Terrorists and Guns

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Now here's an interesting one for Real Americans and Old Stock Canadians. . .

Should people on the terrorist watch list in the U.S. be forbidden to buy guns?

Or should young American citizens who've come to the attention of the FBI through their "radicalizing" activities, though not (yet) illegal, be allowed to buy a couple of dozen semi-auto AK47s that can be converted to full auto in 20 seconds with a folded-up matchbook (I've done it), and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Depends on who's list of terrorists you are using..........

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did anyone stop renting cube vans to white people?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Clark County sheriff deputies arrested a triple homicide suspect in Southwest Washington Saturday.

Authorities said Brent W. Luyster, 35, was found in a gold Ford Explorer on Ocean Beach Highway. He was taken into custody without incident, Sheriff's Office Sgt. Fred Neiman said.

The Sheriff's Office had been hunting for Luyster since finding three people dead at a home Friday. Another person was wounded in shootings late Friday near Woodland.

The Columbian newspaper reports that Luyster was scheduled for trial Monday in Cowlitz County Superior Court on allegations that he pistol-whipped his ex-girlfriend at his Longview home. He pleaded not guilty in May to charges of assault, harassment and illegal firearm possession.

Neiman says a woman who was shot in the face drove to a convenience store in Woodland around 10:30 p.m. Friday and told deputies she had been shot at a home near Woodland. Neiman says she remains hospitalized.

Members of the Sheriff's Office and a regional SWAT team went to the home and found two men dead outside the home and a woman dead inside.

Deputies arrest triple homicide suspect in Clark County | KIRO-TV

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
But he's not "radicalized."

And neither were Marx, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Himmler, Pol Pot, Mao, Hirohito, Khomeini, Mugabe, along with a laundry list of other despotic monarchs, leaders and commanders of the past including English, French, Spanish, Roman, you name it. Nor were their faithful followers and useful idiots.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
AK47 assault riffle are used for what? We have 75 million (est.) of these in circulation, and thousand being counterfeited, how can it be controlled at this stage? Just me, but I say it simply cannot be stopped now. To prevent or control anything; you have to stop it at the very very beginning of it's inception; make it illegal, crush it, contain it, don't let it spread. Countries like Mexico, the US, Africa, it's the Jihadist weapon of choice, Russia, these are a few countries where the AK47 is one of the many family owned gun, but it's also one of the arm of choice for the military. Suspend "open carry law" is as stupid as it sounds, why is it not suspended 100% of the time!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Or should young American citizens who've come to the attention of the FBI through their "radicalizing" activities, though not (yet) illegal, be allowed to buy a couple of dozen semi-auto AK47s that can be converted to full auto in 20 seconds with a folded-up matchbook (I've done it), and a couple of thousand rounds of ammo?

The answer to this is so blatantly obvious that one wonders if it is a rhetorical question.

The right to keep and bear arms is protected by the US Bill of Rights, and it is an individual right according to the Supreme Court.

One can not have their rights removed by simply having the police arbitrarily add their name to a list. It would be an absolute violation of due process.

Yes, people on the watch list should be allowed to buy guns.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The answer to this is so blatantly obvious that one wonders if it is a rhetorical question.

The right to keep and bear arms is protected by the US Bill of Rights, and it is an individual right according to the Supreme Court.

One can not have their rights removed by simply having the police arbitrarily add their name to a list. It would be an absolute violation of due process.
Wanna bet?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
thats why we have false flag terrorism
its about taking OUR rights

and before you give me the standard TV arguement
look around you

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, well, you've got a point.

Allow me to re-phrase;

One should not be subject to having their rights removed by the police arbitrarily adding their name to a list. It would be an absolute violation of due process.
You mean the due process worked out painfully over 750 years of hard work by millions of really smart people trying to find something that, however imperfectly, approaches justice?

Nah, I got this book. By this guy. He has all the answers!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Hey, the Constitution applies to everyone, sick bastwards included. There should be no restrictions whatever over the ownership of any type of weapons. You should be able to buy and shoot a Stinger missile or a flame thrower! Let freedom ring!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hey, the Constitution applies to everyone, sick bastwards included. There should be no restrictions whatever over the ownership of any type of weapons. You should be able to buy and shoot a Stinger missile or a flame thrower! Let freedom ring!
Nah, I prefer your idea of rendering the people utterly unable to take care of themselves. That way the loving, benevolent government can take care of them all without the dangers of free folk objecting to the kind of care the government deems good for them.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Nah, I prefer your idea of rendering the people utterly unable to take care of themselves. That way the loving, benevolent government can take care of them all without the dangers of free folk objecting to the kind of care the government deems good for them.

Anarchy over co-operation ... now that us truly the American way and is what sets you apart from the rest of us.