helicopter ride

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This past week I had three heart attacks starting with saturday evening when I had to suspend my drinking engagment because of chest pain. On staturday sunday and monday evenings I had to suspend my drinking and cannabis engagements early because of chest pains shoulder pain and arm pain mainly felt in the elbows. The saturday and sunday events lasted about three hours and I was able to stop the pain and sleep Monday I couldn't , at about 2100 hours the pains started again but a magnitude stronger and I could get no relief all through the night. I blamed all this on manhandling an electric hot water tank friday, they're quite heavy. After twelve hours of bad pain I got a nephew to take me the ER for a look see which resulted in a fun air evacuation on a chopper to Halifax, the weather was spectacular some fun turbulence and a very fine panoramic view. Had a stent installed wendsday, everythings fine, very little damage to any criticle components. Now I know what a heart attack feels like. Ambulance back to New Glassgow Wedensday afternoon, discharged yesterday afternoon, had a little beer and a few tokes last night, no adverse effects, feeling fine. I have managed to smoke only eleven cigarrettes thus far today. I have to scratch out a will and take it easy for a while.

I blame it all on Harper and Obumer.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Stent sounds scarier than it is - so I learned from experience. Hardest part is that bottle-capper thingy they use to clamp you to the bed so the site can seal up a bit - but is sure sounds Star Trekkie to us old guys when they do heart surgery through your crotch. All the best, Beave....

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The things some people do just to get a free chopper ride. It is far cheaper to look after your body and pay $1000/hr to hire a chopper for a tour.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
This past week I had three heart attacks starting with saturday evening when I had to suspend my drinking engagment because of chest pain. On staturday sunday and monday evenings I had to suspend my drinking and cannabis engagements early because of chest pains shoulder pain and arm pain mainly felt in the elbows. The saturday and sunday events lasted about three hours and I was able to stop the pain and sleep Monday I couldn't , at about 2100 hours the pains started again but a magnitude stronger and I could get no relief all through the night. I blamed all this on manhandling an electric hot water tank friday, they're quite heavy. After twelve hours of bad pain I got a nephew to take me the ER for a look see which resulted in a fun air evacuation on a chopper to Halifax, the weather was spectacular some fun turbulence and a very fine panoramic view. Had a stent installed wendsday, everythings fine, very little damage to any criticle components. Now I know what a heart attack feels like. Ambulance back to New Glassgow Wedensday afternoon, discharged yesterday afternoon, had a little beer and a few tokes last night, no adverse effects, feeling fine. I have managed to smoke only eleven cigarrettes thus far today. I have to scratch out a will and take it easy for a while.

'Those damn cigarettes, those damn cigarettes.' Johnny Carson

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
stent sounds scarier than it is - so i learned from experience. Hardest part is that bottle-capper thingy they use to clamp you to the bed so the site can seal up a bit - but is sure sounds star trekkie to us old guys when they do heart surgery through your crotch. all the best, beave....

what??

Glad you were able to report back to us.

Glad you're ok and you didn't loose your sense of humour.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

:shock: :(

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
WOW, certainly glad all ended well, your still up and about.

my husband and you could have a similar conversation, comparing your days.

a short while back, he was sitting in the doctors office, chatting with a friend, got dizzy,
fell over, went into cardiac arrest.

took 3 paddles and lots of cpr till he finally came back. ambulance to comox hospital, then
helicopter to Victoria, where they checked him out thoroughly and after a few days of constantly
cancelling his procedure because of more serious cases, they implanted an I C D, and now he is doing
fine at home, can't drive for 6 months, not suppose to lift his arm over his shoulder for 6 weeks,
then a checkup then back to his normal routine.

caused from scar tissue from previous heart problems, but the icd will immediately help him should
this happen again.

he loved his helicopter ride, right down the coast of the island to Victoria, his first ride in one
of those.

he is so lucky, could have happened to him anywhere, while he was driving to the doctor, while he was
fishing the week before, so he also can move forward and live.

take care of yourself, I can see you are very particular about your diet. lol

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
The things some people do just to get a free chopper ride. It is far cheaper to look after your body and pay $1000/hr to hire a chopper for a tour.

It's not that good. I've been ignoring the request to renew my heath card for years. I had a quick look at the preliminary cost of flying me arround and the ambulance. There was four crew on the chopper they flew a hundred miles. I believe it's over three thou. I might have to get back into crime.

Stent sounds scarier than it is - so I learned from experience. Hardest part is that bottle-capper thingy they use to clamp you to the bed so the site can seal up a bit - but is sure sounds Star Trekkie to us old guys when they do heart surgery through your crotch. All the best, Beave....

They preped my crotch but went in through my right wrist.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
what??

Glad you were able to report back to us.

Glad you're ok and you didn't loose your sense of humour.

You know I'm sure my sence of humour saved me. I can't tell you why I'm sure but it's something close to "grin and bear it". If you have a choice between laughter or tears, go for the laughs. It's easy to do that when you know without doubt that you are responsible for the position you find yourself in. I'm very happy to inform the board about how stupid I've been about my less than healthy habits. I missed getting the attack on my birthday by a couple of days.

I could have gone face first into the cake.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You know I'm sure my sence of humour saved me. I can't tell you why I'm sure but it's something close to "grin and bear it". If you have a choice between laughter or tears, go for the laughs. It's easy to do that when you know without doubt that you are responsible for the position you find yourself in. I'm very happy to inform the board about how stupid I've been about my less than healthy habits. I missed getting the attack on my birthday by a couple of days.

I could have gone face first into the cake.
You're lucky you got to see the scenery. They hit me up with a major dose of Gravol just pre-flight and I couldn't keep my eyes open for trying. 35 minutes to Kelowna instead of 4 hours by ambulance (last May). Last time they shipped by ambulance and the doctor (a sadistic little wench) shot me up with a diuretic. We had to stop every 10 minutes so I could piss. Took 5 hours to get there that time (7 years ago).

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Glad ya pulled through, Beave; and Talloola's husband , and Loner. Ain't had mine yet. Buddy of mine did though. They took
him to Ottawa via ambulance, and used the paddles on him 4 times. He said there ain't no bright light, everything goes grey
and fades out from there.

Take care folks.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Ok then Beav... I figured what a GREAT time to revive this thread seeing as you are back to railing against big phama and hospitals.

I see you went to the ER... now why would you go there seeing that you are so against such places for others?

An ambulance ride and a MED Flight! Do you know that those are the vehicles of evil corporations!

You had a stent installed? No pain medication? No numbing agents? Was it full anesthesia? Where did the stent come from?

And last but not least... what prescriptions did they send you home with?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Ain't it amazing what you can build with straw? You're misconscrewsion will get you nowhere. The statistics are on my side when you go to hospitals you're flipping a coin, there are no gaurantees in life and you know it. Pain medication is not a modern invention by the way.
By the way every cost involved in my visit was paid for by my tax dollars and the generous similar donations made by my wonderful fellow citizens, thankyou for saving me guys. The chopper ride was nice, I suggested a bus, but they would have none of it.

In 1999, Americans learned that 98,000 people were dying every year from preventable errors in hospitals. That came from a widely touted analysis by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) called To Err Is Human. This was the “Silent Spring” of the health care world, grabbing headlines for revealing a serious and deadly problem that required policy and action.
As it turns out, those were the good old days.
According to a new study just out from the prestigious Journal of Patient Safety, four times as many people die from preventable medical errors than we thought, as many as 440,000 a year.

Close to a half million preventable deaths due to erros in the USA every year.

With these latest revelations, medical errors now claim the spot as the third leading cause of death in the United States, dwarfing auto accidents, diabetes and everything else besides Cancer and heart disease.
That means hospitals are killing off the equivalent of the entire population of Atlanta one year, Miami the next, then moving to Oakland, and on and on.

These people are not dying from the illnesses that caused them to seek hospital care in the first place. They are dying from mishaps that hospitals could have prevented. What do these errors look like? The sponge left inside the surgical patient, prompting weeks of mysterious, agonizing abdominal pain before the infection overcomes bodily functions. The medication injected into a baby’s IV at a dose calculated for a 200 pound man. The excruciating infection from contaminated equipment used at the bedside. Sadly, over a thousand people a day are dying from these kinds of mistakes.

STATINS RED ALERT: Widely prescribed drugs act as cellular poisons that accelerate...
drugs STATINS RED ALERT: Widely prescribed drugs act as cellular poisons that accelerate ... takes huge dollars from Monsanto STATINS RED ALERT: Widely prescribed drugs act as ...
404 - NaturalNews.com
Statin scam exposed: Cholesterol drugs cause rapid aging, brain damage and diabetes...
Monday, September 28, 2015 by: Jennifer Lea Reynolds Tags: statins, drug scam, premature ... takes huge dollars from Monsanto STATINS RED ALERT: Widely prescribed drugs act as ...
404 - NaturalNews.com

They wanted me to buy and swallow a hugh bottle of this junk.

^ Nov 03 12:03

Finally! Studies Prove That Unvaccinated Children Are Far Healthier

Tags:

A study from the 1990s has come to light, proving that compared to unvaccinated children, vaccinated children were more likely to suffer from asthma, eczema, ear infections, hyperactivity and many other chronic conditions.
Furthermore, the study identified that there was a ten-fold increase in the incidence of tonsillitis in the children who were vaccinated, and a total lack tonsillectomy operations among the children who were unvaccinated.
In 1992, the Immunization Awareness Society (IAS) conducted a survey to examine the health of New Zealand’s children. Unsurprisingly, the results of their study indicated that unvaccinated children were far healthier than vaccinated children.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ain't it amazing what you can build with straw? You're misconscrewsion will get you nowhere. The statistics are on my side when you go to hospitals you're flipping a coin, there are no gaurantees in life and you know it. Pain medication is not a modern invention by the way.

Yes you got your butt to the hospital pretty quick though. All your foolish babble went right out the window when that pain in your chest wouldn't go away. And I can bet you swallowed every pill that was put in front of you and accepted every needle into your arm didn't you.

You bet your azz you did.