Has Nature simply finally pushed life too far?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If one looks closely at the univers our solar system, earth. Living conditions arround us everywhere are harsh, difficult for survival.
For hundreds of billions of years. These harsh conditions have killed living things, and slowly, life, Has grown stronger and stronger.

If this is what nature is, and by all account of my senses this seems to be true, then is it not natural, that eventually something, one life form would eventually become so strong that the harshness of the univers would no longer be bad enough to keep it under control?

If the univers is constantly killing the weak. And only the strong continue. Is it not natural that eventually something will become to strong for the univers? It's the only posible conclusion is it not?

With humans now totally dominating earth in so many ways, reshaping and mouldings it to its own purposes. Many are feeling guilty. As did I for a while, but then, I asked the question, Are we exactly what was supposed to happen?

And we are that life form that finally won over nature. Just like it's supposed to happen?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Mother Nature pushed us to become stronger, by only letting the strong survive. It's natural that eventually something would grow to strong.

Depends on to whom you speak. I respected my mother....

Was your mother always killing the weaker siblings?

If it's not us, then eventually something else will.

It's the inevitable conclusion to evolution.

Eventually the harsh environment will push life to become too powerful

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
A tree never killed anyone without help. You may be confusing circumstance (short term) and evolution (much longer) with nature

If everything keeps pushing life to grow stronger. Is it not natural that eventually something would grow too strong?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
If everything keeps pushing life to grow stronger. Is it not natural that eventually something would grow too strong?
My concern is the population. Think about 7 billion people pooping at least twice a day. Pretty soon our big blue planet is going to turn brown. A giant round turd floating in space.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
My concern is the population. Think about 7 billion people pooping at least twice a day. Pretty soon our big blue planet is going to turn brown. A giant round turd floating in space.

War seems like the only solution to that problem.

Since nature is no longer strong enough to keep us under control. Humans have to self control its own population.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Nature doesn't always root for the strongest, but the best
adapted or the most flexible.

The weak die in greater number then the strong over a period of billions of years.

The smart, find ways to survive. The lame do not and die.

Everything stimulates life to become stronger.

It shouldn't be a surprise when life eventually wins over the harshness of the environment.

It's a mathematical certainty that we reach dominance over our difficulty to survive.

If not us, then something else will eventually.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Not many T-Rex's wandering around my neighborhood.
Some that may think they are, but aren't. Survival of the
fittest doesn't necessarily mean the strongest.

Smartest, fastest, bestest. I'm using strongest as meaning the one who achieves dominance the best among its own species.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
By the same token can you imagine the stench from a billion buffalo sh--ing all day long were the great plains begin .

War seems like the only solution to that problem.

Since nature is no longer strong enough to keep us under control. Humans have to self control its own population.
As they have since day one .

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
By the same token can you imagine the stench from a billion buffalo sh--ing all day long were the great plains begin .

Yes but the thing is buffalo graze on grass and their poopie does not smell even a tenth as bad as human waste does and it is absorbed by the soil with no harm. You have no idea what is in the human waste could be hep c or many other diseases that animals do not have.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

So is war, a sort of necessary evil? A part of our connection with nature, continuing our evolution by competition of who is the strongest among humans, as to determine who should continue to evolve and make our species even faster, stronger, smarter?

Just in the same way nature has pushed all life to grow stronger.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
So is war, a sort of necessary evil? A part of our connection with nature, continuing our evolution by competition of who is the strongest among humans, as to determine who should continue to evolve and make our species even faster, stronger, smarter?

Just in the same way nature has pushed all life to grow stronger.
Here's the truth about war. At the height of the Great Depression even Roosevelts New Deal programs although they did help, were not enough to pull the country out of the abyss. It took a world War to lift the nation out of the depression and into the most prosperous country in the history of humanity. The direct result of the advantages brought forth by "War". Whether that is good or bad is anyones guess . But it is the truth. We are what we are because of War.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Here's the truth about war. At the height of the Great Depression even Roosevelts New Deal programs although they did help, were not enough to pull the country out of the abyss. It took a world War to lift the nation out of the depression and into the most prosperous country in the history of humanity. The direct result of the advantages brought forth by "War". Whether that is good or bad is anyones guess . But it is the truth. We are what we are because of War.

So maybe things are exactly how they should be, and things are the way they are for a good reason, one that we don't always fully realize. And this ultra progressiveness is just a little bit of silliness by people who haven't got a understanding of the full picture.