Top 10 Reasons Why Alberta Sucks


B00Mer
#1
Created in the year 2000.. but still holds true today in many ways.

1. Albertans tend to be insufferably smug about their relative wealth
compared to other prairie provinces. They refuse to acknowledge the fact
that this wealth is entirely due to historical accident: they stole better
land from the Indians than we did. They tend instead to arrogently
attribute this good fortune to their wisdom and virtue, especially in
their choice of political leadership, never acknowledging that Mao himself
couldn't bankrupt this province.

2. Albertans don't seem to give a **** about the second-largest income
disparity in the country, which implies that the riches they enjoy are
being distributed only to a chosen elite on the backs of the people who
actually do the work.

3. Alberta is home to a variety of vulgar Marxist ideology that has
infected many modern liberal democracies: the notion that the only thing
that defines "the good" for individuals or society is material comfort
(are you listening, Todd?). One effect of this ideology is that it
collapses all discussion of public policy to those "solutions" which are
"cheapest", leaving aside all other considerations. This leaves society
open to the tyranny of technocrats and bureaucrats, rather than responding
to the will of the public.

4. Ralph Klein was elected by the elite of Alberta and their middle class
ass kissers. This makes those Albertans who voted him in complicit in his
program of destroying Canada from within. He is far more of a threat to
Canadian soverignty than Bouchard. His plans for Medicare in Alberta will
open the door (via NAFTA) to HMO's from the US, a health care sustem which
is vastly inferior to Canada's by any measure (except perhaps its level of
service to the rich). Klein resembles Castro in dealing with dissent. His
efforts to silence researchers and academics who disagree with his
policies is documented fact. In short, Klein should have his nuts ripped
off with a rusty scalpel and shoved up his ass, then his dead carcass
shipped to the US for medical research in cosmetic surgery.

5. Alberta is the crucible for this political transformation:
KKK --> National Socialism --> SoCred --> Reform. Can you say Keegstra?

6. Ever notice the Alberta solution to poverty is remarkably similar to
the one in use in the USA? In the US, poverty is exported to other
countries. Wealth is compounded by active violent repression outside the
US with the purpose of keeping labor and resources cheap for domestic
consumers. Alberta literally exports its poor to other provinces, who are
then forced to overburden the social services in their new places of
residence. A reciprocal response would be to deny access to social
services to any former resident of Alberta, but of course nobody in the
other provinces has yet descended to this level of inhumanity.

7. How about privatization? Albertans love privatization. Consider,
however, the ramifications of a privatized army owned by, say, Microsoft,
capable of overthrowing the legitmate government of your country. Sounds
farfetched, doesn't it? Not so. Ranger Oil, a company based in Edmonton,
has employed a private army called Executive Outcomes staffed and trained
by former Afrikkaner torturers and terrorists from South Africa, with the
express purpose of forcibly taking African oil from its rightful owners.
Alberta can claim ownership of the establishment of the concept of the
corporate-owned army to Canada. Yippee.

8. The Albertan tends to like myths, particluarly the "Everything Is
Cheaper in Alberta Because We Don't Have Sales Tax" myth. Of course, the
funding generated in most jurisdictions by sales tax has been replaced by
user fees in Alberta. The average middle class person, who pays the
biggest share of taxes outside of Alberta also pays the biggest share of
user fees inside Alberta. Studies have shown that the actual cost to users
of public services does not decrease when user fees are included. In
short, your net pay in Alberta (or the USA) winds up to be about the same
as it is here.

9. The Daishowa - Lubicon dispute represents yet another Alberta-spawned
attack on the rights of Canadians. For a while (until a sane Federal judge
overturned it) an Alberta injunction actually made it illegal to advocate
a boycott of a company's products in public. This battle isn't over,
though. Daishowa has deep pockets.

10. The quintessential Alberta experience is a visit to Calgary. Tons of
stuff to buy, but the culture consists of a dull robotic death march
toward the dollar sign.

source (external - login to view)

 
MHz
#2
You lose your resident status or what??

1. Albertans tend to be insufferably smug about their relative wealth
compared to other prairie provinces. They refuse to acknowledge the fact
that this wealth is entirely due to historical accident: they stole better
land from the Indians than we did. They tend instead to arrogently
attribute this good fortune to their wisdom and virtue, especially in
their choice of political leadership, never acknowledging that Mao himself
couldn't bankrupt this province.

No so at all, the ones that came in from out of Province can piss it away just as fast as a native Albertan.


2. Albertans don't seem to give a **** about the second-largest income
disparity in the country, which implies that the riches they enjoy are
being distributed only to a chosen elite on the backs of the people who
actually do the work.

The carbon tax rebate states that 60% of Albertans get a full refund. That means 60% of Albertans make less than $60K. How does that compare to other Provinces. How many of these new jobs are pipeline related so 5 years is about all it will last.

3. Alberta is home to a variety of vulgar Marxist ideology that has
infected many modern liberal democracies: the notion that the only thing
that defines "the good" for individuals or society is material comfort
(are you listening, Todd?). One effect of this ideology is that it
collapses all discussion of public policy to those "solutions" which are
"cheapest", leaving aside all other considerations. This leaves society
open to the tyranny of technocrats and bureaucrats, rather than responding
to the will of the public.

I would suggest that is the traits that came in from the outside once the rest of the nation had been brought under control there were only the outposts to overtake. What could go wrong??

4. Ralph Klein was elected by the elite of Alberta and their middle class
ass kissers. This makes those Albertans who voted him in complicit in his
program of destroying Canada from within. He is far more of a threat to
Canadian soverignty than Bouchard. His plans for Medicare in Alberta will
open the door (via NAFTA) to HMO's from the US, a health care sustem which
is vastly inferior to Canada's by any measure (except perhaps its level of
service to the rich). Klein resembles Castro in dealing with dissent. His
efforts to silence researchers and academics who disagree with his
policies is documented fact. In short, Klein should have his nuts ripped
off with a rusty scalpel and shoved up his ass, then his dead carcass
shipped to the US for medical research in cosmetic surgery.

Social experiment to show even an idiot can't stop a ball that is in motion. His undoing was using a handi-cap parking stall. Pissed away millions and Albertan's threw his whole party under a bus over a parking stall. Most imports forget to leave their closets behind. If you want the same old, same old, why move in the 1st place.

5. Alberta is the crucible for this political transformation:
KKK --> National Socialism --> SoCred --> Reform. Can you say Keegstra?

??? How about somebody else gets to tie your bungee cord?? Trust Your Neighbor Day.



6. Ever notice the Alberta solution to poverty is remarkably similar to
the one in use in the USA? In the US, poverty is exported to other
countries. Wealth is compounded by active violent repression outside the
US with the purpose of keeping labor and resources cheap for domestic
consumers. Alberta literally exports its poor to other provinces, who are
then forced to overburden the social services in their new places of
residence. A reciprocal response would be to deny access to social
services to any former resident of Alberta, but of course nobody in the
other provinces has yet descended to this level of inhumanity.

The wealth exported back 'home' by the 'migrant workers' is a much better deal for Albertans than having the whole family move in as that is how many are being supported by one worker in the family.

7. How about privatization? Albertans love privatization. Consider,
however, the ramifications of a privatized army owned by, say, Microsoft,
capable of overthrowing the legitmate government of your country. Sounds
farfetched, doesn't it? Not so. Ranger Oil, a company based in Edmonton,
has employed a private army called Executive Outcomes staffed and trained
by former Afrikkaner torturers and terrorists from South Africa, with the
express purpose of forcibly taking African oil from its rightful owners.
Alberta can claim ownership of the establishment of the concept of the
corporate-owned army to Canada. Yippee.

Thugs for hire in other words?? You seem surprised, I've known for some time the Govt of Ab doesn't lay claim to holding any moral high ground. Still,a bit of a backbone would be nice considering the money that is involved.

8. The Albertan tends to like myths, particluarly the "Everything Is
Cheaper in Alberta Because We Don't Have Sales Tax" myth. Of course, the
funding generated in most jurisdictions by sales tax has been replaced by
user fees in Alberta. The average middle class person, who pays the
biggest share of taxes outside of Alberta also pays the biggest share of
user fees inside Alberta. Studies have shown that the actual cost to users
of public services does not decrease when user fees are included. In
short, your net pay in Alberta (or the USA) winds up to be about the same
as it is here.

Until the GST what you saw on the sticker is what you paid at the till. Even then it was $2.99 or $4.99 rather than $3 or $5. It didn't mean anything more/less than that. However, it is an advantage to buy online from a company based in Alberta is it not?? What about being north of the northern tax allowance line??

9. The Daishowa - Lubicon dispute represents yet another Alberta-spawned
attack on the rights of Canadians. For a while (until a sane Federal judge
overturned it) an Alberta injunction actually made it illegal to advocate
a boycott of a company's products in public. This battle isn't over,
though. Daishowa has deep pockets.

Don't know enought about it to comment on it.

10. The quintessential Alberta experience is a visit to Calgary. Tons of
stuff to buy, but the culture consists of a dull robotic death march
toward the dollar sign.


Only during stampede week and then the Albertans fade into the background for another full year. Broadband messed that part all up.lol
 
Bar Sinister
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

You lose your resident status or what??

1. Albertans tend to be insufferably smug about their relative wealth
compared to other prairie provinces. They refuse to acknowledge the fact
that this wealth is entirely due to historical accident: they stole better
land from the Indians than we did. They tend instead to arrogently
attribute this good fortune to their wisdom and virtue, especially in
their choice of political leadership, never acknowledging that Mao himself
couldn't bankrupt this province.

No so at all, the ones that came in from out of Province can piss it away just as fast as a native Albertan.


2. Albertans don't seem to give a **** about the second-largest income
disparity in the country, which implies that the riches they enjoy are
being distributed only to a chosen elite on the backs of the people who
actually do the work.

The carbon tax rebate states that 60% of Albertans get a full refund. That means 60% of Albertans make less than $60K. How does that compare to other Provinces. How many of these new jobs are pipeline related so 5 years is about all it will last.

3. Alberta is home to a variety of vulgar Marxist ideology that has
infected many modern liberal democracies: the notion that the only thing
that defines "the good" for individuals or society is material comfort
(are you listening, Todd?). One effect of this ideology is that it
collapses all discussion of public policy to those "solutions" which are
"cheapest", leaving aside all other considerations. This leaves society
open to the tyranny of technocrats and bureaucrats, rather than responding
to the will of the public.

I would suggest that is the traits that came in from the outside once the rest of the nation had been brought under control there were only the outposts to overtake. What could go wrong??

4. Ralph Klein was elected by the elite of Alberta and their middle class
ass kissers. This makes those Albertans who voted him in complicit in his
program of destroying Canada from within. He is far more of a threat to
Canadian soverignty than Bouchard. His plans for Medicare in Alberta will
open the door (via NAFTA) to HMO's from the US, a health care sustem which
is vastly inferior to Canada's by any measure (except perhaps its level of
service to the rich). Klein resembles Castro in dealing with dissent. His
efforts to silence researchers and academics who disagree with his
policies is documented fact. In short, Klein should have his nuts ripped
off with a rusty scalpel and shoved up his ass, then his dead carcass
shipped to the US for medical research in cosmetic surgery.

Social experiment to show even an idiot can't stop a ball that is in motion. His undoing was using a handi-cap parking stall. Pissed away millions and Albertan's threw his whole party under a bus over a parking stall. Most imports forget to leave their closets behind. If you want the same old, same old, why move in the 1st place.

5. Alberta is the crucible for this political transformation:
KKK --> National Socialism --> SoCred --> Reform. Can you say Keegstra?

??? How about somebody else gets to tie your bungee cord?? Trust Your Neighbor Day.



6. Ever notice the Alberta solution to poverty is remarkably similar to
the one in use in the USA? In the US, poverty is exported to other
countries. Wealth is compounded by active violent repression outside the
US with the purpose of keeping labor and resources cheap for domestic
consumers. Alberta literally exports its poor to other provinces, who are
then forced to overburden the social services in their new places of
residence. A reciprocal response would be to deny access to social
services to any former resident of Alberta, but of course nobody in the
other provinces has yet descended to this level of inhumanity.

The wealth exported back 'home' by the 'migrant workers' is a much better deal for Albertans than having the whole family move in as that is how many are being supported by one worker in the family.

7. How about privatization? Albertans love privatization. Consider,
however, the ramifications of a privatized army owned by, say, Microsoft,
capable of overthrowing the legitmate government of your country. Sounds
farfetched, doesn't it? Not so. Ranger Oil, a company based in Edmonton,
has employed a private army called Executive Outcomes staffed and trained
by former Afrikkaner torturers and terrorists from South Africa, with the
express purpose of forcibly taking African oil from its rightful owners.
Alberta can claim ownership of the establishment of the concept of the
corporate-owned army to Canada. Yippee.

Thugs for hire in other words?? You seem surprised, I've known for some time the Govt of Ab doesn't lay claim to holding any moral high ground. Still,a bit of a backbone would be nice considering the money that is involved.

8. The Albertan tends to like myths, particluarly the "Everything Is
Cheaper in Alberta Because We Don't Have Sales Tax" myth. Of course, the
funding generated in most jurisdictions by sales tax has been replaced by
user fees in Alberta. The average middle class person, who pays the
biggest share of taxes outside of Alberta also pays the biggest share of
user fees inside Alberta. Studies have shown that the actual cost to users
of public services does not decrease when user fees are included. In
short, your net pay in Alberta (or the USA) winds up to be about the same
as it is here.

Until the GST what you saw on the sticker is what you paid at the till. Even then it was $2.99 or $4.99 rather than $3 or $5. It didn't mean anything more/less than that. However, it is an advantage to buy online from a company based in Alberta is it not?? What about being north of the northern tax allowance line??

9. The Daishowa - Lubicon dispute represents yet another Alberta-spawned
attack on the rights of Canadians. For a while (until a sane Federal judge
overturned it) an Alberta injunction actually made it illegal to advocate
a boycott of a company's products in public. This battle isn't over,
though. Daishowa has deep pockets.

Don't know enought about it to comment on it.

10. The quintessential Alberta experience is a visit to Calgary. Tons of
stuff to buy, but the culture consists of a dull robotic death march
toward the dollar sign.


Only during stampede week and then the Albertans fade into the background for another full year. Broadband messed that part all up.lol

Yep - all of those right wing characteristics are why Albertans elected the NDP. Don't condemn every Albertan simply because of the actions of a series to arrogant PC premiers going all the way back to Peter Lougheed.
 
B00Mer
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Yep - all of those right wing characteristics are why Albertans elected the NDP. Don't condemn every Albertan simply because of the actions of a series to arrogant PC premiers going all the way back to Peter Lougheed.

They elected NDP by accident.. it was a Protest vote and it went to far..

Albertan are so stupid they snookered themselves.
 
captain morgan
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

They elected NDP by accident.. it was a Protest vote and it went to far..

Albertan are so stupid they snookered themselves.

'Albertan' as in all one of 'em?

Youse gots more gooder english dere pal
 
B00Mer
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

'Albertan' as in all one of 'em?

Youse gots more gooder english dere pal

Grammar Nazi
 
captain morgan
+1
#7  Top Rated Post
Just thought that it was applicable as you were making so much noise that almost sounded as if you were smart
 
B00Mer
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Just thought that it was applicable as you were making so much noise that almost sounded as if you were smart

OMG I missed putting an "S" on the end of Albertans..

You obviously understood what I meant, otherwise you would have shit your pants over it..
 
captain morgan
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

OMG I missed putting an "S" on the end of Albertans..

You obviously understood what I meant, otherwise you would have shit your pants over it..

The meaning of ' ' marks totally eludes you, doesn't it?
 
B00Mer
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

The meaning of ' ' marks totally eludes you, doesn't it?

' '
 
no new posts