'The way I look at it, that’s another piece of trash off the street': Man shoots, kil

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'The way I look at it, that’s another piece of trash off the street': Man shoots, kills teen in possible hate crime
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:04 PM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:12 PM EST
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Police in West Virginia have accused a 62-year-old white man of killing a black 15-year-old after they bumped into each other and exchanged words, and a federal official says the case is under review as a possible federal hate crime.
A complaint signed by Charleston Police Detective C.C. Lioi says William Pulliam, confessed, showed no remorse and told police, “The way I look at it, that’s another piece of trash off the street.”
Lioi’s statement says Pulliam left the scene after the shooting to go have dinner and then visit a friend. A revolver was found at the friend’s house.
Police haven’t identified the victim, but his mother, Nafia Adkins, told the Charleston Gazette-Mail it was her son, James Means.
Pulliam was arraigned on a murder charge and jailed Tuesday, court officials said. He has requested a court-appointed lawyer.
According to city police, the teen was shot Monday evening at an intersection and taken by ambulance to a Charleston hospital, where he was pronounced dead from two gunshot wounds.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Steve Ruby said authorities are in the early stages of reviewing whether the shooting falls within the federal hate crimes statute for killing someone because of their race or colour.
Nafia Adkins told the newspaper that people in the community shouldn’t hold grudges and leave the investigation of her son’s death to authorities.
“We know that justice is going to succeed in this matter,” she said.
In the criminal complaint, witnesses told Lioi that the teen and Pulliam bumped into each other in front of the store, where they exchanged words. Pulliam went inside and Means sat down on a nearby porch with friends. When Pulliam later walked past them, the verbal exchange resumed and the teen crossed the street to confront the man and was shot.
Pulliam told WCHS-TV in an interview at the jail that he felt threatened by the teenager and his friends, that he shot in self-defence and that race had nothing to do with it. He denied giving the statement that investigators attributed to him.
William Pulliam allegedly show and killed a 15-year-old black teen in Charleston, West Virginia. (Screen Capture)

'The way I look at it, that’s another piece of trash off the street': Man shoots

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Details here are too sketchy to comment. The only thing I question is the 'hate crimes' part of it. A shooting is a shooting. Shooting another person without cause is a crime. Period. The results of said shooting are the same regardless of what race/color the victim is. I believe the law should apply for the shooting, NOT for the reason it was done.
I think that putting an emphasis on 'hate' crime promotes racism.
If a white man shoots his white neighbor because he hates him, would it be called a hate crime?

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Details here are too sketchy to comment. The only thing I question is the 'hate crimes' part of it. A shooting is a shooting. Shooting another person without cause is a crime. Period. The results of said shooting are the same regardless of what race/color the victim is. I believe the law should apply for the shooting, NOT for the reason it was done.
If a white man shoots his white neighbor because he hates him, would it be called a hate crime?
That is just another trigger-happy American. I hope he gets locked up for the rest of his life among people the like of him, so that he may enjoy their company.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Right there the whole idea of race based hate begins to break down.
What we have here with racism, is an excuse to chastise the poor hateful unwashed so they can be levered into a global dictatorship.

The money men behind ww2 hated christians ...they killed some 70 million of them...ever hear about that?
(just an example...I am not a so called christian myself)

One just has to observe the muslim hate in the general media when the US wants to go to war:
hate...hate...hate...non stop...
except when it comes to accepting the refugees created by that war...
then its oooo... watch out for your neighbors...

they may be terrorists

more then half the black fetuses in new york are aborted...
anyone recognize hate when they see it?

its all divide and conqure

Last edited: