A Cure for ADHD!!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm assuming this was put under the wrong topic heading and should have been put under jokes, because if it is meant to be, even a little bit, "truthful" all it is showing is ignorance.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'm assuming this was put under the wrong topic heading and should have been put under jokes, because if it is meant to be, even a little bit, "truthful" all it is showing is ignorance.

Good point, it is meant to be funny.

However, the reason it is funny is it has an element of truth to it. You don't find many ADHD kids in two parent, well-disciplined environments.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

However, the reason it is funny is it has an element of truth to it. You don't find many ADHD kids in two parent, well-disciplined environments.

Really, hmmmm, interesting. and you have some study you can link to, to back this up?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Really, hmmmm, interesting. and you have some study you can link to, to back this up?

Only anecdotal. I spent seven years teaching, remember.

And I am not saying that family breakdown and lack of discipline are the problem in all cases.........just most, IMHO and experience.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

And I am not saying that family breakdown and lack of discipline are the problem in all cases.........just most, IMHO and experience.

Ahhhhhhh.... yes.... teachers....... IMNSH experience, teachers are useless morons, who in some cases, cause more problems than they solve. Useless pieces of skin when it comes to "teaching" any child that is even a little bit "difficult" and are REAL good at passing the buck and blaming others for their incompetence.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ahhhhhhh.... yes.... teachers....... IMNSH experience, teachers are useless morons, who in some cases, cause more problems than they solve. Useless pieces of skin when it comes to "teaching" any child that is even a little bit "difficult" and are REAL good at passing the buck and blaming others for their incompetence.

One of the reasons I don't teach anymore.....drugging the kids was an accepted form of control.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I worked with a young man who had trouble concentrating on things. He would get really frustrated and irritated if you asked him a question while he was trying to figure something else out. His memory was really bad as well. There were times when we would go to install on a jobsite he'd get lost trying to find the place and would throw a tantrum when he couldn't. I'd ask him, who field measured this job and he would reluctantly reply, well,,,I did but it was awhile ago. This man had two parents and was raised in a loving normal home. there was just something in him that he was born with. No idea what caused this because unlike the "experts", you simply can't know. I've worked with a few people who had attention and concentration problems and maybe medication will help, or maybe not. Just don't know. I don't however think that their environment is the reason for their handicap.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
One of the reasons I don't teach anymore.....drugging the kids was an accepted form of control.

Yup, that's what the SCHOOLS and TEACHERS forced us to do with 2 of our kids instead of listening to us as to what was needed to "handle" them. The SCHOOLS and TEACHERS were real good about demanding the kids be drugged.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lol funny
Nuts but funny.

Baloney. Causes of ADHD

So much for anecdote.

there was just something in him that he was born with. No idea what caused this because unlike the "experts", you simply can't know. I've worked with a few people who had attention and concentration problems and maybe medication will help, or maybe not. Just don't know. I don't however think that their environment is the reason for their handicap.
You are right.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Thanks. I am glad I found it.

Wish I'd had it when my kids were younger to stuff up a few peoples collective a$$es.

Walter, do you have kids that are add/adhd? If not, you can shove that thumbs down right up your fu cking a$$.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

You don't find any ADHD kids not carrying mercury in thier blood is the truth of the matter. How you discipline poisoning is beyond my medical training.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

ME. My parents are together still and if anything they might have been too strict. Ive learned to embrace the chaos :D

The reason you see me like this on the internetz is because its the internetz

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Come on walter, get it off your chest, considering that is 3 reds you've given me in this thread, you must have some very intellectual thoughts on ADD/ADHD. I'm sure you MUST be an expert in the field. I'm sure you wouldn't have ANY problem showing that you have FAR more experience dealing with ADD/ADHD children than I do, or dealing with the school systems when it comes to how they handle ADD/ADHD children.