Chorus welcomes Syrian refugees to Canada with a song in honour of Prophet Muhammad

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Chorus welcomes Syrian refugees to Canada with a song in honour of Prophet Muhammad

On December 12, 2015, Today’s Zaman, – a Turkish English-language daily newspaper, published an article (reposted by Global News) – about a video which surfaced on YouTube showing a choir singing a welcome song for Syrian refugees to Canada in the Arabic language.

The video was posted one day after the arrival of the first 163 Syrian refugees who were personally welcomed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne at Pearson Airport in Toronto.

During the election campaign, the Liberal Party pledged to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by the end of December, 2015, but due to mounting security and logistical concerns, had to extend the deadline for resettlement of the refugees to February, 2016.

The video titled “Welcome to Canada Syrian Refugees” shows the choir singing one of the oldest songs in the Islamic culture called “Tala‘ al-Badru ‘Alaynā” which is sung to the Muslim Prophet Muhammad upon his arrival in Medina after completing the Battle of Tabuk.

Since it was posted, the video has been viewed over 213,000 times and was flooded with tearful and positive comments from viewers. DrSaraLove said: “I am an Arab, this video made me cry. I haven’t cried like that in really long. Thank you Canada. Beautiful people. I hate our Arab governments even more now. But Thank you.”

However, not all commenters shared the same feeling. Oday682 said: “Unfortunately only a small minority of muslims deserve this warm welcome. I’m from Iraq and I can tell you that no matter how much kindness and warm-heartedness you show, the primitive savage majority of muslims will always hate you, consider you as morally loose doomed infidels and will try to take advantage of you. I come from a muslim family and society and I know how they think.”

The lyrics of the song in English is as follows:
The full moon rose over us
From the valley of Wada
And it is incumbent upon us to show gratitude
For as long as anyone in existence calls out to God
Oh our Messenger amongst us
Who comes with the exhortations to be heeded
You have brought to this city nobility
Welcome you who call us to a good way​

In related news, on December 11, 2015, The Georgia Straight reported that a gay men’s choir from Vancouver, British Columbia, raised enough money to enable two gay Syrian men to apply for refugee status in Vancouver.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1IU_6rXNk

source: Chorus welcomes Syrian refugees to Canada with a song in honour of Prophet Muhammad | CIJNews English

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It turned out that the children weren't really performing for migrants. It was just a regular kid's concert by an Ottawa school.

But here's what's important. It wasn't just an "Arabic" song, as Justin Trudeau called it in an approving tweet. It's a Muslim song.
First, isn't it kind of weird that a secular public school is teaching kids a religious Muslim song?

Second: The idea of the song is that it is being sung to welcome Mohammed to Medina after he fled Mecca. So it is a song about migration.

Except that after Medina welcomed Mohammed -- the first Muslim refugee, you might say -- he killed all the Jewish men and enslaved the women.

And Justin Trudeau just loved it that song...

Remember that viral video of Canadian children singing a Muslim "welcome" song? Learn the sick TRUE STORY behind the music - The Rebel

Sz Tom

Jan 5, 2016
There's so many Muslims at my local Tim Horton's, the contest should be "Blow up the rim to win"

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Oh horrors. Canadians singing a song in Arabic. What's next - singing songs in French, German, Russian, Chinese, ItalianSpanish, etc? Or even worse singing songs about some Holy Man born 2000 years ago? Oh wait, Canadians already do all of those things.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Oh horrors. Canadians singing a song in Arabic. What's next - singing songs in French, German, Russian, Chinese, ItalianSpanish, etc? Or even worse singing songs about some Holy Man born 2000 years ago? Oh wait, Canadians already do all of those things.

... Oh wait, Canada was founded by French, German, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, etc and - oh wait - is a Christian nation.

Funny how that works, huh?