“No” to Energy East but “Yes” to western oil money? Hypocrite Coderre reacts to criti

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
“No” to Energy East but “Yes” to western oil money? Hypocrite Coderre reacts to critics with anti-Christian smear

After Montreal area mayors refused to allow the Energy East pipeline to run through the region, Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre smeared his critics by suggesting they were anti-science types that believe the Flintstones was a documentary.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxiwKv31Lw

So Coderre takes a shot at Christians with progressive shorthand for stupid, conservative Christians. What does that have to do with a disagreement about pipelines?

When conservatives like WildRose leader Brian Jean or Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall present rational arguments about why Canadians should favour pipelines, not fear them, all they get back are irrational arguments and name-calling.

Whether supporters of these parties have religion in common or not is debatable. It’s far more likely they’re small business owners struggling to stay afloat in a tough economy.

Coderre thumbs his nose at pipelines with oil from Alberta and Saskatchewan but Wildrose tweeted out that since 2007, Quebec has taken in almost $74B dollars in equalization while Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall said: "I trust Montreal area mayors will politely return their share of $10B in equalization supported by west."

Don't count on it Brad. Coderre tweets about how we all contribute to the collective effort and can have opposing views but disagree with him, and he’ll mock you with an anti-Christian smear. I expected better from him. Coderre should be ashamed of himself.

I'm not even a westerner but I'm fed up so we’ve launched a new campaign here at The Rebel to “CutThemOFF.ca.

If you too think it’s hypocritical for politicians to take oil money from Alberta and Saskatchewan but not help get that oil to market with pipelines, then I invite you to sign the petition now.

Please share this petition far and wide on Facebook, Twitter, email – anyway you can – get your friends and family to sign up too.

We’re also going to commission a poll to see what residents of Alberta and Saskatchewan think of politicians like Coderre who take the money but block the oil.

If you can help pay for the poll, we would appreciate it. We don't get billions from taxpayers and only exist because you support the work we do. Any donation, $5, $10, or more will go a long way to making this a reality.

If you agree, if you support Canadian oil and oil workers and if you’re tired of the hypocrisy then go to CutThemOff.ca now to sign and share the petition.

source: “No� to Energy East but “Yes� to western oil money? Hypocrite Coderre reacts to critics with anti-Christian smear - The Rebel

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV9ZtqyQ5J4

Nice to see Rick support Energy East Pipeline.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
We're gonna need to move away from oil at some point.

Better to be resourceful and start storing those nuts now.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV9ZtqyQ5J4

Nice to see Rick support Energy East Pipeline.

Glad you found this, Boomer.

Mercer is bang on and certainly can't be accused of being a con-bot. He directly targets the hypocrisy of those who had no problem putting out their hands to take a heavy helping of Alberta money.

Bunch of hypocrites.

We're gonna need to move away from oil at some point.

Better to be resourceful and start storing those nuts now.

You aren't into storing anything. Storing and transition are about developing technologies that can carry us before we move from oil.

You and your Nimby ilk took transfer payments from Alberta while suckling oil off the t!ts off of Saudi Arabia and contributing to a society that endorses public stonings of women for being raped.

Hypocritical idiots who have no idea what they're talking about.

Yeah, Alberta is the problem.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Back many decades ago Alberta protested the National Energy Policy they said
Canada could pay world price for oil and not get cheaper oil from Alberta. Well
we are paying world price for oil

The 70's was a magic time when Alberta stressed the oil was theirs and we pay
or as it was said "The Eastern Bastards can freeze in the dark" now all of a
sudden the Easterner's have decided they don't want Alberta's oil

BC is not in favor of pipelines anymore either

Don't get me wrong the east west pipeline is a great idea and should be built
Kinder Morgan I don't have a problem with I think we should refine oil and sell
it at a higher price.
I am merely pointing out the problems facing Alberta are a reflection on the way
that province expressed itself decades ago. Easterner's have long memoires

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Total BS. Quebec doesn't want it. Ontario is importing some of it and the maritime provinces are being raped. Ever wonder why the maritime provinces are still burning oil in their furnaces. That's because the natural gas pipeline stops at Quebec. This *** for tat B.S. is what breeds division.

Well they sure don't mind getting it trucked in by road or rail. Another flake Premier who thinks she should get a cut of the pie that she's never invested in.
Don't get me wrong the east west pipeline is a great idea and should be built Kinder Morgan I don't have a problem with I think we should refine oil and sell it at a higher price.

Yes, we should and we should be putting Canadians first when it comes to energy.

I am merely pointing out the problems facing Alberta are a reflection on the way

Decades ago? So I see, it's okay to stick out your paw and forget past transgressions when you get transfer payments, but when things get a little tight you folks start quoting grudges from decades ago. What a load of hooey.

Oil will bounce, only a matter of time, I wonder if the leadership in this country understands that.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Pipeline politics: Trudeau, Montreal mayor talk Energy East | CTV Atlantic News

How did Chris Christie become the mayor of Montreal.. :lol:

Cake anyone.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Sending oil by ship is safer and more ecological than by pipeline. Just ask the captain and crews of: Amoco Cadiz, Torrey Canyon, Braer, Exon Valdiz, ........

Send everything by rail or truck, it's cheaper and safer. Just ask the people in Lac-Megantic.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Don't get me wrong the east west pipeline is a great idea and should be built
Kinder Morgan I don't have a problem with I think we should refine oil and sell
it at a higher price.

The oil does belong to AB just like the fruit you grow belongs to you, the trees or minerals on Crown land belongs to BCers or the hydroelectric opportunities in Quebec.belong to Quebecers ~ oops, the big hydro actually belongs to Nfld, but that's par for the course for Quebec I guess

... For an old guy, you sure believe that you are entitled to everything... Really DG, time to grow a pair and be a man

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Unless auntie Rachel pulls rabbit out of a hat, she'll be run out of AB on a rail (seeing how pipelines are verboten and far safer)

Maybe Damn Grumpy will take her in and she can get a cut of his orchard revenues that she is entitled to... After all, it does belong to all of us

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Hey Petros,
flossy still has not answered your question about what to use in lieu of oil, it has been about 15 hours, is that normal for our great and knowledgable one?