Homeless Enjoy Wedding Lunch After Groom Backs Out

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Homeless Enjoy Wedding Lunch After Groom Backs Out

Quinn Duane's family decide to make the kind-hearted gesture after her fiance calls off the wedding five days before the ceremony.

The family of a woman whose $35,000 (£22,000) wedding was called off when her would-be groom got cold feet arranged for homeless people to enjoy the wedding breakfast instead.

Quinn Duane, 27, was set to tie the knot in Sacramento on Saturday, but her fiance Landon Dorup called off the wedding days before the ceremony was due to take place.

Deposits for the wedding, at Sacramento's Citizen Hotel, had already been paid and more bills were due.

But instead of cancelling, the jilted bride's mother Kari Duane decided to let people who were worse off benefit.

She told KCRA TV: "When I found out on Monday that the wedding would not be taking place, it just seemed like, of course, this would be something that we would do to give back.

"I feel a lot of heartache and heartbreak for her (Quinn), but I will take away something good from this, I will."

Food from the hotel's four-star restaurant, The Grange, including salmon, tri-tip beef and gnocchi, was served up to homeless people in the city.

Rashad Abdullah was one person invited along with his wife and five children.

He told the TV station: "When you're going through a hard time and a struggle for you to get out to do something different and with your family, it was really a blessing."

Around 120 guests had been invited to the original ceremony.

Quinn Duane chose not to attend the meal.

source:: Homeless Enjoy Wedding Lunch After Groom Backs Out

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It was the jilted bride that fed the homeless. Not the cold footed groom.