“Caucasians” T-Shirt triggering the easily triggered

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Bomani Jones has spent his morning co-hosting ESPN’s Mike & Mike in place of Mike Golic, and he has been trending on Twitter as a result of it. But it’s not because of anything that Jones—the host of ESPN’s The Right Time—actually said during the show. Instead, it’s because of the T-shirt that he chose to wear during his Mike & Mike appearance. Here it is:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/718061769298735105/photo/1

Bomani Jones Wore a “Caucasians� T-Shirt on ESPN That Got a Strong Reaction on Twitter | Complex CA

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I am very ashamed of it but it is getting that when I go into a store, I count the number of Caucasians that are working. People are people and it should make no difference whether they are white, or green.
Now I cannot remember if it was a friends grandchild or one of mind who ended up standing beside an African American child. My grandchild said "I like your skin".
I have a lot to learn from little ones.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I am very ashamed of it but it is getting that when I go into a store, I count the number of Caucasians that are working. People are people and it should make no difference whether they are white, or green.
Now I cannot remember if it was a friends grandchild or one of mind who ended up standing beside an African American child. My grandchild said "I like your skin".
I have a lot to learn from little ones.

Must be lovely living with all that progressive guilt and shame.

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
Also responsible for the sinking of the Titanic, the Black Plague, the Boer War, the Battle of Vimy ridge and the plague of locusts. Also me not being able to find a pen this afternoon.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's a stupid shirt. Not really offended by it, just think it's stupid.

In an equally stupid display, the New Jersey Devils have submitted a request to the NHL to formally change their name to the New Jersey Angels staring in the 2016-17 season, in an effort to give the game a more "family friendly" atmosphere and citing the attributes of angels as something to strive for or some bullsh*t.

Maybe they figured they were offending "good" Christians who would otherwise attend their hockey games or something. lol

Last edited: