The 12 jobs most at risk of being replaced by robots

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The 12 jobs most at risk of being replaced by robots

(Above, photo of Eagle hard at work)

The CEO of Taco Bell's parent company said Tuesday that machines could replace human workers in 10 years.

"I don't think it is going to happen next year or the year after, but I do believe that probably by the mid '20s to the late '20s, you'll start to see a dramatic change in sort of how machines run the world," Greg Creed, CEO of Yum Brands, told CNBC.

Yum owns a handful of fast-food companies including KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

The fast-food industry is already using technology to supplement or replace human workers through the use of tablets and smartphone apps that allow customers to order their food without interacting with any employees.

But robots and "smart" computers aren't just threatening the jobs of fast-food workers.

They could replace up to half the US workforce within the next decade or two, according to an Oxford University study from 2013.

The study identified more than 700 occupations at risk of computer automation.

Here are the jobs that are most at risk, based on the study.

source

[youtube]MVWayhNpHr0[/youtube]

[youtube]J5MLvHvITvg[/youtube]

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup, and then when humans are redundant, do you think the ruling elite are going to let them just hang around. They won't have any use for people anymore. Off to the extermination camps we go.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yup, and then when humans are redundant, do you think the ruling elite are going to let them just hang around. They won't have any use for people anymore. Off to the extermination camps we go.
You first .

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I went to a McDonalds and attempted to use a computer to order. No luck. I couldn't quite get what I wanted. After a few minutes I left. There are still people cooking in the back. Apparently, they bring your order to your table, but I was after something quick to go. No loss. I've never been a McDonalds fan, and won't be going back.

AR15s are always injunction proof.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

They're going to get you Cliffy!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Never underestimate the human factor. I really can't see a robot replacing your friendly neighbourhood barkeep and robots lack the personality for face to face face interaction.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

They're going to get you Cliffy!
I imagine most robots will be conservatives and say the same shyt over and over again.

I went to a McDonalds and attempted to use a computer to order. No luck. I couldn't quite get what I wanted. After a few minutes I left. There are still people cooking in the back. Apparently, they bring your order to your table, but I was after something quick to go. No loss. I've never been a McDonalds fan, and won't be going back.

AR15s are always injunction proof.
I tried to get me a strawberry milk shake at the QT awhile back and the girl said I had to use this damn touch screen thing. I asked the girl, you mean you can't just sell me a shake? I just left and went to Jack in the Box.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Not in the hands of chickenhawks like you.
riiiight
the pellet gun kid is talkin all tuff again
without your gun you ain't even a man
:)
come get some fukk face

even with a gun you are not even a man

I do have a couple of them myself, nice big ones with small mags, because I can actually hit things with the first round...
But as usual with you gun needers - I won't need one for you

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
gawd damned if he can get the plastic off the hamburg without a bayonet
and a helper
;)
and a gun

lawyers will be the first thing the robots eat

"That's right folks, robots that consume organic matter to power themselves. Scared yet? You should be. Your pants should be full right now. If not, more fiber.
This particular model is a flytrap that digests insects to power a cock."
Finally, robots that digest meat -- because that's what I want in the house. So let me get this straight: you're a robot AND YOU EAT MEAT. Welcome home!

http://geekologie.com/2009/06/carnivorous-robots-eat-meat-fo.php
see ya T baby

Last edited: