An Evening With the “Rape Me First, Kill Me Last” Crowd

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“Leaving the house was my first mistake.”

That’s an old running gag on my blog (along with “Apartheid: Was it all bad?” and “Journalists: Your moral and intellectual superiors!”). It’s not just that I’m a demi-agoraphobic introvert with palsied social skills. It’s that when I do go out, the “out” I go into is Toronto.

Although maybe your city is no different, especially if it has too many universities (that is, more than zero). Quiz: Are you outnumbered by spindly, bike-riding beta males sporting skinny pants, fake “distressed” “vintage” shirts, and giant purses? Do over half the women possess tattoos on their ill-advisedly visible upper arms, along with Manic Panic hair and what the Château calls “problem glasses”?

The prospect of being trapped in a building with thousands of them curdled my stomach, but the reason for doing so was irresistible: I’d been given a batch of VIP tickets to see welterweight right-wingers Mark Steyn and Nigel Farage at a glamorous-by-Toronto-standards downtown “do.”

“As I write this, 48 hours later, I have finally calmed down.”

Unfortunately, said event was a “debate”(?!) about the Muslim “refugee” “crisis,” and the “cons’” (in both senses) pro-invasion opponents were two smug, speakers-circuit windbags: historian and apparently inoperable BBC tumor Simon Schama—imagine Dr. Pretorious from The Bride of Frankenstein impersonating a gay epileptic rooster traversing hot asphalt—and Louise Arbour, one of those dim, dumpy “world-famous in Canada” sorts who are especially unimpressive whenever they happen to be, as in her case, “Kay-BECK-erz.” This human chafing dish for received liberal wisdom has received so many “honors” and “awards” that one friend I’d brought along said he half expected that, mid-debate, someone would walk out on stage and hand her a new one.

Worse, the Toronto audience—those beta males, above, and their “problem glasses” “partners”—would overwhelmingly represent the Schama/Arbour side: modern Mrs. Jellybys, those “refugee”-loving, “rape me first, kill me last” types who reflexively favor foreigners over their own.

Now, I’m forever blasting such smug snobs for never exposing themselves to even the mildest of opposing ideas, or to individuals outside their class and cohort, except to mock them. Yet how, I asked myself, was I any better, unless I too occasionally dared to venture beyond my own ideological comfort zone?
Well, hell.

rest of this beauty column:

An Evening With the “Rape Me First, Kill Me Last� Crowd - Taki's Magazine

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
The whole idea of Islam, is its justified by God to hate and kill anything none Islamist. Very problematic.

As far as I'm conserned, Catholics don't have a God given agenda to go kill everything none Catholic.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Naw they found that making the cash beats killin folks

You seen it here first, folks.

Better a bunch of bankers, then a bunch of murderers.
When you have to read a other, bankers is the root of all evil post.

When you don't know the struggles.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I agree with the article completely. There's nothing like a fools paradise ... um well, wasn't that a bad choice of words LOL

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nigel Farage is a legend. He just says it as it is, which is a breath of fresh air in this era of being ruled by a smug, arrogant, left-wing, kale-pesto-pasta-eating, trendy, PC, metropolitan elite.