Satirical Anti-Safe-Space Publication ‘Crosses the “Free Speech” Line’

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
dem triggers

The American Civil Liberties Union is suing the University of California San Diego after administrators and the student government cut funding for the student press in retaliation for a controversial article published by the satirical paper, The Koala.

The ACLU’s legal filing quotes extensively from university officials’ correspondence and Bias Incident Report Forms submitted by offended students, providing insight into the attitudes toward free speech on UCSD’s campus.

Last November, The Koala poked fun at PC culture in an article entitled “UCSD Unveils New Dangerous Space on Campus,” using racial epithets and mocking trigger warnings and safe spaces. It discusses the creation of a so-called “dangerous space” to accommodate “individuals who do not like feeling safe . . . continuing the university’s theme of inclusion and equality.”

mo

UCSD Official: Satirical Publication "Crosses the ‘Free Speech’ Line"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It's a "delicate operation" to apply the choke after the start, newspeak filled world we live in. Was Orwell from another planet or was he able to see the near? Damned if I know or can ever understand, hasn't this been a peculiar couple of centuries?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
PC culture is retarded but this article takes it too far by stating such. What an ironic paradox.

Oh, by retarded I don't mean to denigrate actual mentally disadvantaged people. They can't help their situation and I have found they work really hard to get by in life where as PC people are much stupider and lazy and entitled.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
PC culture is retarded but this article takes it too far by stating such. What an ironic paradox.

Oh, by retarded I don't mean to denigrate actual mentally disadvantaged people. They can't help their situation and I have found they work really hard to get by in life where as PC people are much stupider and lazy and entitled.

My observation as well. Those labled as retarded often seem to be more productive than the average politician or climate scientist or President. They work hard they get a hard days pay.