Bitten By a Bat?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yesterday morning early, about 2:am, we were awakened by what we thought was a bird hitting the bedroom window, turned out to be a bat.. my wife is scared to death of the damned things. What we thought was a bird, turned out to be a bat. flying round and round in our bedroom at ceiling height. I finally hit it with a broom and the bat was unmoving on the flour. My first big mistake was trying to pick it up and the bat bit into my right index finger.........hurt like hell.......now I was bleeding as well as being pissed off at this damned animal. I eventually put a box over the bat and things quieted a little. My second mistake was carrying the bat outside and letting it go. If we had kept the bat, it could have been determined whether or not the animal had Rabies and I wouldn't have had to go through a whole program of painful Rabies shots like I'm doing now. I'll keep you all updated on the treatment.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sorry about your luck. Sometimes in the panic of the moment one cannot easily see your mistakes. But I see you have identified them in hindsight. I don't envy you your treatments but Rabies is even worse.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
All right, let's just get this out of the way first shall we?

Have you noticed a sudden aversion to sunlight? Have you lost the desire to eat garlic? Do small spindly pieces of wood send shivers up your spine?

:D

Seriously though that sucks (no pun intended;)), I understand the shots to be quite the ordeal. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

But you should really try to milk the whole vampire thing cuz who has the opportunity to do that often in their lives.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Have you noticed a sudden aversion to sunlight? Have you lost the desire to eat garlic? Do small spindly pieces of wood send shivers up your spine?

Seriously though that sucks (no pun intended;)), I understand the shots to be quite the ordeal. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :)

But you should really try to milk the whole vampire thing cuz who has the opportunity to do that often in their lives.

I never made the vampire connection. I guess I haven't watched enough Twilight.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

The shots are unpleasant, but not nearly as bad as I thought they might be. So far I've had about eleven assorted needles with at least that many to come, mostly in my rump,

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I never made the vampire connection. I guess I haven't watched enough Twilight.

Geez neither have I (watched Twilight that is). Vampires and bats are classic Dracula 101, lol.

The shots are unpleasant, but not nearly as bad as I thought they might be. So far I've had about eleven assorted needles with at least that many to come, mostly in my rump,

Yeah, that doesn't sound all that bad. Unless I suppose if someone were afraid of needles.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Geez neither have I (watched Twilight that is). Vampires and bats are classic Dracula 101, lol.

Yeah, that doesn't sound all that bad. Unless I suppose if someone were afraid of needles.

Only those who can see their own *** would have to be fearful. Circus people and gymnasts for example.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The wardrobe is incredibly expensive, though.

Hope it goes OK, juan. And SLM's right. Long as you're in this predicament, might as well go around staring at people's necks, just to freak 'em out a little.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The wardrobe is incredibly expensive, though.

Hope it goes OK, juan. And SLM's right. Long as you're in this predicament, might as well go around staring at people's necks, just to freak 'em out a little.

Well, my eye teeth do seem to be getting longer and I do have a strong desire to nuzzle the neck of the the blond woman just down the block............on the other hand, I had that desire long before I got bit by the bat........:lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, my eye teeth do seem to be getting longer and I do have a strong desire to nuzzle the neck of the the blond woman just down the block............on the other hand, I had that desire long before I got bit by the bat........:lol:

Stay away from guys named Van Helsing......just to be in the safe side. :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

So what is stopping you? You can claim rabies if it doesn't work out.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
why so many needles, seems a bit over the top.

a bat came into our house in surrey many years ago, we ran around with a fish net till we caught it,
happily, no bites.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
... and enjoy your new life as a vampire.

See! I'm not the only one!