EH!! UK still has Canada.. EH!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtYlkwR8lM

I always thought that Canada is a self-governing nation with the Sovereign of the United Kingdom as a (ceremonial) Head of State.

The Prime Minister, actually directs the governing of the country.

It's an unfortunate impression that Canada is not a self-governing country, and is subservient to to the UK.. particularity from those pesky Limey's that still think the UK is relevant on the world stage.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I am so old that I am one of the last people who were taught Canadian history and our form of government?

The very last. I remember my grandfather saying he wanted to learn about Canadian history but his teacher said nope sorry, Frankiedoodle was the last one. He was right in line after you. They just gave him an onion and a train ticket to Toronto. He sold that onion and got a transfer to Edmonton, which was only 11 miles outside of Toronto at the time. Due to my grandfather having never learned anything about Canadian history, Edmonton ended up in Alberta, where it remains to this very day.

What became of the onion we never found out. But there were rumours that the onion got a ticket on the Titantic, which was leaving from New York to Frankfurter. At the time Frankfurter was called Frankfurter and was changed to Weinertown after the war, on account of Hitler's maiden name being Weinertown. It was also on the Atlantic coast of France back then. Again, due to Frankiedoodle being the last to learn Canadian history, the Titanic sank on its way to Europe, but now we say it sank on its way to America. Was it an iceberg that sunk it? Or was it the onion my grandfather sold? No one will ever know because we don't learn Canadian history anymore.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And they sang, oooooh Frankieee!

Frankie dooooodle

The lastmuthafukkaontheplanetwholearned about Canadian historeeeeeeee

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Corduroy, you have convinced me that I need to share my knowledge of Canadian, be prepared for a series of primers that I will begin momentarily. Oh, do much to say and so little time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Corduroy, you have convinced me that I need to share my knowledge of Canadian, be prepared for a series of primers that I will begin momentarily. Oh, do much to say and so little time.

Is this the level of writing we can expect when you share your knowledge.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You economy will take a decade to get over BREXIT... :lol: