Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

BTW, Merry Cristmas (early, I know)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Valentines is a money Grab, Christmas is Jesus Christ's Birthday (well not actually)

Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25 | United Church of God

There you go! How much of Xmas is about Jesus Christ's birthday? :)

Valentines is a money Grab, Christmas is Jesus Christ's Birthday (well not actually)

Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25 | United Church of God

From what I heard he was actually born closer to Easter about 4 B.C.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think Dec. 15 is a good time to start celebrating Xmas- actually don't really even want to hear the word before then.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Christmas commercials are going on in Gopherland radio/tv.

We have a few Veteran's Day sales commercials but no Thanksgiving Day specials announced just yet ....

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
I don't think that it really matters what date, Christ was born. The thing that is that is important to me that we live our lives according to the Christ-like intention indicated in the Bible of love,love,love. December 25th is the day that has been arbitrarily decided on the celebrate Christ's birthday. It is fine to discuss what the date of his birth is but the 25th is the day.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Christmas commercials are going on in Gopherland radio/tv.

We have a few Veteran's Day sales commercials but no Thanksgiving Day specials announced just yet ....

Yeah it's all designed to benefit the merchants, while driving the consumer deeper and deeper in debt. Other than spending $5 or so on the grandkids I don't bother with it too much. Sometimes I'll give the food bank or the Sally Ann a dollar.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Christianity adopted many pagan holidays but failed to embrace the pagan day of Peace on Beltane - that should be the real Christmas.

But, whatever ....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think that it really matters what date, Christ was born. The thing that is that is important to me that we live our lives according to the Christ-like intention indicated in the Bible of love,love,love. December 25th is the day that has been arbitrarily decided on the celebrate Christ's birthday. It is fine to discuss what the date of his birth is but the 25th is the day.

I used to think naively it was about "Peace on Earth and Good Will toward Men" and in some respects I guess it was. Yeah, the actual date of his birth is irrelevant. Back in the 1600s they took a few days out of the calendar....................summer was getting to be too much like winter or vicy versy.

Actually it was 1752- they shortened September!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Yeah it's all designed to benefit the merchants, while driving the consumer deeper and deeper in debt. Other than spending $5 or so on the grandkids I don't bother with it too much. Sometimes I'll give the food bank or the Sally Ann a dollar.

We don't have to accept the commercial aspect of Christmas. We can celebrate the true meaning of the season (Peace on earth, goodwill toward men) in our own personal way.
My family cut back on gift giving years ago. We limit one gift per person and it cannot be anything expensive. It can be a book, a utilitarian item such as a kitchen utensil or a tool, bottle o wine, chocolates, whatever is useful and inexpensive. I give homemade jams, pickles and preserves or crocheted items such as slippers or afghans. The family loves them!
Our main object is to spend the time all together enjoying relaxation, games, good conversation and good food.
When people wish me 'Happy Holidays!' in public, I respond with, 'Merry Christmas!'.
Society has become greedy and PC because we have allowed it. No more for me! I will not be manipulated like that.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's 3.05pm and it's already starting to get dark (the outside world, that is, not David Dickinson).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We don't have to accept the commercial aspect of Christmas. We can celebrate the true meaning of the season (Peace on earth, goodwill toward men) in our own personal way.
My family cut back on gift giving years ago. We limit one gift per person and it cannot be anything expensive. It can be a book, a utilitarian item such as a kitchen utensil or a tool, bottle o wine, chocolates, whatever is useful and inexpensive. I give homemade jams, pickles and preserves or crocheted items such as slippers or afghans. The family loves them!
Our main object is to spend the time all together enjoying relaxation, games, good conversation and good food.
When people wish me 'Happy Holidays!' in public, I respond with, 'Merry Christmas!'.
Society has become greedy and PC because we have allowed it. No more for me! I will not be manipulated like that.

Excellent post!

It's 3.05pm and it's already starting to get dark (the outside world, that is, not David Dickinson).

If you don't like it move down to the equator! (Or better still, Antarctica) :)