How to be Good' by Nick Hornby

'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter' by Carson McCullers

~SexyBoi~
What about umm, Da Vinci code. By Dan Brown.

Good reading

EternalSunshine
Some of most recent books I read:

"Life of Pi" - Yann Martel (loved it!!!)

"Birth of Venus" - Sarah Dunant (pretty good: Firenze, renaissance, art, Savonarola, all through a story of a young woman)

"The Alchemist" - Paulo Coelho (good; having heard so much about I did expect more)

"Paula" and "Daughter of Fortune" - Isabel Allende (interesting and rather easy read, I really liked both)

Lisa
- The Secret History by Donna Tart

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of spare time to read, as i have to read novels and poems for my literature classes. There are some worth reading though - Wuthering Heights by Bronte, I love Jane Austen and Kate Chopin. I don't have time for those new novels, which is quite a pity.

American Voice
Caroline Alexander is a mesmerizing story teller. Take a look at "The Endurance," which includes many of the expedition photographs taken by Frank Hurley. Her more recent book is "The Bounty." I'd read anything of hers, her style is very good.

Dingbat
Well if you are into those big philosophical reads, I suggest Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It may be a bit tedious though to the average reader but it's enlightening nevertheless.