YUCK! McDonald’s Finally Admits What’s In Their Burgers

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

We’ve all heard rumors about the disgusting things McDonald’s puts into their food. From the pink slime to the mechanically separated meat, the fast food restaurant is finally admitting to what’s actually in their food, after mounting skepticism continues to rise.

To combat their critics, the fast food chain has launched a PR campaign called “Our food. Your Questions.” to give customers an unprecedented look at exactly how their food is made.

While the company denies they use “pink slime” in their burgers, there are some questionable other ingredients that will make you shake your head. For instance, the company admits to using the chemical additive azodicarbonamide in their buns, which is the same substance found in yoga mats.

But the company insists that adding rubber to the food is quite safe:

“There are varied uses for azodicarbonamide, including in some non-food products, such as yoga mats. As a result, some people have suggested our food contains rubber or plastic, or that the ingredient is unsafe. It’s simply not the case. Think of salt: the salt you use in your food at home is a variation of the salt you may use to de-ice your sidewalk. The same is true of ADA — it can be used in different ways.”​

The company also admits to using dimethylpolysiloxane in their food, which is used as an anti-foaming agent in their McNugget frying oil.

Chief brand manager insists that customers should “not judge us before you know us.”

Anyone that’s watched “Super Size Me” knows the toll that this kind of “food” can have on your health. Just take a look around the next time you enter a McDonald’s, and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

While they claim these yoga-mat buns are safe for consumption, I think I’ll stick with eating whole foods.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Just because a chemical is used in yoga mats doesn't make it bad for food.

Some plastic bags are made with corn starch, are you going to kill yourself over that?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
100 percent beef:
Obviously hooves, horns, noses, eyeballs, and tail feathers...
I suppose they may also feed the cows astroturf to save money:
that would explain the yoga mat material

say, how many sets of lips does a cow have?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yes I do, please tell me.
well, certainly not cheese
its called cheese food, so like dog or cat food, one might guess its stuff one might feed to cheese...

...I'm more interested in the tail feathers....
In that case it might be best to get your burgers in a peeler bar
because I am told they look and taste better with the peelings removed

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
My point was, if you're going to demonize one ingredient because it's used in something else, prepare to starve, because water is in an awful lot of things.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
People railing against processed foods need to be honest. There are plenty of things involved that cause you concern but saying something is bad because it's used in yoga mats is only a rhetorical trick to frighten the easily confused. I don't know anything about that azodicarbonamide, but the fact that's it's used in yoga mats is not relevant to whether it's dangerous to consume or not.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
they don't say weather the yoga mats are new or used....
just the thought that a hot sweated on by hairy fat people yoga mat could get made into food is somewhat offputting