Trudeau Pledges to Update Peace Tower Clock to Digital

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
“Because it’s 2015.” Prime Minister Trudeau’s response to a question about why he had so many female cabinet ministers resonated with Canadians. These three words encapsulate the tone that the Liberal Government is working hard to set, one of “real change”. Among these changes are aggressively progressive promises such as electoral reform and legalizing marijuana, and this morning Mr. Trudeau added another to his list.

“Canadians are tired of business as usual. We are coming into a golden age of enlightened thinking, of openness, and diversity. Our lives are becoming busier and moving faster. It is time that our parliament reflect these changes. That is why my government has committed to spending six million dollars to update the Peace Tower clock from analog to digital. No longer will Canadians be forced to figure out what time it is on the Hill. Gone will be the days of trying to figure out which is the long hand, and wondering if there is a second hand on the clock. The digitization of the Peace Tower clock will ensure that Canadians across the country will be able to quickly and effectively tell the time.”

Trudeau Pledges to Update Peace Tower Clock to Digital | Ottawhat?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

When the power goes out or when it's daylight savings who's going to climb up there and fix it?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
There are remote controls for that sort of thing. My partner and I had a digital advertising bar in the front window of our boutique. It started out being kind of fun to type stuff out and see it roll across the screen. It got boring after about 5 minutes, though, and after that, neither one of us wanted to change anything on it. lol

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
They have a digital marquis<spelling?> in front of the french public school about a block from my place..
The clock is most always wrong and the temperature doesn't make sense...
One of these days I take a time stamp picture and post it....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No plan for Syrian refugees
Acts like clown, gives high school level speech at G20 summit

Hey look over there... Clock.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Six million $ to change the clock? Financial priorities aren't on a rich boy's compass, I guess. I wonder if Canadians who are struggling to make ends meet would think that is important?
Does this mean that people can no longer tell the time on a clock with a minute hand and a second hand? Well, it IS such a difficult thing to learn! :)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Six million $ to change the clock? Financial priorities aren't on a rich boy's compass, I guess. I wonder if Canadians who are struggling to make ends meet would think that is important?
Does this mean that people can no longer tell the time on a clock with a minute hand and a second hand? Well, it IS such a difficult thing to learn! :)

You really should tell everyone you know about this.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Well this just pisses me right off. Leave the damn clock as it is. It is a piece of our history.

So is slavery.

I don't oppose this for historical reasons but for economic ones.

If research should show that this plan could save money in the Ling run, I could go for it, otherwise no.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No longer will Canadians be forced to figure out what time it is on the Hill. Gone will be the days of trying to figure out which is the long hand, and wondering if there is a second hand on the clock. The digitization of the Peace Tower clock will ensure that Canadians across the country will be able to quickly and effectively tell the time.”
Pathetic. Analog clocks are classy and have a certain stated elegance to them. A digital clock in the Peace Tower? Might as well dress up the rest of the building like a painted w/hore and deck it out in neon while they're at it.
What happened, did one of his former students write him a letter?

"Deer Mr. Trudo, I'm such a sad-a$$ feeb I can't tell the difrance between a long hand and a short hand. Pleese, change the clock on Parlamint Hill to a dijital won so those of us with a grade 3 edukayshun can tell time when we r in the sitee."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
“Because it’s 2015.” Prime Minister Trudeau’s response to a question about why he had so many female cabinet ministers resonated with Canadians. These three words encapsulate the tone that the Liberal Government is working hard to set, one of “real change”. Among these changes are aggressively progressive promises such as electoral reform and legalizing marijuana, and this morning Mr. Trudeau added another to his list.

“Canadians are tired of business as usual. We are coming into a golden age of enlightened thinking, of openness, and diversity. Our lives are becoming busier and moving faster. It is time that our parliament reflect these changes. That is why my government has committed to spending six million dollars to update the Peace Tower clock from analog to digital. No longer will Canadians be forced to figure out what time it is on the Hill. Gone will be the days of trying to figure out which is the long hand, and wondering if there is a second hand on the clock. The digitization of the Peace Tower clock will ensure that Canadians across the country will be able to quickly and effectively tell the time.”

Trudeau Pledges to Update Peace Tower Clock to Digital | Ottawhat?

Utter waste of f**King money! That could provide the 6000 poorest Canadians with $1000 each for Xmas!