Curiousity. Who here is bilingual?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I speak English, French and German. Although my french is currently being worked on with a course, I'll surely be fluent again after I've completed this course. (j'ai parlé français parisien quand j'avais 15 ans.)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Ok, so maybe pig latin will make you bilingual, can you speak it fluently?

Profanity! I should have added that to my list of languages too! (Actually, my favourite profanity is in German, LOL.. Every other word I hear in Germany is scheiße!).

No seriously though, it has been a great help being trilingual. German got me by in Germany. French sort of helped me in Quebec, but not really... strange, I thought I'd pick up on Quebecois being a french speaker myself, didnt ever happen LOL.

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
i am too bilingual. it is no use here in canada, however i speak english and danish. so officially i am bilingual as in i speaking two languages, but i am not bilingual in the sense that most canadians think. ofcourse, i can also understand and speak some swedish and norwegian.

i have lived in canada for a large part of my life, so i never use those languages at all... rarely with my family also.

Administration

Administrator
Mar 24, 2002
Montreal
svenska posted:

Posted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: Curiousity. Who here is bilingual?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only bits and pieces of about 6 languages.

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
hi ;) hmm.. I can speak bout lots of languages =\
Italian, Dutch, English, Russian, Bit Israelian.. probably the name Hebrew.. :? Or somethin, Arabic, Spanish, Bit German, Catalan..
And learning Chinese and Japanese at the moment.. lol

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Wow, JDream. Ik war niet bewuest u 8 talen kunst spreken!

I didn't know you can speak so many languages! As you can see, I'm trying to work on my Dutch.

Du weißt aber daß ich Deutsches verstehen kann :)

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hey,

I am a Dutch student of English, but that does not say that i am billingual. Billingual means that you are equally well in both languages. This however is very difficult as you always choose one language over another. I am dutch and have always been. I am a student of English and therefore speak English very well. My parents live in Germany and i therefore also speak German on a regular basis. Besides my boyfriend has lived in brussels where we spoke French.