Some momentous news from the land down under

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A Yarra councillor wants to see more ‘green and red lady’ pedestrian signals installed across the inner city to promote gender equality.

Because being "given an instruction by a man" - even a luminous stick figure at a pedestrian crossing - "is inherently so biased."

Well, obviously. It’s what your taxes are for.

Yarra Council announced yesterday the silhouette of a woman would be installed at a new pedestrian crossing in Richmond. Greens Councillor Misha Coleman said the initiative was a “unique and rare” way to display gender equity and she would like to see Yarra known for its ‘green lady’ signals. “I’m a mother of two young children and we always talk about waiting for the ‘green man’,” Councillor Coleman said. “From when kids are young enough to walk they are given an instruction by a man and it has never occurred to any of us that that is inherently so biased.”

The suitably empowering and bias-free signal can be beheld here. Apparently, it depicts Mary Rogers, the second woman in Australia elected to local government, circa 1920. And clearly it’s a vast improvement over the heinously oppressive stick figure previously in use, and which no doubt crushed the spirits of small girls across Australia and steered them towards lives of grinding gender conformity.
After attending several International Women’s Day functions, Councillor Coleman said women were “blown away” by the ‘green lady’ initiative. “I think the main reason was because ‘why didn’t we think of that before and why have we accepted [that] the man tells us whether to walk or not’,” she said.

Those of you picturing aggrieved feminists expressing their defiance of the luminously oppressive male silhouette by randomly blundering into the road - and into oncoming traffic - are very bad people.

davidthompson: The Glow of the Patriarchy

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So now men will be told what to do by some stick figure woman ? How isn't that sexist if it's sexist the other way around. Personally, I had no idea the cross walk stick figure had any gender. Besides, maybe the stick figure is a bull dyke wearing a pantsuit. It's sexist to just assume it's a man.

First world problems brought to you by tiny minds.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So now men will be told what to do by some stick figure woman ? How isn't that sexist if it's sexist the other way around. Personally, I had no idea the cross walk stick figure had any gender. Besides, maybe the stick figure is a bull dyke wearing a pantsuit. It's sexist to just assume it's a man.

First world problems brought to you by tiny minds.
I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody quite so butthurt by what people do with their traffic signals on the other side of the world.

And folks here say lefties search for reasons to be offended.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm not sure I've ever seen anybody quite so butthurt by what people do with their traffic signals on the other side of the world.

And folks here say lefties search for reasons to be offended.
Butthurt? Offended? I guess my post needed to be in purple huh? In fact when I asked my wife if she felt "oppressed" by the cross walk signals here in Canada she asked me what the f*ck I was talking about.
When I told her about the bimbo in Australia she laughed her a$$ off because some weak-minded idiot felt "oppressed" by a cross walk signal. But that's about the status of the leftoids these days, even inanimate objects are able to oppress them. If you're feeling oppressed by a cross walk signal then I'd have to say YOU'RE the one with the problem, not the inanimate object.

But let's see how this cross walk signal scheme would work. How would you make the signal more "feminine"? Put a couple of bumps on the figure about chest high? How about making it look like it's wearing a skirt or dress? Oh, but that would sexist too because it would assume all women wear dresses and/or skirts.

Butthurt? Nah. I'm just laughing at yet another leftard idiot who didn't think her idea all the way through.

The whole gender equality argument, as it's being fought today anyway, utterly falls apart the moment it comes to violence. Feminists don't want that kind of equality with men. They want special treatment when it comes to that issue. Not that I'm advocating for violence towards women, men who beat up/prey on women are despicable cowards. But the simple fact is, the largest group of victims of male violence are other males.

If people want TRUE gender equality, then they need to realize that words like "feminist" and "feminism" are gender charged terms that still create division. I suggest the term "humanism".

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well we did change the term cockpit to flight deck, you think it's absurd? PC is out of control.
Yes, dear. Here's a box of tissues. Tell me all the many, many ways it has hurt your feels and ruined your life.

Here's one for all y'all that feel so hurt and abused by "political correctness." In Pittsburgh, there's a man who was working at a Chili's. After he got called a "retard" a few times, he complained to the manager, said he had a Down's Syndrome son, and he wouldn't tolerate being called that.

The manager fired him.

So I suggest y'all move to Pittsburgh where you can be as hateful and vicious as you like. One little warning, though. Pittsburgh has a significant black population, so you might could wanna look around carefully before y'all start saying "******."